Is this good?

Options
2»

Replies

• DeguelloTex
    DeguelloTex Posts: 6,652 Member
    Options
    queenliz99 wrote: »
    That's a lot of yogurt. My opinion depends on what kind of yogurt this is. Gogurt--no. Plain, unsweetened Greek yogurt--yes.

Are you getting enough protein? Are you going over on the carb macro?

What is wrong with gogurt?

If you eat 4 tubes of Go-Gurt a day, that is more than half of the sugar that you should be consuming daily. It doesn't leave much room for fruit or other, more satisfying, foods which also contain sugar.

Even more standard fruit or vanilla yogurts sometimes contain quite a lot of sugar. There is often a big difference between vanilla vs. plain in terms of carbs and sugar. It is worth paying careful attention to yogurt labels as nutrition varies quite a bit.

It looks like the OP is actually eating several different kinds of yogurt.
    If satiety isn't an issue, why does she need more satisfying sources of sugar, even presuming that the amount of sugar she "should" eat matches what you think she "should" eat?
  • daniwilford
    daniwilford Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    Grapes are fine, red grapes especially. The only reason I can think to avoid grapes, would be if you have type 2 diabetes, as a fruit they do have a larger sugar to fiber ratio than some other fruits. But for those without that issue, grapes are a great food, the red ones have even more antioxidants.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,986 Member
    Options
    @chinny88 - does this breakfast fill you up? For me, it has too many carbs, and not enough fat, protein, and calories, and I'd be hungry again in an hour.

47708cd785c466a13b978925ee8051fe.png
  • kshama2001
    Options
    chinny88 wrote: »
    It's just hard to fit them into my hectic days

You've mentioned you work 40 hours - what else do you have going on?
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    chinny88 wrote: »
    This is my typical day
    Breakfast porridgr and a low fat yogurt
    Snack yoghurt
    Lunch small portion of pasta and a piece of fruit
    Snack yoghurt
    Dinner small chicken low fat wrap, baked beans and a yoghurt
    I LOVE UOGHURT lol

In terms of just weight loss you can eat whatever fits your calorie goal. In terms of nutrition eating a lot of one food can have you missing out on nutrition.
    I wouldn't have yogurt more than once or twice a day personally. Maybe replace some of the yogurt with vegetables or fruit.
    You can eat raw vegetables or fruit for something fast. Get enough protein from things like meat, eggs, beans.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Looking at your diary for the last few days

Not enough vegetables
    Not enough protein
  • Sued0nim
    Options
    If you swapped that yogurt for a pot of Total 0% Greek yogurt and 75g of fresh berries you'd have 19g protein, 5g fibre for 140 cals inc vit c, calcium, iron
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    If you swapped that yogurt for a pot of Total 0% Greek yogurt and 75g of fresh berries you'd have 19g protein, 5g fibre for 140 cals inc vit c, calcium, iron

Just to add to this - where I am fresh berries can be pretty expensive at times. I have found that frozen ones are just as good. I throw some frozen cherries over plain yogurt in the evening, sit all night in the fridge, stir and eat it in the morning (I also add nuts and some cinnamon). I've also tried strawberries which aren't bad either but they take longer to thaw.
    I also do fuller fat greek yogurt though.
  • Sued0nim
    Options
    I like it plain but a tsp of honey instead of the berries will sweeten it for minimum calories
  • kshama2001
    Options

Just to add to this - where I am fresh berries can be pretty expensive at times. I have found that frozen ones are just as good. I throw some frozen cherries over plain yogurt in the evening, sit all night in the fridge, stir and eat it in the morning (I also add nuts and some cinnamon). I've also tried strawberries which aren't bad either but they take longer to thaw.

Ya, when berries aren't in season locally, I buy frozen berries. They are not the same as berries right out of my garden, but they will do, and they are cheaper than the out-of-season berries from thousands of miles away that were picked before peak ripeness in order to transport well. And there are no issues with waste.
  • Sued0nim
    Options
    If you add frozen berries to yogurt you get an immediate frozen yogurt
  • 3dogsrunning
    Options
    If you add frozen berries to yogurt you get an immediate frozen yogurt

I have actually learned this is a thing. I had no idea. My cherries were thawed and my yogurt was still frozen, go figure. I didn't mind it though.
  • 3dogsrunning
    Options
    kshama2001 wrote: »

Ya, when berries aren't in season locally, I buy frozen berries. They are not the same as berries right out of my garden, but they will do, and they are cheaper than the out-of-season berries from thousands of miles away that were picked before peak ripeness in order to transport well. And there are no issues with waste.

I'm fairly certain nothing is better than right out of the garden but since I let the strawberry patch that came with my house go, I have to settle for grocery store ones.