Does anyone Wana know how to loose to 5 pounds in 1 week?

Options

Replies

• pasrichasaree
    pasrichasaree Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    Guys my point is to not eat after 4 or 5 pm. Have a heavy breakfast and lunch but don't have anything heavy after 5 pm. Just have some fruits and that's all. Enjoy ur weight loss. No diet plan stays in action forever u have to change the things in ur diet every few months. Enjoy ur weight loss. Love live long life.
    Sorry, but it's a bad point. Weight loss is just about calories in an out. One could surplus calories before 5pm and not lose weight. One could eat after 5pm in calorie deficit and lose weight. The point you're making is moot because you're relying on just eating less, which is the basis of weight loss.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

• brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    Options
    lyzee88 wrote: »
    Go vegan!

Why? I have no qualms with killing animals and eating their flesh.
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Go vegan!

Vegans can be overweight too!
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Go vegan!

I know plenty of overweight vegans.
  • pasrichasaree
    pasrichasaree Posts: 10 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Guys I'll start from beginning. While back about 3 years ago I was about 199 pound and suddenly I wanted to drop my weight so I had this idea not to eat after 4 or 5 pm. If I had felt hungry I would just had a banana. Trust me guys it was not easy . But I still had good meals before 5 pm and I would sleep by 10 pm. I was doing this diet only for 5 days and on weekends I would have 3 meals even after 5 pm and late nite dinners. First week i lost 5 pounds and in 6 months my weight came down to 169 lb. After I was doing this on and off and after married i stop doing it cuzz I would go out more and eat late dinners. Then last year my weight came up to 185 and I started to get worry. So I came up with a new idea of dieting. I would eat only 3 meals and nothing between the meals. Example : morning just mcdonald oat meal with hash brown and small coffee , lunch: subway Multigrain flat bread with veggie and tosted together with no cheese, then at dinner around 8 pm i would add onions, green peper, tomatoes and red beans in a pan without oil . Have them cook for 10 to 15 min with lid on so it will be cooked with the steam. Every day I add different stuff like broccoli, black beans or mushrooms. So by doing this now my weight is 171 lb.
    The first diet I did so that I can drop the weight fast and then maintain it. On weekends I cheat ..I go out and have late dinners and enjoy. So my point is just eat very healthy from Monday to Friday and on weekends just enjoy the food. But don't go over board. I hope this diet works out for u guys. I don't have a set goal that I need to be a certain weight since my weight is on healthy Balance I just maintain my weight . So guys loose weight , feel great and enjoy life .
  • brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    Options
    Start wherever you'd like ... it doesn't change any of the facts that counter your assertions.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    Go vegan!

giphy.gif

But seriously. Vegan isn't supposed to be some weight loss fad diet and someone mentioned, there are overweight/obese vegans too.
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    Go vegan!

Why? I have no qualms with killing animals and eating their flesh.

Bacon is so tasty.

Wait ... I like white wines ... Am I doomed?!?!

Yes! I will throw myself on the sword for you and drink all the white wines, so that you may enjoy your life. You are welcome :smile:
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Guys I'll start from beginning. While back about 3 years ago I was about 199 pound and suddenly I wanted to drop my weight so I had this idea not to eat after 4 or 5 pm. If I had felt hungry I would just had a banana. Trust me guys it was not easy . But I still had good meals before 5 pm and I would sleep by 10 pm. I was doing this diet only for 5 days and on weekends I would have 3 meals even after 5 pm and late nite dinners. First week i lost 5 pounds...

Predictable. Many people lose a lot of weight in the first week due to water fluctuations. It had nothing to do with not eating after any particular hour. Nothing special there.

...and in 6 months my weight came down to 169 lb....

So you lost 30 lbs. in 24 weeks. Plenty of people have done that without worrying about meal timing or not eating after a certain hour (which have absolutely nothing to do with weight loss). Nothing special there.

After I was doing this on and off and after married i stop doing it cuzz I would go out more and eat late dinners. Then last year my weight came up to 185 and I started to get worry.

Predictable. You stopped eating at a deficit and gained weight. Nothing special there.

So I came up with a new idea of dieting. I would eat only 3 meals and nothing between the meals. Example : morning just mcdonald oat meal with hash brown and small coffee , lunch: subway Multigrain flat bread with veggie and tosted together with no cheese, then at dinner around 8 pm i would add onions, green peper, tomatoes and red beans in a pan without oil . Have them cook for 10 to 15 min with lid on so it will be cooked with the steam. Every day I add different stuff like broccoli, black beans or mushrooms. So by doing this now my weight is 171 lb.

So you established a caloric deficit and lost weight again. Predictable. Nothing special there, and it had nothing to do with how often you ate, or not eating after a particular time. And now you say you were eating dinner at 8 pm, which is beyond the 4:00 or 5:00 you originally stated, yet you were still losing weight? Does that tell you anything about the validity of not eating after a certain hour?

So my point is just eat very healthy from Monday to Friday and on weekends just enjoy the food. But don't go over board. I hope this diet works out for u guys. I don't have a set goal that I need to be a certain weight since my weight is on healthy Balance I just maintain my weight . So guys loose weight , feel great and enjoy life .

Firstly, that wasn't at all the original point you made. Secondly, you can eat "healthy" all week and still be in a caloric surplus and gain weight. If I "just enjoyed the foods" every weekend, I could easily wipe out the entire week's deficit in two days, and get absolutely nowhere as far as weight loss.

To lose weight, you just need to eat less than you're expending. There's no magic to it. No special foods to eat, no time schedules for your meals, no cut-off hours for eating. If you take in 1500 calories and burn 2000 calories, you lose weight; if you take in 2500 calories and burn 2000 calories, you gain weight. It doesn't matter how many meals it took or when you ate it. People make weight loss a lot more complicated than it needs to be.
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options
    AnvilHead wrote: »
    Guys I'll start from beginning. While back about 3 years ago I was about 199 pound and suddenly I wanted to drop my weight so I had this idea not to eat after 4 or 5 pm. If I had felt hungry I would just had a banana. Trust me guys it was not easy . But I still had good meals before 5 pm and I would sleep by 10 pm. I was doing this diet only for 5 days and on weekends I would have 3 meals even after 5 pm and late nite dinners. First week i lost 5 pounds...

Predictable. Many people lose a lot of weight in the first week due to water fluctuations. It had nothing to do with not eating after any particular hour. Nothing special there.

So you lost 30 lbs. in 24 weeks. Plenty of people have done that without worrying about meal timing or not eating after a certain hour (which have absolutely nothing to do with weight loss). Nothing special there.

After I was doing this on and off and after married i stop doing it cuzz I would go out more and eat late dinners. Then last year my weight came up to 185 and I started to get worry.

Predictable. You stopped eating at a deficit and gained weight. Nothing special there.

So I came up with a new idea of dieting. I would eat only 3 meals and nothing between the meals. Example : morning just mcdonald oat meal with hash brown and small coffee , lunch: subway Multigrain flat bread with veggie and tosted together with no cheese, then at dinner around 8 pm i would add onions, green peper, tomatoes and red beans in a pan without oil . Have them cook for 10 to 15 min with lid on so it will be cooked with the steam. Every day I add different stuff like broccoli, black beans or mushrooms. So by doing this now my weight is 171 lb.

So you established a caloric deficit and lost weight again. Predictable. Nothing special there, and it had nothing to do with how often you ate, or not eating after a particular time. And now you say you were eating dinner at 8 pm, which is beyond the 4:00 or 5:00 you originally stated, yet you were still losing weight? Does that tell you anything about the validity of not eating after a certain hour?

So my point is just eat very healthy from Monday to Friday and on weekends just enjoy the food. But don't go over board. I hope this diet works out for u guys. I don't have a set goal that I need to be a certain weight since my weight is on healthy Balance I just maintain my weight . So guys loose weight , feel great and enjoy life .

Firstly, that wasn't at all the original point you made. Secondly, you can eat "healthy" all week and still be in a caloric surplus and gain weight. If I "just enjoyed the foods" every weekend, I could easily wipe out the entire week's deficit in two days, and get absolutely nowhere as far as weight loss.

To lose weight, you just need to eat less than you're expending. There's no magic to it. No special foods to eat, no time schedules for your meals, no cut-off hours for eating. If you take in 1500 calories and burn 2000 calories, you lose weight; if you take in 2500 calories and burn 2000 calories, you gain weight. It doesn't matter how many meals it took or when you ate it. People make weight loss a lot more complicated than it needs to be.

You. I like you.
  • AllThingsNele
    AllThingsNele Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    She never said she didn't eat at all Or deprived herself of calories. She said she eats all meal types before 4 pm meaning she eats all her meals before 4 p.m. then have only fruit and veggies after that time. I think she posted this thinking people had common sense. If you are on a 2000 calorie diet have all your heavy meals bY 4 p.m. after that point have your fruit and veggies. Most people here are trying to be healthy so it's kind of assume your going to eat sensibly for the main calorie load. Thanks for the tip. Sorry you were attacked with such negativity . I thought this was supposed to be a positive place. I know to never share anything in the community here.
  • AllThingsNele
    AllThingsNele Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    So you can eat a 600 cal breakfast a 200-300 calories snack a 600-800 cal lunch a 200-300 call snack dinner after 4 could be steam veggies or large salaD veggies only with a low fat dressing and snack would be fresh fruit... hhhmmmmm I'm going to give this a try. Thanks a bunch.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options

All the while reading your reply, I was smiling and shaking my head. I like you!
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    SLLRunner wrote: »

All the while reading your reply, I was smiling and shaking my head. I like you!

me too!!
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    So you can eat a 600 cal breakfast a 200-300 calories snack a 600-800 cal lunch a 200-300 call snack dinner after 4 could be steam veggies or large salaD veggies only with a low fat dressing and snack would be fresh fruit... hhhmmmmm I'm going to give this a try. Thanks a bunch.

You absolutely can. People are just trying to point out that it is not necessary and in some situations it's not appropriate. When I work evening shift or night shift, this would never work for me. People fail in losing weight because they decide that they must follow all these rules and forget about what will sustain them in the long run. They "slip up" and eat something "bad" and then kick themselves for days, or go off the rails completely.

I just ate over 300 cal in Haagen Dazs and will be going to bed soon. I have the utmost confidence that my weight will be lower as the week wears on, because I have had a beautifully balanced day, and so has the rest of my week. The need to have rules that must be strictly followed, in my opinion, causes people to feel very hopeless when they find that they are unable to stick to these rules all the time.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options

Of course you can structure your eating this way, or any way you want that works for you. OP didn't invent a radical plan that will revolutionize the diet world (although I've seen less detailed plans sell books so who knows!). OP found a method to create a calorie deficit that works for them. Others pointing out that it's not about meal timing, only eating fruits and steamed vegetables after a certain time, or eliminating white foods that caused the weight loss are not being negative. It was just a calorie deficit, and in subsequent posts when the OP detailed what happened when they no longer followed the plan (weight gain) just demonstrates at that point they were no longer in a calorie deficit.

The fact that OP keeps referring to this as a diet plan, and that people like you say you want to give this a try, tells me that you are looking at this as a temporary means to achieve an end goal. That's not a sustainable change, as OPs subsequent posts demonstrated. What happens when you want to go out to dinner with friends? Others are saying that by avoiding arbitrary rules, meal timing and food restrictions and just eating a balanced diet with an appropriate calorie deficit, still enjoying the foods you love in moderation, that you can use that approach to lose the weight and continue it forever.
  • MOMMILLICIOUS10
    MOMMILLICIOUS10 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Guys calm down I was 200 pounds 2 years ago and I didn't eat high calories diet after 4 pm. Trust me just eat fruits or steam vegetables without oil. And u will see the weight-loss and keep maintain the diet. Don't eat after 4 pm.

Yep that worked for me as well and doing that actually helped me lose weight and keep it off. I'm in the process of going right back to that right as I'm reading all of this. It's the only thing that worked for my body.
  • DaddieCat
    DaddieCat Posts: 3,643 Member
    Options
    PikaKnight wrote: »
    Go vegan!

giphy.gif

But seriously. Vegan isn't supposed to be some weight loss fad diet and someone mentioned, there are overweight/obese vegans too.

I'm stealing this gif and reiterating... don't go vegan for weightloss... it's not magic... it's not a quick fix. Veganism is a lifestyle choice made for ethical reasons.

Plant based diets are fine for whatever purpose you choose them for as long as you educate yourself for them... otherwise, eat what you want, what you enjoy, and what works for you. What works for one person will not work for all and vegans can be just as overweight as anyone else if they eat more calories than they burn. I was evidence of that for a long time.
  • Therealobi1
    Therealobi1 Posts: 3,262 Member
    Options
    Guys my point is to not eat after 4 or 5 pm. Have a heavy breakfast and lunch but don't have anything heavy after 5 pm. Just have some fruits and that's all. Enjoy ur weight loss. No diet plan stays in action forever u have to change the things in ur diet every few months. Enjoy ur weight loss. Love live long life.

Wait...is it 4 or 5? I was all set for a 4pm cutoff but now I'm super confused. Also, I boiled my red beans. Will that make me lose more or less than 5 pounds. I've also prepped 200g of cashews and 250g of mango for my 6pm snack. More nuts? Less? I'm really struggling here.

Ok, now I am REALLY confused. First, he said after 4pm to have small meals with steamed beans, onion, green pepper, tomato, but then he says to only eat fruits after 4 or 5pm...?

I think I am doing this all wrong. :(

I DON'T HAVE ANY PEPPERS!!!!! I'M DOOMED!!!!!

Red onion or white?

DON'T EAT ANYTHING WHITE!!! He cut out white food too. If you eat a white thing you'll gain back 5lbs instantly.

lol its so funny but really these are the things that put people off of even trying.
    i am just wondering how the body knows when something white is entering my body.
    also does it matter how many calories i am eating as long as i stuff it in before 4pm.
  • MommyL2015
    MommyL2015 Posts: 1,411 Member
    Options
    This thread is funny. I eat probably 80% of my daily calories after 5:00. And I can assure you they are not all vegetables.