Your favourite "weird" or uncommon lift?

Options
13»

Replies

• yusaku02
    yusaku02 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Options
    Eileen_S wrote: »
    I love doing the Skull Crusher lift.
    skull crushers are pretty common.

jacklifts wrote: »
    i like to fireman carry random cardio bunnies into the lifting area. The post-carry face-slap action really helps my 1RM
    I'm going to have to try this sometime :D
  • ltworide
    ltworide Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Jefferson deadlifts, zercher squats/split squats, Turkish deadlifts, kettlebell bottoms up exercises ex. Snatches, various ladder/cone/bosu exercises (no one seems to use ladders/cones except the trainers & me), 1 arm barbell chest press on the swiss ball, 1 leg swiss ball pike to scorpion pushup, cable push/pull, rotational kettlebell swing..... Many of the exercises I do are outside the box....
  • alexkido25
    alexkido25 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I have a garage gym and its full of strongman equipment.
    Alexkido25 on insta to check it out, maybe you could bounce some ideas off me
  • HugeBum
    HugeBum Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I sometimes get odd looks doing weighted barbell thrusts, only ever seen one other person do them in the gym. I love them though, they're my favourite lift.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    The weirdest thing I do are ghetto glute raises or natural hammy raises- natural glute raises- whatever- no one does those. and supported over head extensions (arnold was big on them) they are one of my favs- only like 1-2 other people do them.

I just had to look up dimel- was un aware of those- I might need to do those. me likey.

I got to a pretty big meat head gym- and some of them do some really odd things- so barbel thrusts aren't that out there- which is nice.
    No one would really bat an eye at oly lifts as we have a whole room set up with bumper plates- and any sort of real HIIT Kettle bell work might get peoples attention- but again- not really "weird"

I am pretty standard- I don't try to make it harder than it needs to be-
  • Muscleflex79
    Muscleflex79 Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    deficit deadlifts....not really weird, but never see anyone else doing them!
  • Muscleflex79
    Muscleflex79 Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    thanks to whoever suggested Dimel deadlifts - had never heard of them before, but looked them up and tried them today and loved them!