I don't know what to think.

Options
124»

Replies

• gotogirl81
    gotogirl81 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    I think you need to block out negativity and stop making excuses. You control your life.

she know's what's up.

also try walking outside every chance you get, do you have a ipod/mp3 player. walking and music is therapeutic and burns calories for those little ice cream treats you enjoy. :smile:
  • CorvusCorax77
    CorvusCorax77 Posts: 2,536 Member
    Options

A couple are people on my friends list, most are random thread commenters. I have no idea why I care and quite frankly I wish I didn't by my depression and anxiety make me care and agree. Then I end up putting myself down which eventually leads to me giving up.

ignore everything I have said up until this point if you must only take two things from me let it be:

(1) NEVER EVER EVER EVER GIVE UP

and

(2) when ever you fell down, pick yourself back up and say "GET BACK IN THAT SADDLE COWGIRL!"
  • SillaWinchester
    SillaWinchester Posts: 363 Member
    Options

A couple are people on my friends list, most are random thread commenters. I have no idea why I care and quite frankly I wish I didn't by my depression and anxiety make me care and agree. Then I end up putting myself down which eventually leads to me giving up.

ignore everything I have said up until this point if you must only take two things from me let it be:

and

(2) when ever you fell down, pick yourself back up and say "GET BACK IN THAT SADDLE COWGIRL!"

:bigsmile: Thank you very much for that! I'm going to have to put that quote in my description so I won't forget!! :)
  • CorvusCorax77
    CorvusCorax77 Posts: 2,536 Member
    Options
    ..... And why are they still on your FL? Don't sound like friends to me.

Be a little more discriminating in who you allow on your FL.

I am super discriminating and that is why you, Johnny, are on my FL. You win at life!
  • Mother_Superior
    Mother_Superior Posts: 1,624 Member
    Options

and

Absolutely this! And to piggy-back on what Jonnythan said, absolutely remove those people from your friend list. Any etiquette that requires you to keep negative, unsupportive people close to you is a terrible etiquette to follow.
  • SillaWinchester
    SillaWinchester Posts: 363 Member
    Options

and

Absolutely this! And to piggy-back on what Jonnythan said, absolutely remove those people from your friend list. Any etiquette that requires you to keep negative, unsupportive people close to you is a terrible etiquette to follow.

Agreed! I'm cleaning out my friends list now!!
  • alisaprince1
    Options

and

I suddenly LOVE you:D lol.... Very encouraging!
  • Sjenny5891
    Sjenny5891 Posts: 717 Member
    Options

Good point! I was thinking of deleting some but I wasn't sure if that's the "proper" thing to do on MFP.

Thank you!

Real friends support each other. If it was a random comment, I would let it slide. If they are repeatedly mean, I would remove them.

You can do this!
  • Candi_land
    Candi_land Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    Not everyone has the resources available to them. I sure don't. I'm a full time caregiver for my terminally sick grandmother, and a full time nursing student. I currently don't have a steady income, survive off of credit cards and a series of side odd jobs and a very small monthly check, and am able to afford food after bills mostly thanks to government funded food stamps. Also, being that my grandmother is terminally ill she is very thin so the food I do keep in the house is mostly highly caloric and full of fat to keep her calorie intake up.

My point is, I make do with what I have. As long as you're eating at a deficit you should lose weight, and it couldn't hurt to ask your family to buy you a bag of salad every now and then, I'm sure they'll be willing to accommodate you in some way.

Going for walks outside for exercise and learning portion control is completely free.

Good luck!
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options

I am super discriminating and that is why you, Johnny, are on my FL. You win at life!

Awwwww :blushing:
  • shutupandlift13
    shutupandlift13 Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    A valuable lesson in life is learning to distinguish constructive criticism from negative comments.

You've received valuable CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM in this thread and you will see great success if you take it to heart, follow through with what is suggested and keep a positive attitude about it.
  • danasings
    danasings Posts: 8,218 Member
    Options
    I mean... really...when people say it is better to run outside than to run a treadmill they aren't saying "you are such a loser working out inside on a treadmill! Waste of time!"

I mean. Geez. You even HAVE a stationary bike and an elliptical in your house. That's more than I could afford when I was losing my weight.

I am just having a #firstworldproblems moment.

The person who told me to run outside instead of in said I need to get my act together and stop being lazy. Close enough.

I got the stationary bike and elliptical from my neighbor who has bad hips and can't use them.

well, that person was a douche. It is true that running outside is harder/different than running on an elliptical, but exercise is exercise. Nothing lazy about that.

And then, now that you are saying you do exercise and you do eat healthy, I don't understand the problem. It sounds like you are doing everything right...

so who the hell is telling you you aren't? And why are you letting it get you down?

You are eating healthy and working out. You are doing all you need to do. The little details aren't so important.

I don't want to say names because that just sounds like a rude thing to do, but the person who said that was a hard core gym member and protein shake drinker so I get how they like their methods better, but the person just had to make some comments on my workout ethics.

Anyways, all in all, thank you for seeing the bigger picture in what I was saying. I guess that persons comments just hurt me because he made me feel like I wasn't doing good enough even though I am doing the best I can in this point in time.

That is too bad, and that guy is a complete douche. But not everyone on your thread is saying bullying remarks. You are getting a lot of sound advice, especially from others that have "been there," or at least have been in similar situations.

Do the best you can...that is all that you can ask of yourself. At the end of the day, the only one you have to answer to is yourself. If you don't like your life or things about yourself, you are the only one that can change that. I am not saying that to be bullying, it's just the truth. There are many wonderful, supportive people here on MFP. Find yourself a core support group, and you will do fine. Best of luck.