Young Living Essential Oils / NingXia Red

Options
2»

Replies

• EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    And speaking of stem cell research in Ecuador
    On January 8 of this year, 60 Minutes aired a report on another stem cell fraud scheme, this time centered on physician Dan Ecklund, who lives in Alabama but is listed as the lab director and president of Ecuador-based Stem Tech Labs. Stem Tech's website claims it can treat more than 70 diseases using stem cells at a price beginning at $US 2,500. The site also encourages donations to Stem Tech, which it says will be used for its research and production operations.

In this 60 Minutes report, Ecklund, whose medical license was revoked in 2005, told the family of a child suffering from cerebral palsy that he could treat their son with a series of four stem cell injections at a cost of $US 20,000 after examining him via teleconference. What he didn't know was that the family was part of the 60 Minutes investigation. Ecklund agreed to meet the family at a Florida hotel and administer the treatments there, according to the 60 Minutes report. (Ecklund disputes this.) When Ecklund showed up, the family left and a 60 Minutes reporter walked in. Ecklund left the interview after only a few questions.

The show also purchased stem cells over the Internet from Stem Tech, ordering from the company's website. Joanne Kurtzberg, M.D., a renowned expert in umbilical cord blood transplantation, chief scientific officer of stem cell research at Duke University and a STEM CELLS editorial board member, tested the cells and found they were disintegrating and unsafe to use.

I hope your products from Ecuador are nothing like these stem cell products - I'm sure you are medically licensed, FDA approved to treat whatever ailment you are promoting such as tumor treament. No fraud there. No sir.

I you want to promote science and innovation by association of country source, I'm sure you don't mind fraud by association.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,015 Member
    Options
    Evgeni, uh, oops.

"But, she said she was 18"

:laugh: :noway:
  • FredDoyle
    FredDoyle Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    Wow! Essential snake oils.
    Slimiest product I've seen on here yet.
  • missshyeviolett
    missshyeviolett Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    Anyone use or ever use any of these products? I'm curious as to your results. I tried a sample of NingXia Red (an all natural "health" drink) over the weekend and had great results, but wondering how long-lived those results will be. Especially for the cost.

I'm still curious what "results' OP got from a sample drink.....
  • calebeaton
    Options
    I hope your products from Ecuador are nothing like these stem cell products - I'm sure you are medically licensed, FDA approved to treat whatever ailment you are promoting such as tumor treament. No fraud there. No sir.

I you want to promote science and innovation by association of country source, I'm sure you don't mind fraud by association.

I never mentioned products from Ecuador.
    And I made no attempt to support a cancer-cure claim.
    I just provided additional data for long-timer Mouse_Potato who included this line in the third post on this thread...
    "The woman even tried to tell me essential oils injected in to a tumor would cure cancer. The whole thing gave me the creeps!"

Yes, that particular woman would have given me the creeps too.
    Yes, an essential oil has been injected into a tumor.
    Yes, a clinic in Ecuador provides IV injections.
    How un/successful are they? A flame war is not the place to discover answers to that.
  • calebeaton
    Options
    evileen99: Not disputing that. But that wasn't the question which had more to do with whether or not frankincense had been injected into a tumor.

On the other hand, it is well known that, while the US healthcare system is #1 in acute/emergency/traumatic care, it sucks at chronic issues. In other words, if I have a bullet wound or broken limb, get me to a US doctor pronto. But if I have cancer, arthritis, lupus, or whatever, the best answers usually lie outside the US system which is the realm of pharmaceutical companies that publish the textbooks for medical schools and have a revolving door with the FDA, DHS, etc.

And due to bureaucratic red tape, it's not uncommon for the true cutting-edge stuff to be happening outside the US, i.e., stem cell therapy--one of the world's foremost experts on stem cell therapy is in Ecuador.

I would think this would be common knowledge on a fitness site (not the realm of mainstream medical institutions), especially under the "Food and Nutrition" topic (also not the realm of mainstream medical institutions). Your rants in favor of double-blind studies and such would fit better on a forum dedicated to something like patented drugs that are precisely-manufactured with a handful isolated, synthetic (dead) ingredients rather than on a fitness forum where solutions can vary as widely as individuals and the compounds in an orange can number in the hundreds and vary with the season...or time of day.

lol. in for the new way of promoting oils by calling medical products full of "synthetic dead" ingredients.

The oils are alive! yikes!

Reminder to everyone else:
    EvgeniZyntx used the phrase "oils are alive."
    I simply contrasted pharmaceuticals to an orange.
    Yes, I feel justified in thinking that one has dead/inert ingredients while the other is packed with living enzymes.
  • calebeaton
    Options
    While I do love Essential Oils, I don't use either of these products. After much research regarding the differences in oil grades I actually didn't find either of these on any of the top 10 lists of CPTG grade oils.

I suggest you do more research on CPTG which is just a marketing term created out of the blue by a specific MLM. If the company misleads about this, what else will they mislead about? I prefer buying oils from a company that has its own farms and distilleries all over the world rather than from one that was setup strictly as a marketing machine for third-party oils.
  • calebeaton
    Options
    Can you please point me to some verification of the claims that "Thieves Oil" was so named for it's miraculous defense against the plague? The saleswoman could not even tell me in which country or century this occurred. I'm surprised that history would have buried such an amazing story. Thanks.

Mouse_Potato: I pointed you to the best source I'm aware of. Did you see it before it was removed? It seems counterproductive, but I could try to copy&paste the info. Unfortunately, scans from books written in the 1800s wouldn't show.

Just to be clear...I don't agree with the claims as stated nor would the creators of the trademarked product. The stated claims distort the real history and the actual research.
  • EvgeniZyntx
    Options
    evileen99: Not disputing that. But that wasn't the question which had more to do with whether or not frankincense had been injected into a tumor.

On the other hand, it is well known that, while the US healthcare system is #1 in acute/emergency/traumatic care, it sucks at chronic issues. In other words, if I have a bullet wound or broken limb, get me to a US doctor pronto. But if I have cancer, arthritis, lupus, or whatever, the best answers usually lie outside the US system which is the realm of pharmaceutical companies that publish the textbooks for medical schools and have a revolving door with the FDA, DHS, etc.

And due to bureaucratic red tape, it's not uncommon for the true cutting-edge stuff to be happening outside the US, i.e., stem cell therapy--one of the world's foremost experts on stem cell therapy is in Ecuador.

I would think this would be common knowledge on a fitness site (not the realm of mainstream medical institutions), especially under the "Food and Nutrition" topic (also not the realm of mainstream medical institutions). Your rants in favor of double-blind studies and such would fit better on a forum dedicated to something like patented drugs that are precisely-manufactured with a handful isolated, synthetic (dead) ingredients rather than on a fitness forum where solutions can vary as widely as individuals and the compounds in an orange can number in the hundreds and vary with the season...or time of day.

lol. in for the new way of promoting oils by calling medical products full of "synthetic dead" ingredients.

Yes, I feel justified in thinking that one has dead/inert ingredients while the other is packed with living enzymes.

Enzymes are not living. Nor are pharmaceutical ingredients inert.
    You brought Ecuadorian stem cell research to the thread - mostly doubtful, illegal and certainly not a cure to cancer.

The whole "living enzyme" is a marketing dog whistle.
  • cmriverside
    Options
    Can you please point me to some verification of the claims that "Thieves Oil" was so named for it's miraculous defense against the plague? The saleswoman could not even tell me in which country or century this occurred. I'm surprised that history would have buried such an amazing story. Thanks.

Mouse_Potato: I pointed you to the best source I'm aware of. Did you see it before it was removed? It seems counterproductive, but I could try to copy&paste the info. Unfortunately, scans from books written in the 1800s wouldn't show.

Just to be clear...I don't agree with the claims as stated nor would the creators of the trademarked product. The stated claims distort the real history and the actual research.

I don't know why you keep talking to "Mouse_Potato". She isn't interested in your spiel. She stated that she wouldn't buy the stuff, and left.

Your links were removed because it is against this site's rules to post them.

No one is interested in your claims.

• calebeaton
    Options

You brought Ecuadorian stem cell research to the thread - mostly doubtful, illegal and certainly not a cure to cancer.

OK. True.
    Raw milk = live enzymes.
    Pasteurized milk = dead enzymes.
    Orange = ?
    Pharmaceuticals = ?
  • calebeaton
    Options

I don't know why you keep talking to "Mouse_Potato". She isn't interested in your spiel. She stated that she wouldn't buy the stuff, and left.

Your links were removed because it is against this site's rules to post them.

No one is interested in your claims.

And none of your knee-jerk reactions attempted to answer amykluver's original question.
  • EvgeniZyntx
    Options

OK. True.
    Raw milk = live enzymes.
    Orange = ?
    Pharmaceuticals = ?

Enzymes are never alive - they are proteins that speed up chemical reactions and are highly dependent on the environment.
    Most enzymes are not destroyed by pasteurization, but by the acids in the stomach.

An orange seed is certainly alive. However, if you swallow it, it does not grow. Why? Because your digestive system pretty much destroys the seed or it gets pooped out. What is your point. Many seeds are used to manufacture pharmaceuticals - for example colchicine comes from a plant seed and is used to treat gout. It certainly is not alive.

Pharmaceuticals are all non-inert. If they were inert they would not work and react with the body. Some pharmaceutical use enzymes, others are derived from living cell culture and very few are actually alive (ie. attenuated vaccines).

Now, I'm not a world class expert like you but these are pretty basic things that my 16 year old daughter learned in high school.

Aside from the need of a basic bio class, what is your point?
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options

OK. True.
    Raw milk = live enzymes.
    Orange = ?
    Pharmaceuticals = ?

Enzymes are not living things. They are a component of many organisms but are not organisms themselves. Just like you won't find live rhizomes, live peptides or live cytoplasm.

The word you are looking for is active.
  • amykluver
    amykluver Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Anyone use or ever use any of these products? I'm curious as to your results. I tried a sample of NingXia Red (an all natural "health" drink) over the weekend and had great results, but wondering how long-lived those results will be. Especially for the cost.

I'm curious, Amykluver, would you please describe the results you experienced? Thanks in advance.

Well thank you for asking and getting the thread back on the original topic - since it was majorly derailed (If you don't like the idea of it but have never actually tried it - I wasn't asking for your opinion).

I felt great energy, not jittery like a strong coffee makes me, but alert and ready to take on tasks around the house. I actually stayed up past the rest of the family and got some things done, but when it came time to go to bed, I was able to lay down and fall asleep within 5 minutes (unlike if I were "wound up" on caffeine). This was very similar to my friend's husband's claims when he uses it. :drinker:

But now 2 weeks in - I find my needs changing with my dysautonomia acting up. Some days I need 2oz, and today 3oz didn't cut it. I could have taken a nap at work and found myself eating to stay awake. :frown:
  • cmriverside
    Options

I'm curious, Amykluver, would you please describe the results you experienced? Thanks in advance.

Well thank you for asking and getting the thread back on the original topic - since it was majorly derailed (If you don't like the idea of it but have never actually tried it - I wasn't asking for your opinion).

I felt great energy, not jittery like a strong coffee makes me, but alert and ready to take on tasks around the house. I actually stayed up past the rest of the family and got some things done, but when it came time to go to bed, I was able to lay down and fall asleep within 5 minutes (unlike if I were "wound up" on caffeine). This was very similar to my friend's husband's claims when he uses it. :drinker:

But now 2 weeks in - I find my needs changing with my dysautonomia acting up. Some days I need 2oz, and today 3oz didn't cut it. I could have taken a nap at work and found myself eating to stay awake. :frown:

So..recap. Buys expensive snake oil. Can only find a couple people to validate her - one of whom wants to sell her more. Everyone else is saying don't do it.

Takes it for a couple weeks, gets initial buzz but now it isn't working so well.

But, hey only $30 to be back where you started - now taking some weird supplement that doesn't work. Sounds legit.

You aren't going to convince people not to post in your thread unless they have only rainbows for you, sorry. Internet forums don't work that way.
  • EvgeniZyntx
    Options

Whether you were asking for an opinion of those that disagree with you is moot. The board serves a general clearinghouse of information and there are literally thousands of people reading each thread - if poor information is not challenged then it gets passed on and is used as some sort of essential "truth".

I personally have no issue with anyone trying essential oils or an other treatment options - however, I will come here and post when the basics of biology are trampled on and point out those issues. I will especially point out issues of people trying to promote and sell things on here using poor science.

I am NOT telling you to NOT try essential oil - I am suggesting that people be critical of perceived effects - you stated that you got "great results" - I'm curious as to the CAUSE of those great results - positive thinking and wanting them is often sufficient but consistent testing has shown you that it possibly wasn't the solution or a adjustment occured. Be skeptical in your search of solution - people will try to sell anything. Case in point the conversation above and the cancer claims.

As to your dysautonomia - if you dont mind me asking, have you investigated the cause? It is often difficult to determine but from what I understand it is a syndrome that is also very often associated or caused by something else.