Replies

• jlapey
    jlapey Posts: 1,850 Member
    Options
    gourmet-sht.gif
  • Hrl1993
    Hrl1993 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Most of the brands sold at Costco are really good. Both the Kirkland Colombian and the Magnum Exotics Jamaica Blue Mountain Blend are both good choices. Local definitely has its perks, but the convenience of Costco makes it worth it for me.

Agree on grinding it yourself. Makes a world of difference, and I'm not even a coffee snob lol. I will say, however, that I cannot stand Dunkin' Donuts beans/ground coffee! Yuck.
  • garber6th
    garber6th Posts: 1,894 Member
    Options
    This, hands down:

http://www.wingskonacoffee.com/

I had some coworkers that were working in Hawaii and they would send me a couple of bags of this every few months. It's expensive but if you want to treat yourself, try this. It's ridiculous. As in ridiculously good. Sometimes they have it at Whole Foods but I prefer to buy it straight from the company. I want some right now.
  • Hrl1993
    Hrl1993 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Oh, and Counter Culture coffee is great, too. It's what they serve almost everywhere on my college's campus. They had a blend with peach notes that was great! I don't know that they have it anymore, but all their coffees are great.
  • BaconMD
    BaconMD Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    I roast my own. There is simply no comparison for store-bought stuff.

My favorite origins being Guatemalan, roasted light, and Brazil Santos, also roasted light.

Though I do also really like Kicking Horse's Peruvian, which is another light roast.
  • Barbsunshine
    Barbsunshine Posts: 398
    Options
    This is the very best I've ever had. They're local to WV but ship fresh roasted beans anywhere!

http://www.blackdogcoffee.net/

Its been a while since I've ordered from Black Dog. The coffee is great, I particularly enjoy the Ethiopian Harrar and Guatemala Huehuetenango.

On a side note, I can't choke down coffee with cream and sugar. If I can't have it black, I don't drink it.

I used to live close to the owner of Black Dog and he would deliver it to my door. Now I'm a couple of hours away so I need to mail order. He now has a retail store open in Kearneysville that serves fresh brewed coffee, sandwiches, bakery items made by local folks, etc.

I must try this coffee! I am not too far away in Charles Town.

Oh yes...definitely visit them! Very nice folks :)