Your #1 tip to others..

Options
ChristinePearlFNP
ChristinePearlFNP Posts: 72 Member
edited November 2015 in Health and Weight Loss
if you could give ONE tip to others besides the absolutely #1 rule of weighing and measuring everything that you take in...what would it be that has helped you most?
The one I have is for candy bar lovers...I got baking chips in different kinds of sweets like chocolate chips and butterfinger...then I measured them into little plastic condiment cups and froze them. I take one in my lunch every day. It helps feel like you're having more than you are because it's in small pieces so you have the "hand to mouth" action more times than a mini candy bar that's gone in a bite And The minis are for more calories. It has helped me stay clear of other sweets because it's so satisfying!

Replies

• FiiiiFiiiFlowerTot
    FiiiiFiiiFlowerTot Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    When you feel hungry, DRINK!

Just drink water until you cant drink no more!
  • Maxematics
    Maxematics Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    I was going to come in here and say food scale until I read the post. LOL. Anyway, something that helps me a lot is to prelog/plan. When I plan my meals out ahead of time, there is less room for error, overeating, or straight up binging. I know what I'm having and when I'm having it and I prep my meals/snacks beforehand. It makes everything so much easier than just winging it. It works for me anyway.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,973 Member
    Options
    My # 1 food tip is finding the way of eating that fills you up and is enjoyable, yet helps you maintain a calorie deficit. For me, it's eating more protein in relationship to carbs. I changed my macros to 40% Carbs 30 % Fat and 30% Protein. Striving for this at each meal except my bed time snack works very well for me.

My # 1 exercise tip is find something you enjoy and do it.
  • Maribullah
    Maribullah Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    The above are great ideas! One that helps me is thinking of food as fuel... Not a social occasion, reward, comfort, etc. Just fuel.
  • sarab920
    sarab920 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    My #1 tip for weight loss is, do not compare!!! It'll drive you nuts
  • lizzocat
    lizzocat Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Don't try to be perfect. When I made this a lifestyle change, where I could still drink and eat pizza every now and then on weekends, it finally worked. When I used to be super strict to the point if I 'messed up' i'd quit, it didn't.
  • strong_curves
    strong_curves Posts: 2,229 Member
    Options
    Realistic expectations/patience.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Don't quit.
  • jacklifts
    jacklifts Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    Diet - time can erase most mistakes
    Exercise - train for performance
  • YalithKBK
    YalithKBK Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    It's a marathon, not a sprint. You won't lose weight every day/week and it takes time. Look at the last month of weigh ins, not the last few days.
  • tracie_minus100
    tracie_minus100 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Have realistic expectations, and never give up.
  • CanuckLove
    CanuckLove Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    Forgive yourself if you F up and keep going, don't start on Monday just pick up where you left off.
  • jrline
    jrline Posts: 2,353 Member
    Options
    don't deprive yourself of foods you love just eat them in moderation.
  • desiresdestiny
    desiresdestiny Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    You will have bad days, everyone slips up
  • MondayJune22nd2015
    MondayJune22nd2015 Posts: 876 Member
    Options
    I always ask myself before I consume something, that I want; rather than need: Am I hungry for the taste or the quantity? It's usually just for the taste, so I "sample" it (2 bites worth) & then give the remainder of it away.
  • wonko221
    wonko221 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    If you had started when you first realized you should have, you'd be done!
  • VisofSer
    VisofSer Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Plan for a re-feed meal where you eat what you crave. Have the meal with joy and abandon, and then carry on eating willfully and in line with your plans.
  • stealthq
    stealthq Posts: 4,298 Member
    Options
    Don't sweat the small stuff until you need to - i.e. don't major in the minors. It's exhausting :tongue:
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,592 Member
    Options
    don't be doing unnecessarily low calorie goals
  • Asher_Ethan
    Asher_Ethan Posts: 2,430 Member
    Options
    If you mess up one day, it's okay. Start the next day like you would anyother day.