Does anyone drink alcohol everyday?

Options

Replies

• sjvine
    sjvine Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm a wine blogger. So yeah, a glass or a few tastes every night.
  • FredKing1
    FredKing1 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I quit about 2 1/2 months ago. I had been drinking every day - 6-8 ounces of hard liquor. I had a habit that made weight loss nearly impossible. Some years ago, I had some success in Weight Watchers, tracking a couple of shots a day. I'm now on 1200 calories per day plus exercise - 1-2 ounces daily might not hurt, but it wouldn't help either. I've made a personal choice to avoid it altogether.
  • VykkDraygoVPR
    VykkDraygoVPR Posts: 465 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    kellellie wrote: »
    Any kind of red I have every tried in my life gives me a headache within 20 minutes of one sip of the stuff. I don't really like the taste anyway, i'll stick to whiskey. :)

Could be the sulfites.

I drink whiskey most nights. How much really depends. I'll have more if I am tasting with friends, or if I just crack open a new bottle I've never had before (just opened a Balcones Single Malt last night). I always pour an ounce at a time (to track calories). I drink it neat, with a splash of water.

Building a small collection.
    th_12186295_1060237923989046_1373959394688017195_o_zpssq5pwyez.jpg
  • elkhunter7x6
    elkhunter7x6 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I have periodically have a few drinks on the weekends. This happens two or three times a month.
  • QoLmatters
    QoLmatters Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    I have a glass (150ml) of Chardonnay with dinner everyday. Its my treat after drinking water all day long.
  • gradchica27
    gradchica27 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    Wine or beer 3-4x/week. The plus is that not being a big drinker anyway plus restricting calories & losing weight, I never need a second drink! I had a second beer last weekend at a friend's house and boy, I felt tipsy--I'm a definite lightweight in that department now :)
  • Jruzer
    Jruzer Posts: 3,501 Member
    Options
    Most nights I have some kind of beer. I'm craft beer aficionado so I get mixed 6-packs from my local bottle shop, usually latest or limited releases. I enjoy thoroughly and check them in to Untappd.

We're coming up on doppelbock and imperial stout season. Making room in the calorie budget was easier in the summer when I was drinking gose, hefeweizen, and saison.
  • Therealobi1
    Therealobi1 Posts: 3,262 Member
    Options
    no. only drink on holiday.
  • debrag12
    debrag12 Posts: 1,071 Member
    Options
    I don't drink every night maybe once or twice a week. When I do it's a few pints of ale, rarely drink wine and then it's only white.
  • VykkDraygoVPR
    VykkDraygoVPR Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Jruzer wrote: »
    Most nights I have some kind of beer. I'm craft beer aficionado so I get mixed 6-packs from my local bottle shop, usually latest or limited releases. I enjoy thoroughly and check them in to Untappd.

We're coming up on doppelbock and imperial stout season. Making room in the calorie budget was easier in the summer when I was drinking gose, hefeweizen, and saison.

I was thinking about joining Untappd. Problem is, I have to have my allergies well under control, or beer just makes them go crazy. So I don't drink it often. That said, our local brewery (New Republic) has an AMAZING barrel aged RIS (they use the whiskey barrels from the distillery next door). Unfortunately, you can only get it at the brewery, and they are on their last barrel. Though they said they will be bottling their porter this winter, so I can look forward to that at least.

In my explorations, I've found that Texas has a lot of good IPAs and double IPAs. Karbach Hopadillo, Deep Ellum IPA, Southern Star Honesty of Reason, New Republic Whipsaw. Though I won't turn down something like Deschutes Pine Drops either.

But yeah. I prefer stouts in general. Convict Hill, and Founder's Breakfast Stout are two of my (easy to find) favorites.
  • kathakraz
    kathakraz Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I drink a beer almost every day. Actually, I'm drinking six ounces of Sea Hag with lunch right now since I have the day off and am home cleaning. I'll have more after dinner.
  • morgancs21
    morgancs21 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Wine. Lots and lots of wine. It's weird when I drink a glass or two of wine every night I will lose 2-3lbs that week. On weeks I don't drink I will maintain. I pre cook my meals once a week and eat the same meal over and over so the wine is the only thing that differs for me.
  • rs050711
    rs050711 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I drink a good amount of wine 3-4 nights a week. I used to drink wine every night and junk food with it, which is the main reason for all my weight gain. Now I factor it into my daily calories, and save up my exercise cals for it. I find I can drink less to get a buzz without all that crappy food in my stomach! :) I also try to drink it slowly and maybe dilute it JUST A LITTLE with water.

I've lost 18 pounds in a little over 2 months while drinking wine so I'm not planning on stopping unless I have to! ;)
  • JustMissTracy
    JustMissTracy Posts: 6,338 Member
    Options
    I only drink on Saturday nights and special occasions, but pretty much every Saturday night for many years now. Vodka and water, sometimes with a splash of something :p
  • Kimegatron
    Kimegatron Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    Jruzer wrote: »

Have you ever had the rauchbier from the Schlenkerla brewery? It's awesome :D
  • shadowfax_c11
    shadowfax_c11 Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    I have been having 1.5-2 oz of Buttershots or Jamaican rum cream every night recently and I sometimes go to the bar after work with co-workers. I don't necessarily have alcohol every day but I do enjoy a drink fairly regularly. Always logged of course.
  • booksandchocolate12
    booksandchocolate12 Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    I do!

Red red wine you make me feel so fine.....
  • missh1967
    missh1967 Posts: 661 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    I rarely drink because I like the sweet, calorie-laden stuff like Disarrono, Grand Marnier, Black/White Russians, etc. Plus when I drink, I overeat like crazy. Out come the tortilla chips and cheese. Lots and lots of cheese. No bueno!
  • Kimegatron
    Kimegatron Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    I do but I'm not saying how much :O
  • ARGriffy
    ARGriffy Posts: 1,002 Member
    Options
    Cider at least three times a week. Binge drink by nhs standards once a week!