Losing body fat percentage

2»

Replies

• Kst76
    Kst76 Posts: 935 Member
    I just bought a fitbit scale. I weigh 169 and Im 5'5" tall and it says my BF is 37! But when I look myself in the mirror I look more like the pictures between 30 - 35. I am in pretty good shape and I have been lifting for the last 7 months 3-4 times a week.I am not sure how the fitbit scale masure body fat and how accurate they are.
  • Kst76
    I think according to picture the 25 % looks good and easier to maintain.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    I think according to picture the 25 % looks good and easier to maintain.

25% is nice. It's personal preference. I'm not sure how your fitbit reads bf either. I'm sure it's not that accurate. You're probably a good judge by comparing yourself to the pics.
  • Kst76
    :)
  • Upstate_Dunadan
    Upstate_Dunadan Posts: 435 Member
    Bottom line answer to the question, as mentioned by a few others, is to lower your body fat % you have to 1) lose body fat or 2) add lean muscles mass, or 3) both. Body fat % (doing this fast) = fat weight/total weight x 100. So to lower it, you either need to reduce the numerator (fat), or increase the denominator (weight) without adding more fat - which means lean muscle.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 28,053 Member
    Hornsby wrote: »
    I actually compete in CrossFit. I had my body fat tested last year using the bod pod and underwater weighing and I got 10.7%. I was surprised as I don't look that lean, but the bod pod is supposed to be one of the most accurate. Also, I don't care what other think about my body. It's my body and I've worked hard for it.

Would love to see picture. To be frank, I find it hard to believe, and if you are a legit 10% would love to pick your brain on how you got there as it's pretty difficult to do so you would obviously know your stuff. What is your age/stats/routine etc?
    11z4n582c8xi.jpeg

Also for reference.

I'd like 30 %