Ridiculous weight loss thoughts...

Replies

• queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Sorry about your blister. I have had my share, and I also love the special cushioned band aids. The anesthetic, antibiotic cream helps too. I am glad you gave us a smile. It is easier to not over eat when I am smiling. Smiling burns calories, laughing too, but especially that run to the bathroom when you combine water drinking and laughing.

I like my depends. This is not an endorsement, BTW. LOL
  • ohmscheeks
    ohmscheeks Posts: 840 Member
    karyabc wrote: »
    Huh??? I Dont even.. Umm bye

Pretty much

• zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,088 Member
    queenliz99 wrote: »
    thorsmom01 wrote: »
    Was just thinking though, if you have a blister ( and your body is burning more cals because its healing it up ) would you probably end up walking around less though ?( because it would be uncomfortable to walk, run or jog a lot while you have a open blister )
    What equation did you use to figure out how many extra cals your burning ? I'm wondering if we factored in less walking-running-jogging in to it because of discomfort then would it just cancel each other out ?

Good point!

Once I had to wear these cheap uncomfortable shoes ( I was in a wedding and the bride picked out all the dresses and shoes. Some of those shoes are poor quality but marked up high cost because they come from a bridal store ) and I got a terrible blister on my heel and pinky toe. They hurt so badly I didn't go to the gym for two days . every time I wore a shoe, I wanted to yelp! Lol ! Since then, no more cheap shoes and I always carry a bandaid blister pack in my car if I'm wearing brand new shoes, just in case !
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    I should be at goal by now since I have a constant pain in my butt. :*
  • ki4eld
    ki4eld Posts: 1,215 Member
    Ridiculous thought... How many calories do I burn whipping my head around giving a WTF? look to the guy who just cut me off? Because I do that a lot in Orlando traffic.

My oldest told me that if giving side-eye burned calories, I could have eaten 10k calories a day and never gained an ounce when I had a house full of teenagers. True.
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Btw those band aids for blisters work really well. Learned it on my honeymoon in New Orleans
    'honeymoon blisters' lmao!
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    catscats222 approves this post.
  • 100df
    100df Posts: 668 Member
    My ridiculous thought:
    I read here somewhere that we burn more calories in the cold due to our body trying to stay warm.......
    but I just got a fancy new treadmill in preparation for our Canadian winter....
    .....so I wondered how crazy it would be to crank the AC while I run on the treadmill....
    I mean, I have good freaking central air.....I could make this house feel like a walk in refrigerator

I like sleeping in a cold room because I like having heavy blankets over me. My husband protests this. I always tell him that we burn more calories in the cold because we shiver until the sheets warm up.
  • tmartin19710
    tmartin19710 Posts: 41 Member
    If this was true I would be 100 lbs since I have chronic pain from Rheumatoid Autoimmune Disease. Right now I must be burning alot of calories since I am flaring in my back and shoulders.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,343 Member
    Too bad the cortisol elevation as a result of the pain, healing process and worrying about how many calories burned will more than offset any additional thermogenesis from the blister itself. Maybe even create a stall.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Fascinating place this is.
  • emhunter
    emhunter Posts: 1,212 Member
    Kalikel wrote: »
    I wore cute shoes to the amusement park because we weren't planning to do much walking...but then we did six miles and I got a blister.

I began wondering how many extra calories would be burned to heal. It popped while I slept, so that'll be extra, now that it's opened and has to work a little extra hard to fight off invaders.

Every time I feel a zap of pain, I wonder how many calories will be burned healing this thing, lol. Have to be a few!

I'm actually happy about the thing when I console myself with the fact that it's down there burning calories.
    I wore cute shoes to the amusement park because we weren't planning to do much walking...but then we did six miles and I got a blister.

I began wondering how many extra calories would be burned to heal. It popped while I slept, so that'll be extra, now that it's opened and has to work a little extra hard to fight off invaders.

Every time I feel a zap of pain, I wonder how many calories will be burned healing this thing, lol. Have to be a few!

I'm actually happy about the thing when I console myself with the fact that it's down there burning calories.

I want to follow along but not sure I understand. Are you seriously saying healing blisters burns more calories? If so, where did you find this?

Or are you saying the ridiculous things we think of and connect it to weight loss? Maybe staying up late and not sleeping is one of those ridiculous thoughts of things that burn calories.
  • kisses71213
    kisses71213 Posts: 97 Member
    AnvilHead wrote: »
    Too bad the cortisol elevation as a result of the pain, healing process and worrying about how many calories burned will more than offset any additional thermogenesis from the blister itself. Maybe even create a stall.

^exactly what I was going to say!!
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,603 Member
    edited November 2015
    emhunter wrote: »

I want to follow along but not sure I understand. Are you seriously saying healing blisters burns more calories? If so, where did you find this?

Or are you saying the ridiculous things we think of and connect it to weight loss? Maybe staying up late and not sleeping is one of those ridiculous thoughts of things that burn calories.
    Any time your body has repair work to do, it's going to use a smidge more energy. With massive burns and blisters, it is a ton. With one little blister, it's so small that I honestly don't know how much it would be. Nobody has to calculate how many extra calories they need for that, lol.

It's not something I found online. It's just something I know.

My point is just how silly weight loss thoughts run through my mind. Get a blister, think, "Ooh, extra calories being used!" It's kind of ridiculous, how calories even crossed my mind. :)
  • emhunter
    emhunter Posts: 1,212 Member
    emhunter wrote: »

Any time your body has repair work to do, it's going to use a smidge more energy. With massive burns and blisters, it is a ton. With one little blister, it's so small that I honestly don't know how much it would be. Nobody has to calculate how many extra calories they need for that, lol.

It's not something I found online. It's just something I know.

My point is just how silly weight loss thoughts run through my mind. Get a blister, think, "Ooh, extra calories being used!" It's kind of ridiculous, how calories even crossed my mind. :)

Ok yea that's how I am when I'm trying to lose. Any little thing in like ooh that's a calorie burned. It can get borderline obsessive.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 18,030 Member
    I wonder how many calories we intake each day simply by breathing air that has dust particles - largely comprising human skin - floating around in it. I bet that would offset a blister. And when you exercise, you breathe more heavily, so you take in MORE dust and therefore more calories.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,343 Member
    I wonder how many calories we intake each day simply by breathing air that has dust particles - largely comprising human skin - floating around in it. I bet that would offset a blister. And when you exercise, you breathe more heavily, so you take in MORE dust and therefore more calories.

Not to mention that when you smell food, that's actually particles of the food suspended in the air. So you're taking in calories from that food when you smell it. Between that and the cortisol, you're dead.
  • BurnWithBarn2015
    BurnWithBarn2015 Posts: 1,026 Member
    When i would get thoughts like that i would make an appointment with a therapist

95069916.png
  • rocknlotsofrolls
    rocknlotsofrolls Posts: 418 Member
    sb7osv4jhp44.jpgI enjoyed walking wit ya! Um huh!

• Jruzer
    Jruzer Posts: 3,501 Member
    @Kalikel I can relate. I can't say I've had the same thought but I know from whence the thought comes.