Focus T25 by Shaun T

Options
I am so excited about this new program! I have been in love with Insanity and I am looking forward to buying this one also! Has anyone tried it yet?

Replies

• meglide
    meglide Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    did the first workout this morning
  • jaz050465
    jaz050465 Posts: 3,508 Member
    Options
    And........?
  • UpBeatMaria
    UpBeatMaria Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I did it this evening! LOVE it!!! It has progressions, Tanya modifies the moves, it has HIIT training, power and agility. The recipe guide is awesome too, simple meals to make things easier!
  • jaz050465
    Options
    For those in the UK - BB say it should be out in the first week of July. See Facebook.com/BeachbodyUK.
  • mkwongh
    mkwongh Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    I can't wait to try this one!!!
  • meglide
    Options
    And........?

it's definitely different than INSANITY, there's someone who modifies, the action is non-stop from start-to-finish and it's exactly 25 minutes

there's a cool down/stretch right afterwards that's 2-3 minutes, but still makes everything under the 30 minute mark, in about 29 minutes I burned ~400 calories and I could have pushed harder and burned more, was a little confused on some of the moves

INSANITY I never felt like I could recommend to someone just starting out, with the modified moves and all, T25 is different, I would have no problem recommending to a beginner

Mike
  • bogden78
    bogden78 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    How do you have it already? I thought it wasn't released until Monday? Are you BB coaches?
  • nickymarie011
    nickymarie011 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I am thinking of purchasing this after I am done with my Insanity/P90X hybrid. I just always worry that 25 minutes is not enough of a 'burn' for me. I am wondering if there is more strength training moves involved with the T25 than there is in Insanity?
  • rolemodel69
    rolemodel69 Posts: 365
    Options
    I am thinking of purchasing this after I am done with my Insanity/P90X hybrid. I just always worry that 25 minutes is not enough of a 'burn' for me. I am wondering if there is more strength training moves involved with the T25 than there is in Insanity?

There is no resistance training (Strength exercice) in the base kit. But you can purchase the Gamma Kit separately which is 4 workouts of resistance training.

Focus T25 is suppose to be 25 minutes workouts that gives the same results as an 1 hour workout.
  • hollynikolle
    hollynikolle Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I just ordered mine on Monday and it shipped today. I can't wait to start the program on July 8th!! I'm really excited about the nutrition plan too. I've tried other programs in the past and never fully completed them. I really think that T25 will be the one that fits best into my busy lifestyle and will give it 110% for the entire program!! :)
  • zbelly
    zbelly Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I just got my shipping notice. Can't wait to do it. I am hoping to do it in the AM and stick with the Insanity/P90X evening workouts.
  • nickymarie011
    nickymarie011 Posts: 152 Member
    Options

There is no resistance training (Strength exercice) in the base kit. But you can purchase the Gamma Kit separately which is 4 workouts of resistance training.

Focus T25 is suppose to be 25 minutes workouts that gives the same results as an 1 hour workout.

Thanks bunches!
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options
    So it's just cardio? That sucks. I was interested in trying it, but not if it's strictly cardio.
  • rolemodel69
    Options
    So it's just cardio? That sucks. I was interested in trying it, but not if it's strictly cardio.

The program is divided into 2 phases : Alpha and Beta. There is a 3 phases called Gamma that you can add to it which is 4 workouts that you do on a 3 phases. You can add them to the second phase with the other workouts.

But the first phase is cardio only, it is basically a core building and foundation phase.
  • LisaGirlfriend
    LisaGirlfriend Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    I just ordered mine on Monday and it shipped today. I can't wait to start the program on July 8th!! I'm really excited about the nutrition plan too. I've tried other programs in the past and never fully completed them. I really think that T25 will be the one that fits best into my busy lifestyle and will give it 110% for the entire program!! :)

Me too!!! Exactly! Shipped today. So excited and I'll be starting July 8th too!! We must have a T25 Forum group so we can all do it together.
  • rolemodel69
    Options
    Created a post on this this morning, thought we could start around July 15th so everyone have time to get their copy and get a feel of the program. http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1029015-focus-t25-challenge-group
  • meglide
    Options
    How do you have it already? I thought it wasn't released until Monday? Are you BB coaches?

my wife is a BB coach and she picked it up at Beachbody Summit this past weekend, believe they are shipping this week
  • UpBeatMaria
    UpBeatMaria Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Yes, I'm a BB coach and I purchased it at Summit. It is shipping out now though.
  • jaz050465
    Options
    There are snippets of people doing it on YouTube. It looks like a cross between his Insanity and his more dancey programmes.
  • goshnames
    goshnames Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Oh man, I have been waiting for this!

Why do I not see where to order it? The website still says be the first to know when it is released...by signing up for the email list.

I want!