The 30 Worst Foods in America

Options
I found this article online. I thought it was worth sharing.
http://eatthis.menshealth.com/slideshow/30-worst-foods-america

Replies

• jennagoogles13
    Options
    I can honestly say I've never eaten any of those foods, with the exception of the Uno's deep dish pizza...
  • taidasrictar
    taidasrictar Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    before i changed my lifestyle on that list i have had

Long John Silver's Jalapeno Cheddar Bite
    Jimmy Dean Pancake and Sausage Breakfast Bowl
    DiGiorno Supreme personal pizza with Traditional Crust
    IHOP’s Big Steak Omelette
    Applebee's Chicken Fajita Rollup with Fries
    On the Border Grande Taco Salad with Taco Beef and Chipotle Honey Mustard
    Carl’s Jr. Six Dollar Guacamole Bacon Burger with Medium Natural Cut Fries and 32-oz Cok

guess that is a reason i was up to 260 lbs
  • potatocar
    potatocar Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    1,750 calories... ಠ_ಠ How is that even possible...
    DmnaD7U.jpg
  • astronomicals
    astronomicals Posts: 1,537 Member
    Options
    How dare they blaspheme baby back ribs..... Nonsense I tell you

I also like how they only really look at sodium, fat, sugar and total calories and then they make suggestions for substitutions that are no where near comparable in size... Dont have that large meat lovers pizza instead have an almond..
  • astronomicals
    astronomicals Posts: 1,537 Member
    Options
    1,750 calories... ಠ_ಠ How is that even possible...
    DmnaD7U.jpg

I dont care what anyone says.... hating on coldstone is sacrilege
  • IAteBethDitto
    IAteBethDitto Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    "Arby's Sausage Gravy Biscuit...The problem with this biscuit is that you’re consuming a heart-stopping level of sodium and almost no potassium."

No. The problem with this biscuit is that it looks as though somebody threw up condensed milk all over it. What is this thing?

When a ham and cheese croissant is considered the healthier option, you know you're in the heart attack zone.
  • cdjs77
    cdjs77 Posts: 176 Member
    Options

I also like how they only really look at sodium, fat, sugar and total calories and then they make suggestions for substitutions that are no where near comparable in size... Dont have that large meat lovers pizza instead have an almond..

This. I like how they suggest substituting a Chocolate Pudding Pie with beef jerky. If I am in the mood for something sweet like a pudding pie, why on earth would I substitute it with beef jerky?
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    I've never had any of these items because, frankly, I have little use for huge super sized portions of food. That said I won't abide by negative talk about Coldstone. That place is what delicious dreams are made of.
  • missdibs1
    missdibs1 Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    I just read the article and now feel sick. None of the choices look appealing to me.
  • PheonixRizing
    PheonixRizing Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I'm still trying to figure out how 1 burger can be like 2000+ calories. They poured liquid death in it and the AMA says there is a war on obesity...i guess so but the war is how we fight to keep people fat by creating a burger that is 2000000gabillion calories.
  • coliema
    coliema Posts: 7,646 Member
    Options
    How depressing..
  • BigBrunette
    BigBrunette Posts: 1,543 Member
    Options
    I don't know...that guacamole bacon burger looks pretty good to me.
  • LifeWithPie
    LifeWithPie Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    Dont have that large meat lovers pizza instead have an almond..

This made my iced coffee come right out my nose! Thanks for the morning laugh. :drinker: :laugh:
  • palmerar
    palmerar Posts: 489 Member
    Options

This. I like how they suggest substituting a Chocolate Pudding Pie with beef jerky. If I am in the mood for something sweet like a pudding pie, why on earth would I substitute it with beef jerky?

I believe that they were saying that beef jerky was one of the better snack options at a gas station....it's where you find the snack not whether it's savory or sweet
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    I think it's funny that they say not to buy a drink with a cartoon animal on the front... And then they recommend another Sobe drink. Which still has the same cartoon animal on the front. It just seems silly to bring that up as a point.
  • chezjuan
    chezjuan Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    Interesting article. I haven't had any of those foods, ever (but have probably had similar stuff that comes in a close second to some of them).

I personally think the intro is overkill, though. Implying that making a "single mistake" by eating one of the items on the list will ruin a weight-loss plan just isn't the case. Regularly eating these items without working them into your calorie and macro goals definitely can, but if I were to eat, say, a Quiznos Tuna Melt once it's not going to suddenly add lbs. or stop me from losing weight.
  • BarackMeLikeAHurricane
    BarackMeLikeAHurricane Posts: 3,400 Member
    Options
    I need to try that cinnambon pecan thing. I'll just have a protein shake with it and that will be my calories for the day. Worth it.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,526 Member
    Options
    It's only the 30 worst if you don't like it or gain weight from it. Having it once ain't gonna kill ya.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition