Is this correct?

Options
Hi guys does this look good in terms of macros for my first bulk.

Ill be clean bulking for 4 months:

5ft 10
169 lbs
Desk job
No cardio

http://imgur.com/zh84uCZ

Replies

• arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I'd do that protein as a minimum but it's right at .8 which is fine.

Are you sure of your TDEE?
  • Ben2055
    Ben2055 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Well, MFP tells me to cut at 500 deficit a day 1 lb a week so 1750kcal. Maintain 2250. So 2500 to gain 0.5 a week.

Inpresume thats my TDEE? how can i be sure?

Also should i maybe raise the protein abit? Feels a little low haha?
  • seska422
    seska422 Posts: 3,217 Member
    Options
    MFP provides NEAT, rather than TDEE. You can calculate your TDEE here:

Scooby's Workshop
  • arditarose
    Options
    Ben2055 wrote: »
    Well, MFP tells me to cut at 500 deficit a day 1 lb a week so 1750kcal. Maintain 2250. So 2500 to gain 0.5 a week.

Okay, I don't do cardio either so I just presume MFP gives me my TDEE. You could also just with other calculators and split the difference.

You could raise the protein, especially if you like it. I kind of over do it...I'm like 128 lbs and I get 160g some days lol.
  • Ben2055
    Ben2055 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Just used scooby
    http://imgur.com/a62WLgJ

My maconutriebt plan ok then?
  • arditarose
    Options
    Looks good! Have fun :)
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options

macros look fine..

what are your stats though, as 2500 seems low fora bulk ..

what do you mean by "clean bulk"?
  • KaterinaDokuzova94
    Options

5ft 10
    169 lbs
    Desk job
    No cardio

Why no cardio ? Why depriving yourself from the good endorphins ? Maybe if you do intervals or 1-2 days 5ks it won't be bad for your weight gain ?:(
  • ndj1979
    Options

5ft 10
    169 lbs
    Desk job
    No cardio

Why no cardio ? Why depriving yourself from the good endorphins ? Maybe if you do intervals or 1-2 days 5ks it won't be bad for your weight gain ?:(

because he is trying to gain weight and cardio should be minimal when bulking because then you have to eat more to get into a surplus.
  • KaterinaDokuzova94
    Options
    If your body gets used to the exercise it won't be so efficient anymore .
  • ndj1979
    Options

5ft 10
    169 lbs
    Desk job
    No cardio

I am 5-10 36 male and wen I bulked at 175 I started at 2750 calories for .5 gain and by the end that was up to 3100 calories..

this time around I am bulking on 3300 calories and that is about a little under one pound per week gain for me...
  • ndj1979
    Options

what?

sorry that is not true…
  • arditarose
    Options

Umm what?
  • ndj1979
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »

Umm what?

looks like someone from general weight loss forum wandered in here….
  • arditarose
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »

Umm what?

looks like someone from general weight loss forum wandered in here….

OH right
  • KaterinaDokuzova94
    Options

what?

sorry that is not true…

Yes it is. You organism adapts to the stress and you burn less cal from the exercise you used to burn more. Like if I run every day 15 km at one point my body will adapt to the stress and I will burn less cal. That is why many ppl have problem with losing weight.
  • ndj1979
    Options

what?

sorry that is not true…

Yes it is. You organism adapts to the stress and you burn less cal from the exercise you used to burn more. Like if I run every day 15 km at one point my body will adapt to the stress and I will burn less cal. That is why many ppl have problem with losing weight.

I think you made a wrong turn somewhere..this is the GAINING forum, we are talking about gaining weight here and calories burns are not the priority.

• arditarose
    Options

what?

sorry that is not true…

This has absolutely nothing to do with the OP and his bulking macros. Some of us don't do cardio.

@ndj1979 I'm curious what you think of the OPs protein. I think because I always overeat protein it seems low.
  • ndj1979
    Options

what?

sorry that is not true…

This has absolutely nothing to do with the OP and his bulking macros. Some of us don't do cardio.

@ndj1979 I'm curious what you think of the OPs protein. I think because I always overeat protein it seems low.

He has it set at .8 grams per pound of body weight, which is fine. Like you, I am a protein eating machine so I usually get one pound per pound of body weight. I was actually getting more than that for a while and I actually had a hard time getting to 50% carbs, imagine that! I actually had to cut down on protein and increase carbs...
  • arditarose
    Options

what?

sorry that is not true…

He has it set at .8 grams per pound of body weight, which is fine. Like you, I am a protein eating machine so I usually get one pound per pound of body weight. I was actually getting more than that for a while and I actually had a hard time getting to 50% carbs, imagine that! I actually had to cut down on protein and increase carbs...

I'm wondering if I'll have to do that. I mean I'm getting 160g of protein some days and don't think I understand the importance of carbs just yet. Anyway, don't want to derail. We can talk about that later.