How do you take your coffee?

Options

Replies

• Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    bpetrosky wrote: »
    I take my coffee black, from coffee bushes selected personally by the Most Interesting Man in the World. The raw coffee cherries are consumed by unicorns and the beans are then picked by hand from the unicorn droppings to be selected and dried.

The green beans are then roasted in an mithril oven heated by the fires of Mount Doom, inscribed with the 1000 sacred names of Juan Valdez in the ancient tongue. The roasted beans are then ground by my personal hobbit manservant in a vessel forged by the dwarven kings.

The water is melted from the snows of Narnia, and the coffee is brewed in the traditional method by a Japanese barista who has studied under his master for 30 years in the sublime art of heating the coffee water. The brewed coffee is served in a goblet made from dragon claw and served on a crystal platter.

With a blueberry scone.

yes but...is it Paleo?
  • malou1985
    malou1985 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Usually black, but sometimes i allowed myself a small amount of coldstone sweet cream creamer
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,937 Member
    Options
    How do you take your coffee?

Black.

• bpetrosky
    bpetrosky Posts: 3,911 Member
    Options
    Alluminati wrote: »
    I take my coffee black, from coffee bushes selected personally by the Most Interesting Man in the World. The raw coffee cherries are consumed by unicorns and the beans are then picked by hand from the unicorn droppings to be selected and dried.

The green beans are then roasted in an mithril oven heated by the fires of Mount Doom, inscribed with the 1000 sacred names of Juan Valdez in the ancient tongue. The roasted beans are then ground by my personal hobbit manservant in a vessel forged by the dwarven kings.

The water is melted from the snows of Narnia, and the coffee is brewed in the traditional method by a Japanese barista who has studied under his master for 30 years in the sublime art of heating the coffee water. The brewed coffee is served in a goblet made from dragon claw and served on a crystal platter.

With a blueberry scone.

yes but...is it Paleo?

If anyone approaches my coffee with coconut oil or butter, they are immediately impaled by a rampaging unicorn.
  • reinhali
    reinhali Posts: 11 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    With my favorite creamer Italian Sweet Crème from Coffee Mate. <3

Same here! I get the sugar free version and add a teaspoon of Splenda. Very satisfying in the morning.
  • cafeaulait7
    cafeaulait7 Posts: 2,459 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    I have to use this instant acid-neutralized stuff now*, because my GERD doesn't stand coffee while I love it! So I use heavy cream or real half n half and a no-calorie sweetener. If I drink normal coffee, I have to use mostly milk due to the acid.

Very soon, I'll get to use eggnog in it! I love that. I love eggnog. I then have more eggnog for breakfast :lol:

Has anyone tried the peppermint bark white chocolate Bailey's? I love their creamers and will surely try that this time of year, too :)

* the less-acid stuff is called Kava for anyone else with GERD-coffee issues.
  • Merkavar
    Merkavar Posts: 3,082 Member
    Options
    Very rarely

But just a regular cappuccino or flat white.

Never one of those Starbucks/Gloria Jeans monstrosities people seem to drink that are 2% coffee and 98% chocolate and cream.

If you don't want a coffee, just buy a sundae or milkshake else where for like half the price. :tongue:
  • justvclark
    justvclark Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    With my favorite creamer Italian Sweet Crème from Coffee Mate. <3

I use that one too. I originally got it because it was the Boba Fett creamer in the Star Wars creamers (yes, I'm weak...don't judge me), but I ended up liking it and kept buying it. So much for sticking to black coffee.
  • TheBraveryLover
    TheBraveryLover Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    Black. Not a coffee fan so whenever I do drink it, it's only for the caffeine; not the taste.
  • alittlelife14
    alittlelife14 Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Starbucks holiday blend with 2 ice cubes and some liquid stevia
  • threadmad
    threadmad Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Starbucks French Roast, black with one packet of Splenda
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options

With a blueberry scone.

2dm49sg7kcyz.jpg
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    With whole milk and Truvia.
  • Steve4239
    Steve4239 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    hot and black. no sugar
  • Bbeliever215
    Bbeliever215 Posts: 234 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options

With a blueberry scone.

Lmao!
  • ReneeDawalga5100
    ReneeDawalga5100 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I drink 32 ounces cold with 1/3 cup skim milk!!! YUM
  • geminiswede
    geminiswede Posts: 903 Member
    Options
    Black and usually cold. Every now and then when I want something a little bit different, I'll have a mocha with either skim milk, or no milk.
  • ReeseG4350
    ReeseG4350 Posts: 146 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Used to be able to get coffee - freshly roasted beans, fresh off the boat. It would have been sacrilegious to put anything in it! The taste of that coffee was almost sweet on its own. Now, having moved almost an entire continent away from that luxury - no bean ships coming in from South America, no roasting houses on the Embarcadero, no intoxicating fragrance of fresh beans roasting - *sigh*. I tried to drink the dross that is called coffee in most of the country but... nope. Just can't do it. It is bitter and lacks the sweet aftertaste of "real" coffee. For a while, I tried loading it down with sugar and French Vanilla Coffeemate. Then I switched to a 'dash' of Bailey's Irish Cream. (Now THAT is good but you've got to put in so much Bailey's to mask the flavor of the bad coffee Why bother with the coffee!) I just gave up on even trying to find good coffee anymore... with the exception of chugging a shot of Turkish in the morning every now and then when summer comes. (One shot glass of that stuff at six a.m. is like drinking five cups of (heavily sugared) coffee! But it'll get you going for the day.) :D

These days, I am mostly a "water baby". And, with that, I do like MIO Orange Vanilla flavoring. And, as the winter weather comes on, I start drinking more and more herbal tea. (My latest infatuation is Kroger's Private Selection Sweet Cinnamon Herbal Spice Tea. It's so sweet, it really doesn't need much sugar at all.) Though I am seriously considering buying coffee beans, green and frozen, and start roasting my own!

And, when it comes to sugar? NO ARTIFICIAL SWEETENERS! Cannot do the chemicals. Try to eliminate them from my diet - hence my body - as much as possible. I'd rather have a 25 calorie rounded teaspoon of real sugar and forego a bite of bread (which I also make fresh!) or something than dump a lot of extra chemicals into my system.

That's just me, though. I figure if I work so hard to get and keep my body in good, healthy condition, why would I want to contaminate it with a bunch of chemicals if I don't have to?
  • andyluvv
    andyluvv Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    My usual - skinny extra dry cappuccino with 3 shots, please!

I try to cut down because I can have about 5 and still feel tired.
  • ddkreimnut
    ddkreimnut Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Drip coffee with a spoonful of raw sugar and a blend of 2% milk and Califia Coconut-Almond milk that I heat up first.