• cjsgrimlin1
    cjsgrimlin1 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the laugh!
  • Psychgrrl
    Psychgrrl Posts: 3,177 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    OP, maybe you can make two meals and then have some leftovers since everyone isn't eating both. I do cooking in bulk on the weekend, like quinoa. Buying non-perishables at a box bog store like CostCo can be very cost effective. You can easily toss other stuff with a whole grain to change it up. Beans, tuna, chicken, veggies, feta cheese, avocado.
  • cjsgrimlin1
    Options
    Psychgrrl wrote: »

Then again, this is NOT the place to rant either.

I disagree. Lots of people vent and rant looking for support, feedback, help because they're not getting it at home or they need additional perspective to make sense of things.

OP, maybe you can make two meals and then have some leftovers since everyone isn't eating both. I do cooking in bulk on the weekend, like quinoa. Buying non-perishables at a box bog store like CostCo can be very cost effective. You can easily toss other stuff with a whole grain to change it up. Beans, tuna, chicken, veggies, feta cheese, avocado.

Thank you. I will look into making meals during the weekend.
  • juliebowman4
    juliebowman4 Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    Since when isn't having a rant 'helpful'?
    I find it extremely helpful.
    What help looks like to one person may look different to another.
    If you personally don't find a rant helpful, scroll on......
    ....but it's pretty bold to define 'help' for everyone.
  • cjsgrimlin1
    Options

I disagree. Lots of people vent and rant looking for support, feedback, help because they're not getting it at home or they need additional perspective to make sense of things.

While it doesn't bother me, I think she meant that this belongs in the Motivation and Support forum rather than the General Weight Loss forum. People tend to hide different forums they aren't interested in seeing. I hide the Chit Chat forum. Others who aren't interested in offering emotional support may hide the Motivation forum and may potentially get upset at having these types of posts pop up in their topics in Weight Loss. Idk <shrug>.

Where i can understand that the problem was a weight loss problem. I needed help figuring out how to A. regain control B. another meal to fill me and not overdo my calories C. other suggestions for times where family ate something i shouldnt. So yes it belongs here. Otherwise some other posts wouldn't belong here either.
  • janjunie
    janjunie Posts: 1,200 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    As for advice, this is what I did tonight because I didn't feel like eating what I made for the kids and hubby is out working. I microwaved myself some green giant steamers (veggies with cheese sauce)....144 calories for the whole thing...and well I ate leftover pizza as well, but ignore that part and buy a few green giant steamers, they are cheap, yummy and come in handy for all kinds of situations :).
  • jr235
    jr235 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Op, have you looked into getting a rice or multicooker? I have an electric pressure cooker, bought it on sale for $30 and a rice cooker, $15. I cook beans in the pressure cooker and freeze them. On quick cook nights I can make a fast dish of rice and beans, or soup which is ridiculously easy in the pressure cooker. A cup of lentils, potato, carrot, and celery cost a few dollars and makes a hearty bowl of soup!
  • cjsgrimlin1
    Options
    janjunie wrote: »
    Again why the negatives? Isn't this supposed to be a support web site? Why would you purposefully do that? YOU didn't have to post. In fact EVERYONE could have ignored me. BUT some were kind enough to offer true support.

Don't take it personally, a lot of people here on 1200 cal diets are just hangry....you post a rant and they rant a response.

as for advice, this is what I did tonight because I didn't feel like eating what I made for the kids and hubby is out working. I microwaved myself some green giant steamers (veggies with cheese sauce)....144 calories for the whole thing...and well I ate leftover pizza as well, but ignore that part and buy a few green giant steamers, they are cheap, yummy and come in handy for all kinds of situations :).

That does sound good. I'll put that on my list... o:)
  • cjsgrimlin1
    Options
    jr235 wrote: »
    Op, have you looked into getting a rice or multicooker? I have an electric pressure cooker, bought it on sale for $30 and a rice cooker, $15. I cook beans in the pressure cooker and freeze them. On quick cook nights I can make a fast dish of rice and beans, or soup which is ridiculously easy in the pressure cooker. A cup of lentils, potato, carrot, and celery cost a few dollars and makes a hearty bowl of soup!

I have a rice cooker/ steamer but as i'm in Louisiana and rice is everywhere its one of the things i'm trying to change. Brown rice takes some time to get used to, and i just didnt have the veggies tonight.
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,089 Member
    Options
    Its one meal. At least there was food to eat. Eat your portion and move on. One meal won't wreck your hard work. In fact, you can probably easily fit a few nuggets and a small handful of baked fries into your daily cals / macros without a problem anyway. Next time you have leftovers from a better tasting meal, freeze a small portion and eat that on nugget night instead.
    I've had to eat plenty of things that I didn't necessarily love , but it is better then being hungry or wasting food. There's many people that would love to be in your shoes right now ( owned home, dinner to eat, husband and children ) so count your blessings and move forward. Venting is always okay, and sometimes helps us see how little our problems really are once its written out.
  • brandid34
    brandid34 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Can you try to load up on the healthy stuff and skimp on the unhealthy? Like if you're having a salad and fried chicken eat a smaller portion of the unhealthy and load up on the salad? What about food pantries? They maybe an option to get some additional sources of food in the house :)
  • cjsgrimlin1
    Options

While it doesn't bother me, I think she meant that this belongs in the Motivation and Support forum rather than the General Weight Loss forum. People tend to hide different forums they aren't interested in seeing. I hide the Chit Chat forum. Others who aren't interested in offering emotional support may hide the Motivation forum and may potentially get upset at having these types of posts pop up in their topics in Weight Loss. Idk <shrug>.

Where i can understand that the problem was a weight loss problem. I needed help figuring out how to A. regain control B. another meal to fill me and not overdo my calories C. other suggestions for times where family ate something i shouldnt. So yes it belongs here. Otherwise some other posts wouldn't belong here either.

All good points. :)

• cjsgrimlin1
    Options
    brandid34 wrote: »
    Can you try to load up on the healthy stuff and skimp on the unhealthy? Like if you're having a salad and fried chicken eat a smaller portion of the unhealthy and load up on the salad? What about food pantries? They maybe an option to get some additional sources of food in the house :)

Unfortunately this meal was nowhere in the vicinity of healthy or rather what i have come to consider healthy. And as a three income family we defiantly make too much but i just stated to get paid so we have to get caught up first.
    I have started to make a good list of substitutes or things to do for future cases, suggestions have been helping thank you.
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options
    thorsmom01 wrote: »
    Its one meal. At least there was food to eat. Eat your portion and move on. One meal won't wreck your hard work. In fact, you can probably easily fit a few nuggets and a small handful of baked fries into your daily cals / macros without a problem anyway. Next time you have leftovers from a better tasting meal, freeze a small portion and eat that on nugget night instead.
    I've had to eat plenty of things that I didn't necessarily love , but it is better then being hungry or wasting food. There's many people that would love to be in your shoes right now ( owned home, dinner to eat, husband and children ) so count your blessings and move forward. Venting is always okay, and sometimes helps us see how little our problems really are once its written out.

This, exactly. While you might be feeling hungry, at least you had something to eat. Imagine all the hungry and homeless tonight who have nothing to eat. Sometimes it can help to look at the big picture when you are thinking of small things that are upsetting you.
  • cjsgrimlin1
    Options
    mccindy72 wrote: »
    thorsmom01 wrote: »

This, exactly. While you might be feeling hungry, at least you had something to eat. Imagine all the hungry and homeless tonight who have nothing to eat. Sometimes it can help to look at the big picture when you are thinking of small things that are upsetting you.

Please tell me how exactly is reminding me that i at least got to eat helping me with the current situation? I am thankful GOD gave me the gift of a brain that went to school and got a NURSING degree and got a job. I am glad my mother is also in the healthcare field and my husband is in the sheriff's office. that had absolutely no bearing on the issue on how i felt out of control in my own household. I needed suggestions on meal replacements and what to do not how to count my numerous blessings cause yes once i was one of those who didn't have anything to eat or a house to sleep in. I know the difference.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    OP you think you're getting a hard time here... Go on a parenting forum like Babycenter and post a similar topic about eating chicken tenders and fries with your family... Ladies get downright nasty over there about what people feed their kids... ;)

• cjsgrimlin1
    Options
    WinoGelato wrote: »
    OP you think you're getting a hard time here... Go on a parenting forum like Babycenter and post a similar topic about eating chicken tenders and fries with your family... Ladies get downright nasty over there about what people feed their kids... ;)

Man, I see that! I bet half of them didn't even read the post that both my girls are underweight for their age so i have to keep more calorie dense foods in the house or they wont get enough!!
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    WinoGelato wrote: »

Man, I see that! I bet half of them didn't even read the post that both my girls are underweight for their age so i have to keep more calorie dense foods in the house or they wont get enough!!

Actually I don't think anyone here was judging you for what your family was eating. I was just saying that I don't think the comments are really that negative or harsh. I've seen a lot worse, here and elsewhere!

• cjsgrimlin1
    Options
    Honestly there is no reason to give anyone a hard time at all. I didn't ask to be told anything negative. I didn't even ask for suggestions though they are welcome. This is supposed to be a place you can come and NOT be judged for decisions or mistakes you've made. yet i come ranting because i was mad at my family not realizing the other choices i had and I'm the one the needs to count my blessings, suck it up and get over myself, move to a different thread because I'm distracting, and go to another website if i think i am being treated unfairly? thanks a lot for the support there people.

Don't worry I wont bother your precious time ever again.
  • elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Options
    Honestly there is no reason to give anyone a hard time at all. I didn't ask to be told anything negative. I didn't even ask for suggestions though they are welcome. This is supposed to be a place you can come and NOT be judged for decisions or mistakes you've made. yet i come ranting because i was mad at my family not realizing the other choices i had and I'm the one the needs to count my blessings, suck it up and get over myself, move to a different thread because I'm distracting, and go to another website if i think i am being treated unfairly? thanks a lot for the support there people.

Don't worry I wont bother your precious time ever again.

Please do not let a few negative people chase you away from the forums. You received some great advice here and I really hope those few who were not helpful don't discourage you from posting again.