Thanksgiving workout: yay or nay?

Options
124»

Replies

• queenofpuppies
    queenofpuppies Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Yay! I'm planning a nice morning hike with my mom that morning :) and probably a walk after dinner too
  • Dday0829
    Dday0829 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I will be walking away from the pie!
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,712 Member
    Options
    Definitely. I'll workout in the morning. That's the only way I can tolerate sitting in the car for an hour to drive to the in-laws house and then sit around there for hours until it's time for the hour-long drive back.

I cook the dishes I make the day before so they will just be warmed in the oven when we get there. Yes, I could be more active while I'm there, but since I do the cooking the other non-cookers are the clean-up crew.
  • lisalsd1
    lisalsd1 Posts: 1,521 Member
    Options
    Thursday is Deadlift Day, so yes. The gym's daycare is open from 8am-noon, so why not?
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    I love my runs, so I have no plans to deprive myself.
  • dljones67
    dljones67 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Negative_X wrote: »
    I plan on having a nice, fasted weight lifting session right before... then stuffing myself after. :)

Ditto :) gotta make room for pumpkin pie ;)
  • SuggaD
    SuggaD Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    Absolutely. I'm not sure what yet. Weather looks bad. Usually my cycling club does a group ride. Was also considering a turkey trot with my tri club. But if its raining, its going to be swim and spin at the gym.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    I usually do the turkey trot, but I'm doing a half marathon on Saturday instead. However, I will definitely get a workout in -- it's supposed to be unseasonably warm here (after dumping snow over the weekend), so I'm hoping to get in a morning bike ride as a break from various cooking tasks.
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    Sure. I'm doing spin and then a weights class. Why not?
  • mattyc772014
    mattyc772014 Posts: 3,543 Member
    Options
    YAY! Usually do a long run up hill for Saturday but will make it for T Day instead.
  • ash_law
    ash_law Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    You better believe I will be in the gym on Thursday!
  • c1ownfishie
    c1ownfishie Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I usually sign up for a 10K Turkey Trot on Thanksgiving morning!
  • FitPhillygirl
    FitPhillygirl Posts: 7,124 Member
    Options
    I'll still do my scheduled HIIT workout. Only I'll do it a little later in the evening on Thanksgiving.
  • workout_junkee
    workout_junkee Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Without a doubt.
  • djscavone
    djscavone Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    My usual early morning 3 miles and some yoga before the company shows later that morning.
  • stealthq
    stealthq Posts: 4,298 Member
    Options
    Would I? Yes. I did last year. It so happened that the end of my half-marathon training plan was on Thanksgiving, so I did my last long run that morning. Felt really good and went a little farther than necessary. Proceeded to eat whatever the hell I wanted, thank-you-very-much.

This year, Thanksgiving falls on my rest day (I'm following a marathon training program) so I'll do my long run on Saturday, weather permitting, and I'll still eat whatever the hell I want on Thanksgiving, thank-you-very-much.