Not worth my calories anymore..

Options
13»

Replies

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    If I gave up all those, I'd be struggling to eat 1000 calories a day, lol.

I still have most of those from time to time. Some days they are all totally worth the calories. The only things I've completely stopped are fried foods (include chips) and sodas.
  • c_faulkenburg
    c_faulkenburg Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I forgot about crackers! I used to eat Cheez its like they were chasing me. I haven't aphad a cheezit since last fall sometime. Occasionally I will have potato chips, but since they cause me to lose all self control, we generally don't keep them in the house.
  • snowmentality
    snowmentality Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    My office holds a once a month gathering as a catch-all for all the birthdays throughout the month with a smorgasbord of cakes, cookies, chips, buttery crackers and processed meats. I used to looove attending for the social interaction and mostly for the free food. I've always been a sucker for free food. I would load up with far more than I would care to admit and stay in sugar-high bliss throughout the rest of the workday.

I don't even attend them anymore, as its such an awful temptation to see the spread of calorifficly evil goodies.

I also dread potluck parties with my friends for the same reason, but I can't cut out all my friendships just to avoid food. So I go to those having already filled up on tons of water, fresh veggies and lean meats beforehand. I turn down all alcohol, which is the hardest part. Not just for the calories in alcohol itself, but for the result it has in increasing my inhibitions with the food. And I stay as far away from the buffet table as I possibly can...