Logging on thanksgiving?

Options

Replies

• kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    Nope. I will exercise and skip the alcohol. Enough.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    I haven't logged in over 2 1/2 years but even when I did log, I never bothered with holidays. A day is pretty irrelevant in the grand scheme of things.
  • luluinca
    luluinca Posts: 2,899 Member
    Options
    Not me. I'll be celebrating my 800th day on MFP (tomorrow) by not logging. I logged the last 2 Thanksgivings, overate anyway, and still lost weight a few days later. One day doesn't seem too important in the scheme of a lifestyle change that means you wake up the next morning and get back to business!

Enjoy the day!!!
  • mrsnazario1219
    mrsnazario1219 Posts: 173 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    I will.. The next day, and they'll be guesstimations. The only things I'll be making are pumpkin and apple pies and candied yams. My sister in law is making everything else. I won't stress myself over it. It's one day and I'll be back on track the next day. What I WON'T be doing is weighing myself. My weigh in day is Friday. :neutral:
  • mysteps2beauty
    mysteps2beauty Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    I am, just for consistency and to build a long time habit, but it won't be accurate, more of a guesstimate....i'm okay with it...i'll take the doggies for an extra long walk and do some squats
  • RetroPolkaDot
    RetroPolkaDot Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I'm logging it. It's not going to be super accurate because I am not going to quiz people on how they made their dishes nor am I going to weigh my portions out. I don't care what the calories end up being. It's one day. I also made the decision that even if it's on my plate I don't have to eat it if it turns out to be disappointing.
  • ZeXea
    ZeXea Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I won't. Don't care lol, I'm enjoying myself :)
  • vivmom2014
    vivmom2014 Posts: 1,647 Member
    Options
    No logging this whole week. I'm on vacation.
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options
    IF I log (and that's a big if, since I haven't logged consistently in a couple years now)...it will be ONLY to see how big of a number I can rack up over the course of 24 hours.
  • successgal1
    successgal1 Posts: 996 Member
    Options
    Nope. Going to.a friends house. Gonna eat, drink and be merry! I'm on a pretty aggressive calorie count plus I worked out hard today and will do so again on Friday. Thanksgiving won't even be a blip over a weeks worth.
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,979 Member
    Options
    I'm not bringing the scales with me to the relative's house where I'll be eating, and I won't be breaking out the app during the day. I've been doing this long enough that I'm not likely to forget anything I eat, and I'm not too bad at eyeballing amounts. I'll probably just sit down at the end of the day, copy the meal from the last Thanksgiving or two, make any adjustments in amounts, add anything that was new or different this year (we tend to stick with traditions, so there shouldn't be much that wasn't on previous menus), and call it a day. I know there will be at least one casserole and homemade rolls that are in my MFP recipes, because I'm making them.

So, logging, but with a fair amount of estimating. I just like to have reasonable approximations in my records for recalculating my TDEE from time to time, and so that small weight gains don't throw me for a loop. (Me, to myself at next Saturday's weigh in: "Ouch, up two pounds! Well, you did go for nearly 3,500 calories on Turkey Day, and you were at maintenance two or three other days. Probably between a quarter and half pound of that is glycogen and fat, the rest is water. Soldier on, girl."
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    bw_conway wrote: »
    malibu927 wrote: »
    Josh_LoL wrote: »
    I don't see why you wouldn't log it.

Because some people feel spending time with family is more important than tracking calories that day.

I'm going to log. Christmas week will be a diet break for me, though.

Anyone that is so engrossed in paying nonstop attention to their family that they cannot bear to take 5 minutes to make a few entries on the MFP app is probably creeping everyone out. Take a few moments for yourself, brush your teeth, shower, go potty, log your food, your family will understand...

Why should they? It's one day! Maybe some people don't want to start weighing their food while sitting chatting with family!
  • incisron
    incisron Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    Why would you be doing logging on thanksgiving? It's painful and no way to celebrate, and all work facilities, including lumbering companies, should be closed.
  • esaucier17
    esaucier17 Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    I am still logging. My mom and I cook a healthy thanksgiving meal :smile:
  • kami3006
    kami3006 Posts: 4,978 Member
    Options
    With everyone bringing food there is no way to know what is in anything so logging, for me, is pointless. But, after a few years at this, I am used to rolling with the punches and enjoying a day without it being an issue. I'll have a little of everything I like and enjoy some dessert and call it a day. We have a couple hours car ride home afterwards so I really don't want to be stuffed the whole way back. I won't be bringing home leftovers though as I don't really want several days of "I have no idea what the hell is in this" eating. Well, maybe if there's pecan pie...
  • tomteboda
    tomteboda Posts: 2,171 Member
    Options
    I'll give it my best guess. I'm not too worried, I haven't gone crazy in food for any event in the last year. Not Christmas, Easter, Halloween , birthdays or even the county fair.

Of course, I have a secret helper in not overeating. I'm dearly allergic to peanutspeanuts, and also to soy and cannot trust anything prepared by someone else. So most social gatherings become fasting occasions now.
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Pre-logged. Hubby is cooking for the two of us.
  • Bshmerlie
    Bshmerlie Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    I log the best I can everyday even holidays or vacations.
  • ekruska802
    ekruska802 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I'm logging, mostly because I'm curious about what's going to happen.
  • Lefty1290
    Lefty1290 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    I estimated the cookies and cereal I ate, but I'm not logging anything else. I just wanted my sign-in streak to continue. One day isn't much in the grand scheme of things. I'm gonna enjoy all of the rich food and not worry about the rest.