Should i eat dinner

Options
I kinda think i ate too much junk today. i had a bagel and jam for breakfast with water, an iced coffee, then two thin slices of pepperoni pizza and chickpea salad and tuna for lunch, then 3 cookies then skittles then dried snap peas. I have 471 calories left, and I'm afraid to gain weight if i want to look good for the holidays

Replies

• janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    If you have calories left, why not have dinner?
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,473 Member
    Options
    EAT!!!!! AND KEEP EATING!
  • debubbie
    debubbie Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    Definitely eat something for dinner! Otherwise, you may find yourself ravenous tomorrow morning. Go for a walk tonight to earn some extra calories.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    You have calories left. Eat them.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Please eat dinner.
    Whenever I see a skinny profile photos, and fear of eating I get worried.

The question is why does a bagel and jam for breakfast with water, an iced coffee, then two thin slices of pepperoni pizza and chickpea salad and tuna for lunch, then 3 cookies then skittles then dried snap peas seem like a lot to you?

Now, that said, perhaps figure out a strategy where you don't only have CARBS for breakfast. Put some peanut butter on the bagel, or swap the bagel for a whole grain toast (or choose a different breakfast altogether, something with protein and fat).
    Then eat a hearty lunch, and a good dinner and eat things like skittles in between?
  • irenehb
    irenehb Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    For 471 calories you could have a nice dinner, make sure you add some protein rich food as the rest of the day seems low protein-wise.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    You are three pounds away from goal. Don't make food the enemy. Enjoy it! Don't under-eat. That's a dangerous path.
  • ecjim
    ecjim Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    Please eat dinner.
    Whenever I see a skinny profile photos, and fear of eating I get worried.

The question is why does a bagel and jam for breakfast with water, an iced coffee, then two thin slices of pepperoni pizza and chickpea salad and tuna for lunch, then 3 cookies then skittles then dried snap peas seem like a lot to you?

Now, that said, perhaps figure out a strategy where you don't only have CARBS for breakfast. Put some peanut butter on the bagel, or swap the bagel for a whole grain toast (or choose a different breakfast altogether, something with protein and fat).
    Then eat a hearty lunch, and a good dinner and eat things like skittles in between?

This ˄˄˄
    and maybe eat some eggs for breakfast Eastcoast Jim

• kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    What is the question? You ate junk all day skip dinner. Drink some H2O and go to bed. Wake up to a new day tomorrow.
  • brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    Options
    Seek help ... the same answer you get n every thread you start. You clearly do not have a healthy relationship with food.
  • Clarewho
    Clarewho Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    Hmm OP I have seen a number of your threads and they are all along the same lines. You have previously been advised to seek help and to educate yourself re CICO but keep posting 'help I've binged' type threads. Your pattern seems to be that you try to start your days with what you consider 'good' choices, then later in the day at some point you give in to the hunger and 'eat junk' or 'binge'.

I echo the advice you have had before - please seek help with your relationship with food. You are heading down a dangerous path and it is concerning to keep seeing these threads.
  • FitPhillygirl
    FitPhillygirl Posts: 7,124 Member
    Options
    Never skip meals, especially when you have more calories left to eat for the day.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Seek help ... the same answer you get n every thread you start. You clearly do not have a healthy relationship with food.

This.
  • JenAndSome
    JenAndSome Posts: 1,893 Member
    Options
    kbmnurse wrote: »
    What is the question? You ate junk all day skip dinner. Drink some H2O and go to bed. Wake up to a new day tomorrow.

Did you even read what she wrote? This is pretty terrible advice. OP should definitely eat dinner and develop a healthier relationship with food.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options

What was junk about what she ate? The bagel with jam? The pizza? Tuna and chickpeas? Skittles?

Sounds like a well rounded day to me. With close to 500 cals left for the day OP can have a well balanced dinner: some protein and veggies, a salad, or even more pizza if she wants.

OP your post is concerning... But so is this comment...
  • debrakgoogins
    debrakgoogins Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options
    As someone who had an eating disorder as a teenager, your comment coupled with your profile picture are concerning. Others have noticed a trend in your threads of binging and an unhealthy relationship with food. So, either you legitimately need help and should seek it or you you are seeking attention. Either way, you should seek help.

I sincerely hope that you are not a nurse and giving out that kind of advice. Tuna and chickpeas are junk? Really? She ate food, not junk.
  • SLLeask
    SLLeask Posts: 489 Member
    Options

No, no and more NO!! OP has 471 calories left, more than enough for a decent meal that she SHOULD eat. I hope you are not a nurse as your user name possibly hints at!
  • brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    Options

I'm not used to RNs skipping over major indicators of disease and proceeding to give horrendous advice.
  • Clarewho
    Clarewho Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    Yeah @kbmnurse gave very poor advice, tbh I assumed she hadn't read it correctly. OP didn't eat junk all day although some choices could have been better for macros. But - skip dinner when she had nearly 500 calories left? Just - no.
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    Yes, you should eat a healthy dinner. You have lots of calories for dinner. Even if you didn't, you should eat and then make it up over the week.

What kind of jerks stare at your weight over the holidays? They're too busy quaffing eggnog anyway.