Gainsgiving!!!

Options
started my day with a heavy upper push day consisting of deadlifts, bench, and shoulder presses, along with some accessory work! I also did some HIIT cardio. Appetizers have only begun and I'm easily at 1500 cals.....let's see what the actual dinner and dessert brings me to lol. Not logging at all day and not stressing but thinking I'll easily hit 5000+ calories. Gains will be made today haha! Hope everyone is enjoying their feast! So far I've had hummus with veggies and pita, spinach dip with a lot of bread, chips and dip, some coffee cake.........and the actual meal is going to be epic!

Replies

• GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,160 Member
    Options
    I just read 4500 will be the average calorie of those doing the Thanksgiving feast in the USA so you seem on target at 5000.
  • pinggolfer96
    pinggolfer96 Posts: 2,248 Member
    Options
    Let's just say my target/assumption of 5000 was an understatement......after looking at everything I ate.....I'm gonna say atkeast 6K...
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    i ran lower hypertrophy this morning and right now I am at about 6000 calories and that is probably wrong on the low side….
  • ServeJesus2008
    ServeJesus2008 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I ran less on mine had 492 calories left for me still looking for help from you pinggolfer
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    started my day with a heavy upper push day consisting of deadlifts, bench, and shoulder presses, along with some accessory work! I also did some HIIT cardio. Appetizers have only begun and I'm easily at 1500 cals.....let's see what the actual dinner and dessert brings me to lol. Not logging at all day and not stressing but thinking I'll easily hit 5000+ calories. Gains will be made today haha! Hope everyone is enjoying their feast! So far I've had hummus with veggies and pita, spinach dip with a lot of bread, chips and dip, some coffee cake.........and the actual meal is going to be epic!

Upper push day includes deadlifts???? deadlifts are a lower (full) body pulling exercise
  • pinggolfer96
    Options
    erickirb wrote: »

Upper push day includes deadlifts???? deadlifts are a lower (full) body pulling exercise

I did more of just on upper day in general, but it was focused on push. I just threw in the deadlifts out of the fact that I enjoy them!

• arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    I fit in an upper and lower power day as well as a lower Hypertrophy before gainsgiving. It was intense, probably 4-5000 yesterday and 3000-4000 today. I bulk on 2000 so yeah. I can't fit into my jeans at the moment.

I'm not sure what to lift tomorrow. I skipped upper Hypertrophy this week but Sunday should be upper power. I'm all kinds of thrown off
  • Aani15
    Aani15 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I wish I would be able to eat 3000 calories/day soon. This thread is full of motivation.
    I found one amazing fact about bulking. When I was losing weight, underestimating calories was a real temptation and I am sure it is true about bulking as well where I try to overestimate calories. Funny how brain works! :D
  • kayturnip
    kayturnip Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    bnq8gcb90gx8.jpg

Just made some lunch combined with my leftovers from the holiday haha

Glad I've been exceeding my calories this weekend but I know it will be a lot harder this week once I'm back to work. Guess I will take advantage now !
  • pinggolfer96
    Options
    I just had some leftovers as well! And plan on FINISHING the leftovers for dinner before I leave the parents house lol. Gotta take advantage of the food and wouldn't want it going to waste ;) I've had about 4 thanksgiving meals since thanksgiving lol