21 Day No Junk-Food Challenge! Join me!!!

Options
13»

Replies

• Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    H E double hockey sticks NO!!!! ;)
  • vivmom2014
    vivmom2014 Posts: 1,647 Member
    Options
    For me personally, when I tell myself I'm not going to have something, all I can think about is having it. I've rode that rollercoaster for years and it brought me nothing but obsessing over certain food items and self-recrimination. Now I just plan to have whatever it is I'm wanting, account for the calories, and move on with my day.

Amen sister.

• lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    vivmom2014 wrote: »
    lemurcat12 wrote: »
    vivmom2014 wrote: »
    I wouldn't do this at any time of the year, but *especially* not during the holidays. Good luck.

I'm not opposed to cutting things out from time to time, but the "junk" thing just seems awfully subjective. For example, when I cut out sweets I usually have a bit of cheese after dinner instead, but from a nutritional standpoint there's not a lot of difference. Same with various other things I might continue to eat (like sausage or bacon).

Anyway, it wouldn't work for me during the holidays either.

To me, a big list of arbitrary "NO!" foods inherently labels them suspect at best and bad at worst. I want to stay far away from that line of thinking.

I actually do agree with this. When I cut things out I have a specific reason for it relating to my own stuff and a particular objective. Going off of some random list of things not to eat (because "junk") wouldn't work for me.

And stuff like "no packaged food" just makes me shake my head. The eggs I get from a farm are in a carton, the meat I get from a farm is packaged, my plain Fage is in a package, dried beans are often in a package -- I really don't see the point of such a rule.

But people's mileage varies, of course. I am sure my own experiments in cutting stuff out from time to time seem weird to many others.
  • bfanny
    bfanny Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    MommyL2015 wrote: »
    Not here. There's cheesecake in my fridge and I already have a slice prelogged for later today. When there is cheesecake in my fridge, I will eat it. :)

Mmmmm I love cheesecake so...NO

• bfanny
    bfanny Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Question: what's after 21 days?
  • bpetrosky
    bpetrosky Posts: 3,911 Member
    Options
    bfanny wrote: »
    Question: what's after 21 days?

url?sa=i&source=imgres&cd=&ved=0ahUKEwjV-p2PorTJAhVDMyYKHWJ3B8IQjBwIBjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fs2.quickmeme.com%2Fimg%2Fc1%2Fc10e235be61fe9c7565c15c9e77c06d79958472c620bc6eaa6d5ec9331cc4b01.jpg&psig=AFQjCNGJE6SKCiVf_TTPyLLJl4n8erkKkw&ust=1448839567450646