Gaining and Losing the Same 2-4 Lbs...HELP

Options
2»

Replies

• phyllisgehrke
    phyllisgehrke Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    I am having the same problem, Need to lose my last 3 pounds and cannot get it off.
    Watching my calorie intake.

Cannot go to the gym like some posters said to do, as I have health issues.
    I am 66 years old and have bad knees and arthritis in my back and hip.

I am getting very frustrated, I told my husband maybe I should just have slim fast.
  • BamaBreezeNSaltAire
    BamaBreezeNSaltAire Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    Love it! I'm right there with ya. But I know my situation has more to do with too many "treats" during the weekend. I usually lose a little during the week, but then my husband comes home and meals get bigger. Plus he breaks out the bags of chips and leaves them around. I need to have better willpower with those kinds of things.

I actually don't have this problem per sei. I've been maintaining the last 3 months and recently decided to cut again. I posted this primarily for the hundreds of people who say they are "doing everything right" but not losing weight and just keep losing the same 2-4 Lbs. It is because they're eating to maintenance...whether it's do to unlogged treats, cheat days, not weighing and/or measuring...or otherwise underestimating intake and/or overestimating burn.

9 times out of 10, they're not "doing everything right" as they say they are. If they truly are doing everything right and not losing, there has to be a medical explanation...either a vitamin deficiency, allergy, medication interfering with metabolic rate, diabetes or other medical condition, insulin resistance, hormonal imbalance, etc. If people are truly doing everything right and not losing they should seek medical attention because that means something else is wrong. We are all different...but not that different.

X2