Fitbit horror!!

Options
2»

Replies

• fidangul
    fidangul Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    I think I'm making friends with fitbit. It's gonna take some time getting used to. Even though that I read the above articles and more, I think that I panicked a little. Silly I know!

@phrick I have read through lots of articles, that doesn't necessarily mean that I would "get it" on the first go. However, like you say technology can throw me a little. But I'm getting the hang of it and re-reading a few articles that I found helpful.

@craziedani I am trying to learn Thankyou and yes a refund could be an option it says so on my receipt. Great for you that you took to it well from the very start.

Thanks again to everyone. And apologies for those who think I wasted the communities space.
  • MommyL2015
    MommyL2015 Posts: 1,411 Member
    Options
    Aww, man. I was thinking I was coming into a thread where a fitbit ate someone's arm off or something. :) Just kidding. I hope to get one of these one day, but for the moment, they're above my budget's ability to purchase.
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    Enabling negative calorie adjustments like you said you did in the OP is why you started the day in a negative. This is correct.

That's because your MFP calorie limit already assumes you're going to do a certain number of steps per day according to your Activity Level (I have mine set to sedentary, about 5000 steps).

So when you wake up, you haven't done those steps yet, so MFP doesn't give you those calories yet. As the day goes on you will easily get them back. But the system is there in case of inactive days so you don't overeat.

Hope this helps.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    I wake up over 100 calories in the negative every single day. It doesn't take long to get it back to positive adjustments.
  • Merkavar
    Merkavar Posts: 3,082 Member
    Options
    I always wake up to a negative adjustment.

Your not very active while asleep are you? So it's basically as if you sat in front of the TV for 6 hours when you wake up.

Then as you get on with your day it should become more and more accurate.

Give it a few days, I was confused by my Fitbit at first too.
  • FitGamerSmoak
    FitGamerSmoak Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    @fidangul you got this! Not a waste of space you just have to adapt to new things lol. "Don't freak out, don't freak out". Lol
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    Trust me.. I freaked out big time trying to understand the numbers and how fitbit works when I first got it. I think there's quite a few threads floating around that I started with my millions of questions :lol:
  • fidangul
    fidangul Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    Today was brilliant! I guess the first days issue was that my fitbit-day started 8pm in the evening (that's when I set it up) so the device assumed that I was dead untill that time. I think anyway Haha.
  • kuranda10
    kuranda10 Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    There is also a glitch in the app, that they are aware of, where it records activities 2x if you enter manually enter them.
    Until they fix it, I only enter stuff on the PC and let it synce to the app.