What's the dumbest thing you ever did food-wise?

Options
2»

Replies

• beagletracks
    beagletracks Posts: 6,034 Member
    Options
    I made an absolutely PERFECT pumpkin cheesecake for dessert at Thanksgiving, except I forgot to add the sugar. :'(
  • pearso21123
    pearso21123 Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    I made an absolutely PERFECT pumpkin cheesecake for dessert at Thanksgiving, except I forgot to add the sugar. :'(

If I'd been drinking something just now, I would have snorted it out my nose! At least it was probably easy to resist the temptation of eating that perfect pumpkin cheesecake.
  • trossk2
    trossk2 Posts: 50 Member
    Options

Lol.
  • blu_de_ville
    blu_de_ville Posts: 4,296 Member
    Options
    I got mini alcohol bottles of the alphabet a-Apple vodka b-brandy c-captain Morgan ect. And mixed it all together and my friends and drank it
  • trossk2
    Options
    Whoa, how was that? I bet not great...
  • vegmebuff
    vegmebuff Posts: 31,389 Member
    Options
    I decided one year that I was going to present a 'healthy' dessert for Xmas dinner. So I proceeded to make a non-fat cottage cheese(dry curd) and yogurt cheese 'cake'(I know...I know...) Oh, and it was crustless too. There was no sugar in this dessert either, just a few pinches of Stevia. Lets just say the cake stuck in the pan and the whole thing just kind-of crumbled out (just like it's former cottage cheese texture). It tasted like cooked cottage cheese...

So, it's 4 pm on Xmas Day...15 guests are all on their way. What's a girl to do? So I ran out to the nearest open convenience store and bought 2 tubs of Breyer's Ice Cream - and because it was a convenience store, each tub was around $9 each too LOL

• 13bbird13
    13bbird13 Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    Eating - I once ate half a birthday cake in a single weekend.

Cooking - My one and only home-made loaf of bread came out the consistency of a cement block, I think because I used too much flour when kneading and then when it didn't really rise I figured 'oh well' and just put it in the oven anyway. I have a picture of it with the four biggest, heaviest books I own stacked on top of it, and it could probably have taken at least four more without caving in even a little bit.
  • trossk2
    Options
    That. Is. Amazing. Did you try a piece?
  • Ashtoretet
    Ashtoretet Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Skipping breakfast and making dinner the biggest meal of my day.

Eating "healthy" granola bars that were actually filled with sugar.

This. I don't care about the sugar so much, but I thought they would help me lose weight because I didn't understand that it's calories that matter, nothing else, and granola bars tend to be fairly high calorie.