Options
124»

Replies

• dewd2
    dewd2 Posts: 2,445 Member
    Options
    brudius wrote: »
    nutmegoreo wrote: »
    I found many useful tips and suggestions about juicing diet from this thread. Thank you all for sharing your ideas. Well i am completely agreed with you all specially about juicing diet because i have done it. This diet is helpful to reduce weight in a couple of weeks and we can get a great fitness easily. I suggest everyone to try juicing diet with using vegetables and fruits.

I'm not certain you read the thread.

What i took from everyone's advice was to trust MFP and eat the calories it says and follow the plan and everything will work. So i am putting my trust in the system. I have also started exercising. Nothing extreme yet, just sets of jumping jacks, yoga, and walking

Weigh yourself every week* and make adjustments. MFP is pretty good but nothing is 100% accurate for everyone. Start with the recommended calories and adjust up or down if you have to.

*I say weigh weekly since your daily weight can fluctuate wildly. Plus, you goal is to lose weight gradually. Also, be aware that if you start lifting or other strength type exercises your weight may not drop as quickly but you will still be losing fat. You have to go by measurements and feel instead of relying on the scale.
  • robertw486
    robertw486 Posts: 2,390 Member
    Options
    I found many useful tips and suggestions about juicing diet from this thread. Thank you all for sharing your ideas. Well i am completely agreed with you all specially about juicing diet because i have done it. This diet is helpful to reduce weight in a couple of weeks and we can get a great fitness easily. I suggest everyone to try juicing diet with using vegetables and fruits.

What i took from everyone's advice was to trust MFP and eat the calories it says and follow the plan and everything will work. So i am putting my trust in the system. I have also started exercising. Nothing extreme yet, just sets of jumping jacks, yoga, and walking

That will take you a lot farther than doing something that you can't do long term. And it also gives you time to find what foods keep you feeling full, give you the best energy, etc. As your weight drops, so will your calorie goals, so you slowly taper down the eating with your weight loss.

And exercise is optional. If you look in the Success Stories section there are quite a few people who have lost huge amounts of weight, and many of them didn't really do much exercise.
  • mathjulz
    mathjulz Posts: 5,514 Member
    Options
    dewd2 wrote: »

Weigh yourself every week* and make adjustments. MFP is pretty good but nothing is 100% accurate for everyone. Start with the recommended calories and adjust up or down if you have to.

*I say weigh weekly since your daily weight can fluctuate wildly. Plus, you goal is to lose weight gradually. Also, be aware that if you start lifting or other strength type exercises your weight may not drop as quickly but you will still be losing fat. You have to go by measurements and feel instead of relying on the scale.

Different strategies work for different people here, too. Many people do great weighing just weekly. They avoid the frustration of daily ups and downs.

For others (like me) it's better to weigh daily. Just realize that there is still a good deal of fluctuation from day to day. Watch for the trends. For example, I've noticed that my highs, lows, and midpoints now are about 5 pounds lower than they were 2 months ago (yes, I'm losing very slowly, there's lots of reasons for that). I might not see that if I only weighed once a week. There's even websites and spreadsheets that allow you to put in daily weights and they will show you the trends.

Just find which works better for you to feel satisfied with your progress and see whether or not you really are losing or stalling out. The rest of your plan, at this point, sounds good :smiley:
  • hope516
    hope516 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    rankinsect wrote: »
    my diet plan is that I won't give up anything for a diet that I won't give up forever. I have no intention of giving up solid food forever, so I won't give it up for a diet, either. The reason here is simple - losing weight is actually the easy part. Keeping it off is harder. The time I spend losing weight needs to be "practice" for the time I will spend maintaining, and to practice, I need to be as close to my actual final habits as I can be. That means I eat all of the foods I plan to eat when I am maintaining, but I just eat them in portions appropriate for weight loss.

this is spot on!!!