5'5" - 5'6" women- goal weight?

Options

Replies

• _HeartsOnFire_
    _HeartsOnFire_ Posts: 5,304 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5" at 172, shooting for between 130-140. I've already lost 42 lbs. Just need to get back on it.

Anyone who is motivating you can friend me, I'll motivate ya right back!
  • Onesnap
    Onesnap Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    135lbs. That's the weight that all of my clothes fit. :)

That puts me at a size 8 and I'm 5'6". I carry my weight around the middle, sadly.

I reached the goal in 2011 but I'm back at it now.
  • jessicae1aine
    Options
    I'm aiming for 125ish; this is based on the fact that I have a medium-small frame, and know that that was previously a fairly healthy weight for me. Mostly, though, I'll stop when I look and feel healthy.
  • thenewmanda
    thenewmanda Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6" and current 155lbs (started at 205). I thought I'd be happy here but I'm aiming for 145 now. It's definitely about personal preference and body types.
  • SiempreBella
    SiempreBella Posts: 125 Member
    Options
  • Onesnap
    Onesnap Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    5'6, goal weight is 120lbs. But as I'm getting closer, I may lower it a bit. Or just keep doing what I'm doing and let whatever happens happen. :tongue:

Everyone's different. I'm 5'6" and was 119 when I got married 13 years ago. On my frame the 119 was too thin. So see where you are at but I will tell you--lower than 120 is more bony than curvy.

The formula is 100 lbs for 5' tall and 5 lbs for each inch after that. So, at 5'6" that would be 130-135. That's why 120 often looks too thin on a 5'6" frame.
  • ifaber
    ifaber Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I'm exactly 5'5.5" (LOL) and my goal weight is probably somewhere between 135 and 145. But honestly, from what I have been reading and experienced, when you lift, that number doesn't mean JACK because though you may weight in at 150, you probably LOOK like you are 135-140 because of how muscle gives your body so much shape.
  • raingirl21
    raingirl21 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5" and am going for 140, but am weight training so we will see where I end up.
  • bryn10
    bryn10 Posts: 44
    Options
    I'm 5'5 and my ultimate goal is 130. Never been lower than that as an adult, and have been told with my build I would look too skinny lower than that. I think it depends on the person. My face starts to look a little sunken at that weight with my height.
  • hetx2mommy
    hetx2mommy Posts: 26
    Options
    i'm 5'5" - my first goal is 177 (a 60 lb loss from where i started - right now i have 38 more to go to get there). I think i might stop around 165 -
  • MAS91578
    MAS91578 Posts: 3
    Options
    I am 5'6 and going for 140-145, for me that is around a size 4-6 and its very thin for me.
  • udamom
    udamom Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I'm 5ft 51/2 and the goal weight I set was 160. I didn't want to set it lower as I want to be able to hit goal and then I will decide whether to keep going. Getting to and staying in the 150's just seemed impossible so 160 sounded good!
  • Sekxy49
    Sekxy49 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I'm 5' 5.5"...currently at my goal weight of 134!! When I began this trek back in November (153.5lbs), had no real idea where I wanted to be. My size was 8-10...now I am a size 6!! More tone in my body. Not bad for a 49 year old grandmother of three!! I will be celebrating my 50th birthday next month. Am pleased with my result so far, now I do enough to maintain where I'm at. Everyone is different and has goals of their own, one must choose what fits their life!!
  • norahwynn
    norahwynn Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5" and currently weigh (since my last weigh in 2 weeks ago) 151 lbs. My GW is 130 lbs, and my UGW is 120 lb. I only pick these numbers because I looked great and felt even better at 130 lb, but when I was 120 lb I felt my best. We'll see...
  • Adrasteis
    Adrasteis Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5 and my goal was 140lbs. However, I've gotten more into weight lifting than I ever thought I would so I'm aiming for 155-160lbs. I want to be toned and healthy compared to just being thin. Weight lifting makes me happy so I'm sticking to that :smile:
  • Cutemisscoco
    Options
    5'5 and goal is 110-120 depending on body appearance more than just the number.
  • sharon_moyer
    sharon_moyer Posts: 177
    Options
    I'm 5' 6" and my goal weight is 150. I chose this because I believe that it was on this site that I learned my goal weight is between 115-155. I figured that I would strive for just inside healthy.
  • krmullig
    krmullig Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    5'6" and my current goal is 150. It had originally been around 160 but I reached that and realized I'm not 100% where I want to be. Getting close though! I also have a pretty large bone structure and people have always been amazed with my actual weight so 120 would most likely make me look like a bag of bones. Cheers!
  • ClareWantsProgress
    ClareWantsProgress Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6" and was 140/size 8 for many happy years until hitting perimenopause and getting put on b/c pills for related issues/migraines, etc. Ballooned up to 170 and have been trying for 5 years to lose the weight. Am at 163 right now and soooo frustrated. My doctor wants me back at 140, and believe me, I'd like to be there too, but for now I'd be happy if I could get into the 150s again!!!! :(
  • fuzzieme
    fuzzieme Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    I'm 5 5, my goal is 129 but I'd settle for 135