something has gone wrong with my FACE!

Options
Hello everyone

Well i am writing on here as i need to know if this theory is right......

Basically been dieting now for near on a month, and my skin on my face is the WORST its ever been. constant painful spots, scarring my face a bit.....

I drink enough water, i get the right vitamins....

My theory is.... i have these spots because its all the crap being pushed out of my skin.....

Please tell me this is right, and that this will not carry on.... Its embarrassing, painful, and really not nice.

Replies

• janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    Eating at a calorie deficit won't cause "crap" to be "pushed out of your skin."

Are you eating anything different? Are you exercising more? When I began losing weight, I had more breakouts. It helped when I began washing my face before exercising (I was running in the afternoon and not always removing my foundation first).
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Can you afford to see a dermatologist? I don't think it's toxins pushing themselves out.
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    I don't know... When I changed my woe my skin cleared up. If you continue to break out I would guess you are eating something that doesn't agree with you.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    jgnatca wrote: »
    Can you afford to see a dermatologist? I don't think it's toxins pushing themselves out.

This.
  • Sophsmother
    Sophsmother Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Are you eating high fat? I just read an article yesterday saying that with the rise in popularity of higher fat diets, dermatologists are seeing an increase in adult acne. I read it online and don't know where, but it could mean something
  • FiiiiFiiiFlowerTot
    FiiiiFiiiFlowerTot Posts: 102 Member
    Options

Are you eating anything different? Are you exercising more? When I began losing weight, I had more breakouts. It helped when I began washing my face before exercising (I was running in the afternoon and not always removing my foundation first).

I am exercising more yeah, i tend to go to the gym straight from work so my make up is still on my face... (lovely hmm) so i should start taking it all off before i exercise. i am eating a lot different yes, cut out most the bad food really. A few friends had said to me it could be my skin having a detox :/
  • FiiiiFiiiFlowerTot
    Options
    jgnatca wrote: »

No i cant really :/ i feel like a pizza face lol
  • msf74
    msf74 Posts: 3,498 Member
    Options
    Ah, the curious case of

6PZMCAX.gif

Dieting can temporarily mess around with your hormone balance (especially during a woman's menstrual cycle.)

It should get better with time but if not try upping your calories and fat intake.
  • FiiiiFiiiFlowerTot
    Options
    nvmomketo wrote: »
    I don't know... When I changed my woe my skin cleared up. If you continue to break out I would guess you are eating something that doesn't agree with you.

This is a good point, maybe i need to consider if i have eaten anything new :/
  • Mallybear2020
    Mallybear2020 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    This may be very helpful. I'm sorry this is happening to you. I suggest to take off your makeup when working out and start on a routine to counter act skin issues.

http://www.realself.com/question/weight-loss-indented-acne-scars-worse
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    I love the idea upthread ( @janejellyroll ) to wash your makeup off before working out. That would be an inexpensive thing to try. I was also thinking hormone imbalance. If you've lost a lot of weight quickly there could be more hormones coursing through your system.

I see advice to both increase your fat intake and reduce your fat intake. You could try both; not at the same time of course, but I suspect diet modifying won't do much for you.
  • Duchy82
    Duchy82 Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    msf74 wrote: »
    Ah, the curious case of

6PZMCAX.gif

Dieting can temporarily mess around with your hormone balance (especially during a woman's menstrual cycle.)

It should get better with time but if not try upping your calories and fat intake.

this ^

But also, sex hormones i.e. Estrogen etc are fat soluble so as you are losing fat stores they can be released messing up hormone balance which can affect your skin ( like in puberty, sorry).
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options

I am exercising more yeah, i tend to go to the gym straight from work so my make up is still on my face... (lovely hmm) so i should start taking it all off before i exercise. i am eating a lot different yes, cut out most the bad food really. A few friends had said to me it could be my skin having a detox :/

Try taking off your make-up before you exercise (I don't use anything fancy, just one of those make-up removing wipes that come in the resealable packs). Try really hard not to touch your face while you're at the gym (the equipment can be covered with sweat and oil). If you use a towel to wipe your face, try to use a clean towel each time.

What is hitting our face from the outside (make-up, dirty towels, etc) can trigger acne as much -- if not more -- than what we are eating.
  • FiiiiFiiiFlowerTot
    Options
    Thank you everyone its all helped :):)
  • sheermomentum
    sheermomentum Posts: 827 Member
    Options

If you're not already doing it, the first thing I'd try is simply washing your face with plain water and, if you like, a gentle soap or cleanser immediately AFTER you work out. Get rid of the sweat and oil and the bacteria that enjoy them before they can do their thing. http://www.livescience.com/35443-acne-pimples-skin-problems-causes-treatments-110203.html
  • happyfeetrebel1
    happyfeetrebel1 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    It's because fat cells store estrogen. When you are losing weight all that estrogen is released into your system. When I lost over 100 lbs a few years ago, I had this same issue. I went to both my dr. and dietician and they reassured me that this is normal and will slow down. They were right!
  • hekla90
    hekla90 Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Unless you are in kidney or liver failure you aren't going to have a build up of toxins that are going to pushed out of your face.
  • Adc7225
    Adc7225 Posts: 1,318 Member
    Options
    I went through the same thing, initially medium breakouts, then pretty clear skin and then all heck broke out . . . lasted way longer than I thought it would but eventually it cleared up. I know how uncomfortable it can be but try a few mild face washes and give it some time.
  • Optimistical1
    Optimistical1 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Exact thing happened to me. I've always had a very clear comolexion. A few weeks after eating clean abd working out, my nice complexion was gone.

I started carrying a pack of the simple brand facial cleansing wipes in my workout bag and within a week or two of wiping my face down immediately pre and post workout, my complexion problem was solved.

I've tried other facial cleansing wipes, as it was cheaper to buy in bulk. For some reason, the Simple brand is the only one that worked.
  • sheermomentum
    sheermomentum Posts: 827 Member
    Options
    It's because fat cells store estrogen. When you are losing weight all that estrogen is released into your system. When I lost over 100 lbs a few years ago, I had this same issue. I went to both my dr. and dietician and they reassured me that this is normal and will slow down. They were right!

Fat cells manufacture estrogen, but they don't store it.