Gym Pet PEEVES

Options

Replies

• Bry_Fitness70
    Bry_Fitness70 Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    My top few are:

1) Grabbing your dumbbells, stepping back a half step, and exercising in front of the rack and blocking others that want to use them. Take them to the side and exercise.
    2) Not putting your weights away when done.
    3) Using more than 1 piece of equipment at a time, ie, doing circuit training while others are standing around waiting.
    4) Socializing while others are waiting to use equipment.
  • asp415
    asp415 Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    It was toooooooooooooooooo long for me I am at the office..

I wipe off the machine MYSELF. I am a germ-a-phobe so I cant touch bathroom doors and shiznit without a paper towel. Some folks dont wash their hands.

Ditto!! People have disgusting habits. I have a co-worker like that, also licks & sucks her fingers & then touches everything after. I try not to look @ her, it makes me sick to my stomach.
  • kristinadalba
    Options
    Fall over one of the ppl laying down..see the company....buy a gym for your house
    Prob solved
  • Nightterror218
    Nightterror218 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    feel who run on treadmill next to me and fart as they run.

Yes you did fart, you have headphones on so you did not hear it, but i can smell it.
  • 6spdeg
    6spdeg Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    feel who run on treadmill next to me and fart as they run.

Yes you did fart, you have headphones on so you did not hear it, but i can smell it.

oops was that me?
  • EmmieBaby
    EmmieBaby Posts: 1,235 Member
    Options
    To the gym meat head:

oh no I don't mind nearly killing myself to remove the 45lbs weights you put on the bar so it takes me more time to set up so I can do my deadlifts and squats,

I understand that you feel the need to advertise to everyone how heavy you can lift..

.oh no no, please...don't come help me when you see me struggling, don't want to have you break a nail

wait, are you laughing at me for squating the bar? really? is that needed here?

you think yourself so perfect while you laugh at my pudge, but know what...one day you will come to the gym and see me squat/deadlift heavier then you, and you wont be laughing.
  • ttippie2000
    ttippie2000 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Well, the old ladies who do water aerobics really freaked out when my boxing class did a shadow boxing workout neck deep in the water. It's not like they had anything reserved at that time, it was that they didn't think that thugs like us should exist. The staff handled it very graciously though and pointed out that the gym owner was a member of the boxing class. LOL.
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    Percentage of people who even read the first post: 10%
    Percentage of people who understood the point of this thread: 2%
  • RobP1192
    RobP1192 Posts: 310 Member
    Options

Add these to Pet PEEVES as well
  • Fredderfy
    Fredderfy Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I was on the treadmill going at it as hard as I could the other day, and the girl next to me was on the treadmill walking SOOO slow and texting. I just wanted to rip her phone out of her hand. Texting?! Why? At the gym? Just don't bother going.
  • JNick77
    JNick77 Posts: 3,783 Member
    Options
    Aside from not putting weights away this sounds like my kind of gym, can I have the address? LOL. You need to go find a Planet Fitless. :D
  • chunkydunk714
    chunkydunk714 Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    I was on the treadmill going at it as hard as I could the other day, and the girl next to me was on the treadmill walking SOOO slow and texting. I just wanted to rip her phone out of her hand. Texting?! Why? At the gym? Just don't bother going.

Who cares...its nunya...none ya business. Mind it!
  • DopeItUp
    Options
    Aside from not putting weights away this sounds like my kind of gym, can I have the address? LOL. You need to go find a Planet Fitless. :D

Sure, but I think it'd be a long drive to the Boston area ;)
  • BEERRUNNER
    BEERRUNNER Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    SHkae & bake!!
  • aggiez28
    aggiez28 Posts: 2
    Options
    Never seen someone wipe down any seat or machine EVER (despite there being spray bottles and paper towel dispensers in about 6 different locations).

that is for spraying the seats? I always thought that was to spray yourself to help you cool down. I always give my pits a quick spray or two after a heavy set.
  • oldandhealthier
    oldandhealthier Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    This is why I work out at home now...the only true judgment free zone.

I got my 15-lb dumbbells and my exercise ball in the garage and I can do what I want, dammit!
    so true
  • Bry_Fitness70
    Bry_Fitness70 Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options

I guess it is a personal preference. I go to the gym to work out in peace, not to watch people prance around & ogle themselves in the mirror, to wipe up other people's sweat, pick up their weights, or to handle their dirty towels and other personal crap in order to use the equipment. I'm lucky enough to have a fitness center where I work, so there can be reputation consequences if you act like a slob, so it is probably less common.
  • DopeItUp
    Options
    Never seen someone wipe down any seat or machine EVER (despite there being spray bottles and paper towel dispensers in about 6 different locations).

that is for spraying the seats? I always thought that was to spray yourself to help you cool down. I always give my pits a quick spray or two after a heavy set.

Those spray bottles double as a refreshing drink too.
  • IronAngel26pt2
    IronAngel26pt2 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    My biggest pet peeve is the sleeveless men who think they're better than everyone else just because they pick things up and put them down repeatedly.
    3pr1zy.jpg

^^ love this! ^^ wear what you want....
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
    :grumble: Some morons decided to f@#$ around in my lap lane last night... splashing each other and doing handstands and all that. I purposely go to a non-social gym because I wanted to AVOID that.

ETA: I should clarify. I'm nearly 6 foot tall, make wide flip turns, and swim at competition speed. Sharing a lap lane is not only nearly impossible for me (I don't want to whip someone as I swim past), but shouldn't be necessary. I'm basically paying $30 a month to use the pool. You can wait your turn for a lane just like I did. If you ask to share and I politely tell you no, move on with your life. :)

Had some kids come into my lane as I was trundling by and almost clocked one with the paddles I was using. All it took was a lecture about how not to die and it was cool, but damn. People no thinkee.