Percentage of people who even read the first post: 10%
    Percentage of people who understood the point of this thread: 2%

Add these to Pet PEEVES as well
    Thanks Pop pop!

2013-03-18-the_princess_bride-e1363633243834.jpg
  • jzammetti
    jzammetti Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    Oh I had to laugh - for real people just lay down on the floor? That sounds like a pretty horrible

I have totally done that. lol
  • DavidHusky
    DavidHusky Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I was on the treadmill going at it as hard as I could the other day, and the girl next to me was on the treadmill walking SOOO slow and texting. I just wanted to rip her phone out of her hand. Texting?! Why? At the gym? Just don't bother going.

Better on the treadmill than on my favorite, overcrowded running/walking path.
  • srslybritt
    srslybritt Posts: 1,618 Member
    Options
    I read & understood your post. :) I don't have PF near me, so I decided I'd contribute a pet peeve of my own!
  • Soyajam
    Soyajam Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I will adamantly defend myself and say I have been the victim of "laying in a pool of their own sweat" once or twice.

I deem this to be because

a) I tried F*(&ing hard that particular time
    b) I'm a fatso and I WAS GOING TO DIE
    c) Sweating due to physical exertion is what you do at a gym

Additionally I at least cleaned up the pool of sweat, and I consider this demonstration of effort to be better than the pristine people who come into the gym, do 20 minutes on a cross-trainer without so much as breathing out of place, then head home with untarnished, unsweatified clothes.

</rant>

The littering/ leaving crap on the ground, though... hmmm. Not into that at all.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    i cut and paste this from my profile today becuase I got teed off while working out..

...wow talk about MF'ing morons in the gym today....is everyone trying to piss me off????

Moron #1 some freaking old dude..I am setting up to do weighted pulls and have the little step up thing but the trainer and this chick are finishing up just behind the pull up station so I wait and grab a drink from my water bottle right as they finish up the F'r looks at me steps over my set up and starts doing F'ing 5pound single arm rows! I am like WTF...so he finished I do first set; then come back around to do second set and the ****er steps right in front of me - says nothing - and does more F'ing 5# arm rows...now I am pissed...so the next time I see him walking over I cut him off and do my thing...then he trys to do the **** again and I cut him off again....grrrrrrrr

moron #2 - I am doing DB lat raises and he comes walking behind me and I am thinking "this dude must see me..." well he just walks right next to me and I almost nail him in the face with a 40# dumbbell ..I was damn bro pay attention to your freaking surroundings.... wowzers...OK rant over...normal programming will resume..I hope...

Crap like this pisses me off...I don't really care about grunting, or chicks in makeup, or slamming weights down - hell I do that on deads sometimes, can't help it...

oh please freaking re-rack your weights people!!!!!!
  • anemoneprose
    anemoneprose Posts: 1,805 Member
    Options
    It's all about the management, for sure, they have to set a tone. Apparently the tone at your gym is 'Lord of the Flies'.

My peeves:

- gorillas who are not even embarrassed about staring at you, and even slow down to walk around you a bunch of times. Gross. Sometimes I feel like letting go of my dumbbell midswing (when I am doing swings, I don't swing randomly, lol).

- gangs of 3-5 teenagers who cluster around the cable machine and do a million sets.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    Lol :flowerforyou:

The last paragraph is essential.

IN to see how many people don't read it.

whoops that would be I ...I re-posted my gym rant from earlier..oh well...stupid people piss me off whether they are in the gym or in the grocery store...
  • anemoneprose
    anemoneprose Posts: 1,805 Member
    Options
    :grumble: Some morons decided to f@#$ around in my lap lane last night... splashing each other and doing handstands and all that. I purposely go to a non-social gym because I wanted to AVOID that.

ETA: I should clarify. I'm nearly 6 foot tall, make wide flip turns, and swim at competition speed. Sharing a lap lane is not only nearly impossible for me (I don't want to whip someone as I swim past), but shouldn't be necessary. I'm basically paying $30 a month to use the pool. You can wait your turn for a lane just like I did. If you ask to share and I politely tell you no, move on with your life. :)

Sorry, what? You expect to have a whole lane to yourself? I mean I understand the need in your case, but that's kind of a luxury in a typical gym. Maybe try a university pool.

but yeah, the handstands, that would drive me nuts too.
  • shadowkat57
    shadowkat57 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    feel who run on treadmill next to me and fart as they run.

Yes you did fart, you have headphones on so you did not hear it, but i can smell it.

Oh yeah, sorry about that...
  • 808haoleboy
    808haoleboy Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Funny Post. :)

I cannot STAND ANYONE WHO DOES FREAKING CURLS IN THE SQUAT RACK! ITS A SQUAT RACK!!!

Go do curls in front of the mirror!
  • MiamiKid305
    MiamiKid305 Posts: 357
    Options
    Laugh all you want at Planet Fitness. But I have to say, it's the cleanest, and most courteous gym I've ever been to. They have paper towels with a spray cleaner setup all over the floor. Everyone wipes down the equipment. They will CALL YOU OUT (with the Lunk Alarm) if you grunt or yell. They will terminate your contract if you are talking on your cell phone and leaving your stuff all over the place. I constantly see the staff walking around and cleaning or picking up something.

Sure they don't have barbells, spin classes or yoga. But it's a basic gym with lots of cardio, machines, dumbbells, and presses. Oh and it's $10/mo no contract.

Beat that LA Fitness!!

Sounds like a good gym... FOR *****ES. People that hocker the water fountain... Its the worst thing ever
  • MiamiKid305
    Options
    If you say curl in the squat rack go kill yourself or find a gym with a thousand squat racks
  • MiamiKid305
    Options
    Most of you go to the gym to see what other people are doing... Just mind your own business and let people do what they feel is right
  • DalekBrittany
    DalekBrittany Posts: 1,748 Member
    Options
    If you say curl in the squat rack go kill yourself or find a gym with a thousand squat racks

That's quite an overreaction.
  • BlackBeltInTraining
    BlackBeltInTraining Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I despise the fact that many people do not clean up the seats and also many people are very judgmental. Also, Where I used to work out many parents of my students would go to as well, so I was not able to work out in peace. Due to this, I have decided to stick to running and weight lifting within the safety of my house.
  • MiamiKid305
    Options

That's quite an overreaction.

Its not.. Its just old, people need to get over it
  • bio01979
    bio01979 Posts: 313
    Options
    :grumble: Some morons decided to f@#$ around in my lap lane last night... splashing each other and doing handstands and all that. I purposely go to a non-social gym because I wanted to AVOID that.

ETA: I should clarify. I'm nearly 6 foot tall, make wide flip turns, and swim at competition speed. Sharing a lap lane is not only nearly impossible for me (I don't want to whip someone as I swim past), but shouldn't be necessary. I'm basically paying $30 a month to use the pool. You can wait your turn for a lane just like I did. If you ask to share and I politely tell you no, move on with your life. :)

while I agree it is a p.i.t.a sharing a lane and I too swim hard and train like a competitive swimmer - if I went there I wouldn't ask you, I would get in and start swimming - they pay their money too :P but playing around is unacceptable
  • samcat2000
    samcat2000 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    feel who run on treadmill next to me and fart as they run.

Yes you did fart, you have headphones on so you did not hear it, but i can smell it.

totally THIS...it's so distracting :sick: ! the cardio area in my gym is surrounded by a 200m track. if you're going to fart, can't you take it to the track please? and if you're 3 treadmills down from me and i can still smell your 4-day old sweat there's a prob. wash you're freaking clothes from time to time. yes gyms are odorous but sometimes it's too much. i've been going to the same gym for 10 years so obviously the farting and occasional overwhelming BO are not a deal breakers but you asked.
  • DesireeAshley90
    DesireeAshley90 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I was on the treadmill going at it as hard as I could the other day, and the girl next to me was on the treadmill walking SOOO slow and texting. I just wanted to rip her phone out of her hand. Texting?! Why? At the gym? Just don't bother going.

Who cares...its nunya...none ya business. Mind it!

Sounds like she's one of the "texters" lol