Naked and bolthouse drinks

Options
2»

Replies

• wearmi1
    wearmi1 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    I love the "bluemachine" Naked juice. It's got 50% of your daily fiber needs so that's my go to naked juice if I'm in a pinch and need to pick one up for a snack. If you like them and they help you get some fruits and veggies then in my opinion drink them. It's your weight loss journey!
  • talialinn
    talialinn Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    NO, absolutely not! They are sugar, sugar, sugar, regardless of where that sugar is coming from, it will still spike your blood sugar levels. No, just stay away from processed, bottled juice, unless it is cold-pressed, unpasteurized and organic with no added sugars, and even then only allow yourself like 4-6 ounces a day.
  • murp4069
    murp4069 Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    I personally like them every now and then. I agree with some of the others through that I can't always justify the amount of calories in one bottle. Quite frequently in these types of juices I notice that one bottle has 2 or 2.5 servings, so keep an eye on that if you need to. For me, I don't tend to eat breakfast because I'm not hungry, but if I am a little hungry or on the run they totally satisfy me. Otherwise for snacking, I'd prefer to eat an apple or carrots, which has less calories and fills me up as much as an entire serving of juice.
  • smilezishere
    smilezishere Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    talialinn wrote: »
    NO, absolutely not! They are sugar, sugar, sugar, regardless of where that sugar is coming from, it will still spike your blood sugar levels. No, just stay away from processed, bottled juice, unless it is cold-pressed, unpasteurized and organic with no added sugars, and even then only allow yourself like 4-6 ounces a day.

I'm with @talialinn . Naked juice has a really HIGH amount of sugars. Just go with real fruits and nothing bottled. Unless you're going to do a VERY intense workout like an hour straight of high intensity interval training or a 2 hour workout shortly after drinking it (the sugars are a good source for immediate energy) then I wouldn't suggest it.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options

If your objection is sugar, why would cold-pressing, unpasteurized, and organic be your recommendation? None of those three things change the sugar content of the juice.
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options

Lol.....If you like them and can fit them into your calories, then I don't see why you couldn't drink them. One doesn't gain weight from eating certain foods, weight gain happens with calorie surplus. It's all about the calories.

My sugar gliders love the green one in their staple diet. B)
  • robot_potato
    robot_potato Posts: 1,535 Member
    Options
    I like the bolthouse mocha or chocolate protein for a treat. And they are just that, a treat. I fit it in to my calorie allowance, no harm done.
  • wuxitan
    wuxitan Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Bolthouse has good organic options. I like the carrot juice or the protein mixes if I'm out and need food. Carrot juice is a really good option for breastfeeding or pregnant women.
  • talialinn
    Options

If your objection is sugar, why would cold-pressing, unpasteurized, and organic be your recommendation? None of those three things change the sugar content of the juice.

Yes, thank you :) I was thinking if you were trying to get more nutrients and vitamins into your diet, you might want to do a green juice. 4-6 oz. of a good quality juice with no additives can give you a quick vitamin and mineral boost without overloading you with too much sugar. Those naked juices and otherwise, usually come in 16oz containers with nutrition info on the back saying that half the bottle is one serving. If you drink the whole bottle of some of those, you could be getting 40-60g or more of sugar in one sitting!

Please see below links for crazy sugar content in these "juices":
    http://nakedjuice.com/our-products/juice/green-machine
    http://nakedjuice.com/our-products/juice/pomegranate-acai

In comparison check out my faves for a bottled juice treat:
    http://www.vitaljuice.com/juices/classics/spanvitalspan-greens
    http://www.vitaljuice.com/juices/classics/spanvitalspan-melon
  • talialinn
    Options
    wuxitan wrote: »
    Bolthouse has good organic options. I like the carrot juice or the protein mixes if I'm out and need food. Carrot juice is a really good option for breastfeeding or pregnant women.

That's a pretty cool bit about carrot juice and pregnancy! Thanks!