Replies

• mikeski52
    mikeski52 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Awesome job!
  • kmleaf
    kmleaf Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Super job! You look great but I bet you feel even better. What you have accomplished is beyond life changing...it's life saving. Keep up the good work!
  • ShaneLynch1972
    ShaneLynch1972 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    fabulous. May I ask, where did you get the will power all of a sudden to make the change? My husband is overweight and I feel he will never get the motivation to lose the weight.

My legs were hurting so bad i finally said "ENOUGH!" I felt trapped inside my body because I could not do things that I wanted to do because of my weight. The next day I downloaded a calorie count app and started walking. Just little walks at first. I also cut out all of the sweets, junk food and fast food and started to utilize portion control and eating non-processed foods. Now I play VolleyBall at the gym two times a week and walk 6-10 miles a day. Next year I plan on going zip-lining, horseback riding, and for the first time in about 15 years I will be able to ride all the rides at an local amusement park. My future has never looked better! :)
  • ShaneLynch1972
    Options
    joinn68 wrote: »
    Well first of all congratulations.
    Now, how do you do that!!?? There was xvanity a couple of weeks ago with 100+ in just over 6 months... what kind of dedication do you have? Where do you take the motivation day in day out? :o

Lots of walking and eating right is how I did it. My motivation comes from just wanting to not be limited on what I can do. I also have an amazing support group at work, home, and on social media. They help keep me going!!
  • ShaneLynch1972
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Thanks for all the great comments. It's that support that keeps me going!! Last Thursday when I weighed, I was at 133.3 pounds lost. My next "Weigh Day" is tomorrow!!
  • missravae
    missravae Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Amazing work and dedication!
  • bmayes2014
    bmayes2014 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    fabulous. May I ask, where did you get the will power all of a sudden to make the change? My husband is overweight and I feel he will never get the motivation to lose the weight.

My legs were hurting so bad i finally said "ENOUGH!" I felt trapped inside my body because I could not do things that I wanted to do because of my weight. The next day I downloaded a calorie count app and started walking. Just little walks at first. I also cut out all of the sweets, junk food and fast food and started to utilize portion control and eating non-processed foods. Now I play VolleyBall at the gym two times a week and walk 6-10 miles a day. Next year I plan on going zip-lining, horseback riding, and for the first time in about 15 years I will be able to ride all the rides at an local amusement park. My future has never looked better! :)

Amazing! I love this ^^^ Powerful and encouraging! have fun ziplining!! Congrats and you look great!!
  • rkit03
    rkit03 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Wow! So inspiring! Awesome job! :)
  • ICameToGetDown
    ICameToGetDown Posts: 958 Member
    Options
    Wow! How awesome. Enjoy all the rides :-)
  • Cheryl7777
    Cheryl7777 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    What a new lease on life! Congratulations!
  • MathildaZ
    MathildaZ Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Great work :) congratz
  • ShaneLynch1972
    Options
    143 pounds lost now. lihcqpjnj7cw.jpg
  • djnusch
    djnusch Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Awesome, you started at the same weight I did, but it is taking me a lot longer to do what you are doing. Any problems with loose skin losing that much weight that fast?
  • ShaneLynch1972
    Options
    The loose skin isn't as bad as I thought it would be. I have very little under my biceps which will be filled once I start working with some weights. I have some on my stomach but not too bad. The worst is the upper inside of my thighs because my legs were so big. Even they are starting to look better than they did.
  • djnusch
    djnusch Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    That's encouraging, thanks you are very inspirational.
  • mmnv79
    mmnv79 Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    Well done!
  • greenninjadrops100mfp
    Options
    Great job! You look amazing!
  • ShaneLynch1972
    Options
    Thank you all for the awesome comments. They go a long way!! :)
  • janecl
    janecl Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Wow, amazing difference! Way to go!
  • ShaneLynch1972
    Options
    150.2 pounds lost nowvar6111wdhj5.jpeg
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!