Look at this visual 250 lb woman vs 120 lb woman (pic)

Options

Replies

• kazhowe
    kazhowe Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Makes us think carefully about what we are going to do from this point on!
  • mrsslls
    mrsslls Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Wow
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    This is powerful
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    The joints are very interesting to me. Ouchy.
  • Alliwan
    Alliwan Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    Very enlightening. That visual is seared into my brain now. I'll be able to call it up when I need the extra willpower to say "no."

My thoughts exactly. I will remember this picture when I'm tempted to overeat.

i actually saved it as my desktop picture so ill remember all day everyday, i weigh more than 250lbs so i know im worse than she is, how horrible and how bad ive been treating my body!
  • littleburgy
    littleburgy Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    There is a really interesting BBC documentary on YT about weight loss and a woman had a scan like that done, too. I had no idea the body could accumulate fat inside you like that as well. Eeeeek!

The woman started eating healthier and losing weight and her second scan looked better, including on the insides. Wow!
  • shutyourpieholeandsquat
    Options
    I'm gonna go for a run now.....
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    The joints are very interesting to me. Ouchy.

Yeah, that was interesting to me also.
  • janinab75
    janinab75 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Wow, very powerful image. Thanks for sharing! A great reminder about what we do to our bodies when we let ourselves "go" and do not concentrate on being healthy and good to ourselves.
  • addysolari
    addysolari Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Great post.

I guess big boned doesn't count as an excuse anymore huh
  • Mini_horse_lover
    Mini_horse_lover Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    It's pretty sad really how her bones and muscle have been stretched out due to the fat. It's just so unnatural looking.
    I hope that lady got the help she needs. I don't ever want a scan done of me, I would look horrible lol! I am bad enough on the outside.
  • nelinelineli
    nelinelineli Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    Thank you for this op! An extremely powerful image showing the effect of extra weight on skeletal frame and internal organs, not just the exterior as we often think.
  • junnieann
    Options
    If that don't want you to lose I don't know what will. Thanks for the pic.
  • Bssh
    Bssh Posts: 123
    Options
    Bump. Truly shocking and a reminder to myself never to let myself creep back up in weight.
  • chilicoco
    chilicoco Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    bump
  • egrusy
    egrusy Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    This is a very powerful image; well worth the bumps it's getting
  • etoiles_argentees
    etoiles_argentees Posts: 2,827 Member
    Options
    wow!!!
  • progressnotperfection84
    Options
    Bumping
  • QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Options
    It is not just the adipose tissue that sets them apart. Look at the hip, knee and especially the ankle joints. All look compressed and out of alignment. I would like to see a back view as well because I know my back suffered with the extra weight I was carrying and is much better now.

Seeing this really brings it home the kind of damage being overweight can do to your body, damage that we can't see. Just because you do not have diabetes or high blood pressure etc does not mean you are healthy on the inside.

Exactly what I noticed first off. Obesity will causes actual deformity of bone tissue that is not reversible. Happily, the other effects are much more likely to be.
  • james6998
    james6998 Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    What would be even more amazing is, if it was the same woman before after same scene. Then you could really get a good idea.