Look at this visual 250 lb woman vs 120 lb woman (pic)

Options
12346»

Replies

• blackcloud13
    blackcloud13 Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    That's an image I won't forget in a hurry ...
    Thanks for posting
  • rayonrainbows
    rayonrainbows Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    holy wow. what an eye-opener
  • linsey0689
    linsey0689 Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    Love this thanks for posting :)
  • seliinac
    seliinac Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    I agree that bone changes will take place but also wanted to point out that these scans are generally done supine, so how the ankle looking 'off' is merely because of the way she let it fall when relaxed.
  • chubber231
    chubber231 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Bump - to remind me
  • flumi_f
    flumi_f Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting. I wasn't at 113 (97 highest ever, 12yrs ago, more than high enough), but I want to get to 55.... 13.5kg to go!
  • Kattarra
    Kattarra Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I agree that bone changes will take place but also wanted to point out that these scans are generally done supine, so how the ankle looking 'off' is merely because of the way she let it fall when relaxed.

Exactly. This is not a picture of her entire body. An MRI scan takes slices through the body, similar to slicing a loaf of bread and looking at each slice individually. These images are one slice through the body about 10 millimeters wide. The slices are straight, the human body is not so it would be impossible to have the same exact slice through two bodies shaped so differently.

Now, that being said, I have done MRI scans on thousands of patients in my career, many many of them overweight, and have seen a lot of ankle and knee joints. Most of the time, the overweight ones have more narrowing of the joints and arthritic changes than the normal weight ones.

I will try to find some pics and post them.
  • dawn_h_d
    dawn_h_d Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Kinda depressing for me. I just hit my 40 lb down mark today and I am at 245 now. I was just thinking of how much healthier I am from where I was 40 lbs ago, then I see that. Geesh.

Edited because I can't read, then suddenly I could read again. :noway:
  • Winnick
    Winnick Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Wow, Im quite taken with ur post. It definitly reenergized my weight loss adventure. Thank you for you post!!! Its great medicine for me to keep on. Blessings!
  • lorihalsted
    lorihalsted Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Thigh gap finally achieved at 120 lbs!!!! Seriously, this comparison does shed light on the difference weight makes on our bodies.
  • _Emma_Problema_
    _Emma_Problema_ Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    They're comparing an obese woman to a chick who's 120 lbs at 5'5"? Hmmm.

I guess I understand why they did that (maximum shock value) but they could probably do with comparing her to someone in a bit healthier weight range. And with more muscle mass.
  • QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Options
    They're comparing an obese woman to a chick who's 120 lbs at 5'5"? Hmmm.

I guess I understand why they did that (maximum shock value) but they could probably do with comparing her to someone in a bit healthier weight range. And with more muscle mass.

I wasn't aware that 120 lbs at 5'5" was an unhealthy weight. BMI calculator says:

BMI = 19.97.

BMI is between 18.5 and 24.9 (Normal Weight)
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    It is not just the adipose tissue that sets them apart. Look at the hip, knee and especially the ankle joints. All look compressed and out of alignment. I would like to see a back view as well because I know my back suffered with the extra weight I was carrying and is much better now.

Seeing this really brings it home the kind of damage being overweight can do to your body, damage that we can't see. Just because you do not have diabetes or high blood pressure etc does not mean you are healthy on the inside.
    Yes...the joints ....it's painful just to look knowing the pain it causes having that much more weight to bear down on your knees, hips, feet...

These photos are real eye openers

• Qskim
    Qskim Posts: 1,145 Member
    Options
    It is not just the adipose tissue that sets them apart. Look at the hip, knee and especially the ankle joints. All look compressed and out of alignment. I would like to see a back view as well because I know my back suffered with the extra weight I was carrying and is much better now.

Seeing this really brings it home the kind of damage being overweight can do to your body, damage that we can't see. Just because you do not have diabetes or high blood pressure etc does not mean you are healthy on the inside.

I wish I could see the feet too. Really interesting.
  • Captain_Wobbles
    Captain_Wobbles Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    :o their lady gardens are showing
  • lynder64
    lynder64 Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Off to do the treadmill!!! Nothing like a good dose of motivation!