Geeky girl looking to make some awesome friends!

Options

Replies

• Fairysoul
    Fairysoul Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    I am geeky too, will you add me as a friend? I need more!
  • venekamph
    venekamph Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    All of this, yes. I want all of you to be my friends. I will bask in the geekery goodness.
  • tifftaffy
    tifftaffy Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    if you're into Otome, there's an app I recently downloaded from google play last month, and its gotten me to do sit ups, squats and push ups daily. It's Burn Your Fat With Me (for girls). Yeah, the main character that you deal with is a complete jerk at first, but it's really a cute story line once you finish it, and I feel compelled daily to do at least three training sessions daily (so that I can advance my storylines). It's been done in English and Japanese, and if you enjoy Japanese with English subtitles, i believe that they have that ability too.

Besides this, I'm into gaming, mostly computers- gw2, wow, have played Rift, but then I got into some Steam Otome games, and I've found myself not feeling like logging onto gw2 as much. Into sci-fi, mythical, magical, fantasy... Oh speaking of which on my tablet I found Alice in the Heart (zomg so great), I don't even want to admit how much time I've logged on that game :blush:
  • Doug_T
    Doug_T Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Geeky guy. In need of motivation as well.
  • chelstiel
    chelstiel Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Ayyy. 18, 5"4, currently 155 lbs hoping to get down to 120. :smiley:

I love video games (I'm willing to try anything except RTS because I'm hella bad at it). Fav game has to be Fallout 3. Can't afford a lot of games so I just watch YouTubers. I love Funhaus and Rooster Teeth. I watched Supernatural, Sherlock, OITNB, Orphan Black. I love Star Trek more than life. <3
  • Pomodori
    Pomodori Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Hi!
    I love to revel in my geekiness too :-D

I'm 31, 5'5", 204 pounds. I'm looking to get down to 170 firstof all.

My interests are likely too vast to mention, but mainly Anime and Sci-Fi :wink:
  • sweetgeeek
    sweetgeeek Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I'm a full time artist traveling the country working comic cons. I live and breathe geeky culture!

I love BTVS, Agent Carter, TMNT, Supernatural, Doctor Who, Rick and Morty and so much more.

Looking for new friends to keep each other motivated. Have lost 50lbs and have 50 more to go!
  • Spliner1969
    Spliner1969 Posts: 3,233 Member
    Options
    Geeks unite! lol

Love to see more geeks like me taking an interest in getting in better shape. I think being in IT all these years almost killed me with the desk jobs. I was thinking the other day what I really needed for vacation next year was a good scifi convention. Then I started to think about a costume for said convention.. then I realized I wasn't getting any work done and had to give up that train of thought. Welcome to MFP everyone! I'm an older geek, I grew up with things like Logan's Run, Alien, Buck Rogers, etc. but if anyone needs a friend feel free to add me.
  • Khovde07
    Khovde07 Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    Doug_T wrote: »
    Geeky guy. In need of motivation as well.

All geeks are welcome!
  • zombiemomjo
    zombiemomjo Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    Geeky mama, here! Got my degree in Anthropology to be able to study monkeys in Central/South America. Ended up in IT instead. Big fan of Doctor Who, Supernatural, Star Wars, Star Trek, Alien and anything zombie related (I'm like a zombie hipster-my favorite movie when I was like 9 was the original Dawn of the Dead).
  • stormbornkraken
    stormbornkraken Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    whimsy38 wrote: »
    I teach high school English and love everything Whedon, tv, movie , and comics. Also love Harry Potter and really good young adult sci-if/fantasy. I also run a student writers club.

I love seeing all the Geek girl posts lately. Add me if you like :)

Whimsy is here so I knew she was in good company! *waves* Hello lovelies!! Keep being awesome! B)
  • Beccawho1977
    Beccawho1977 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I teach History and am a huge TWD fan! Just went to the first Stalker Walker Con here in Atlanta!
  • rankinsect
    rankinsect Posts: 2,238 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    I saw the thread title and figured I should be friends with you... then I saw your user name and realized I already am :smiley:

My own geekiness includes:

Movies: Star Wars, LOTR, Back to the Future, Indiana Jones, Total Recall, Robocop, Blade Runner, Aliens, Galaxy Quest, The Last Starfighter, Willow, etc.

Books: LOTR, A Song of Ice and Fire, Hitchhiker's Guide, Dune, most of the works of Weiss and Hickman (Dragonlance, Deathgate, etc.), anything by Neil Gaiman, Kingkiller Chronicles, Malazan Book of the Fallen, Snow Crash, Hyperion, Canticle for Leibowitz, anything by Jules Verne (my avatar should be clue enough that I like that sort of thing).

TV: Babylon 5, Babylon 5, Babylon 5. Favorite show for sure. Also Trek in all incarnations, Farscape, Game of Thrones, Dr. Who, Halt and Catch Fire (where I show my tech geek side)

Anime: steins;gate, any of the Nasuverse (e.g. Fate/stay night), Index, Death Note, Code Geass, SAO, Accel World, almost everything by Studio Ghibli, Read or Die, Aldnoah Zero

Games: Skyrim, BioShock, the Tales series, the classic Final Fantasy series (I prefer 1-6), the Assassin's Creed games, Brutal Legend, Pillars of Eternity, Planescape: Torment, The Longest Journey, The 7th Guest, Divinity: Original Sin, the Quest for Glory series, Secret of Mana, Chrono Trigger, Parasite Eve, Etrian Odyssey series, Legend of Zelda series, the Castlevania series particularly SOTN, Touhou although I suck at danmaku games, and about fifty bajillion other games.
  • chriss_bt
    chriss_bt Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone

I am SOO glad I found this post. I'll feel free to bask in all this glorious geekyness!! I am HUGE Harry Potter fan, love LotR, Sherlock, game of thrones!!

I'm 29, 230 hoping to get down to 140 and stay there!!! Yo-yo'd most of my life.

Feel free to add me, hoping to connect with other ladies who are in the same boat!! ;)
  • lulufitmfp
    lulufitmfp Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I'm more of a geek in the aspect of PC Gamers! I am currently obssessed with Fallout! Any Steam gamers add me! ;)
  • llarian
    llarian Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I'm pretty simple: Star Trek:TOS, limited anime [Samurai Champloo, Blood+, Ghost in the Shell, etc.], lots of manga [shoujo, seinen mostly], and a gentle appreciation for Doctor Who.

I'm 190lbs hoping to get down, get down to 130-ish town! Yay for geekiness! :3 Anyone can feel free to add me~
  • HarleighzMom
    HarleighzMom Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Marvel, DC, Star Wars, and Doctor Who here. I am a noob to the geek life-my husband and daughter sucked me in, and I love it! I was actually "in the closet" about my transition to geek until Barnes and Noble had Star Wars cardboard cut outs and I started playing with them. My poor work friends had NO CLUE. It was fun. Now my desk is covered in WW and Groot gifts from customers.

Trying to lose 30 pounds. My first reward will be that I can finally wear my Poison Ivy costume that I spent I don't know how many hours making 30 pounds ago to ComiCon! Then I'll be motivated enough to finish my Ms. Marvel costume (hopefully)!

I hope you add me!
  • Khovde07
    Khovde07 Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    I'm so glad that so many people share in the geekiness! I'm so happy I started this thread and found so many awesome people! I just have to tell all of you the awesome Christmas present my hubby got me that only geeks will appreciate. I got a language book so I can learn how to speak Dothraki from Game of Thrones! Eeek! I'm so excited!
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/3566-the-geek-squid

MFP group search is still wonky but here's a group anyone is welcomed to join
  • GeekdGirl
    GeekdGirl Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Sorry, I am not a geek