Geeky girl looking to make some awesome friends!

Options
Hi everybody!

I'm a woman reveling in all my geeky awesomeness and looking for people to share in it. I'm hoping more of my MFP friends will get my references when I post them on my wall. I love motivating and encouraging people with geeky quotes and references!

About me: I'm 26, 5'6", and currently 205 pounds. I'm hoping to get down to 150 eventually. Currently on 1410 calories/day. I enjoy class-style workouts at my gym like Zumba, Cize, Body Barre, etc. I also dislike most vegetables (they're the food my food eats). But I'm finding a good balance in my daily foods.

My geeky interests are:
Game of Thrones, Firefly, Harry Potter, Doctor Who, BBC Sherlock, World of Warcraft, Avatar: The Last Airbender, Legend of Korra, Star Trek, Star Wars, Full Metal Alchemist, Marvel,The IT Crowd, LoTR, the Percy Jackson Series, Books in general (I'm a huge bookworm), History, Anthropology, Biology and other natural sciences, Mythology (Greek, Norse, Roman), and a bunch of other stuff.

What do you geek out for?

Feel free to add me and we'll bask in our mutual geekiness!

Replies

• Khovde07
    Khovde07 Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    dubird wrote: »

I actually got in on that one very late after it started and there were too many people to sift through, so I thought I'd try out my own :smile:
  • DoctahJenn
    DoctahJenn Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    *clears throat* I could swear I heard the sound of someone mentioning Doctor Who all the way from my personal feed.

((Also Marvel everything, and Star Wars, and MMOs, and Firefly, and board games... do I need to continue?)
  • Khovde07
    Options
    @DoctahJenn added you!
  • ArwenP
    ArwenP Posts: 53 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Arwen is my real name; I had a Geek destiny from the start. LoTR for sure, Harry Potter, Percy Jackson, Ender's Game, Dune, GoT, Doctor Who, etc most Sci-fi and Fantasy in general. Also a big book worm; I have my library card number memorized. And to top it off, I double majored in Anthropology and Linguistics with a minor in Classics. Bring on the Geek! I'm also looking to drop about 60lbs. Anyone, feel free to add me. :)
  • Rachel0778
    Rachel0778 Posts: 1,701 Member
    Options
    I'm always a fan of fellow geeks! I'm a fellow Anthropology major (culturally focused but I love them all!). I'm a huge reader and love fantasy, especially Margaret Atwood and post-apocalyptic themed novels. For TV: Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Firefly, Game of Thrones, RWBY, Harry Potter, and way too many more to name
  • Khovde07
    edited December 2015
    Options
    ArwenP wrote: »
    Arwen is my real name; I had a Geek destiny from the start. LoTR for sure, Harry Potter, Percy Jackson, Ender's Game, Dune, GoT, Doctor Who, etc most Sci-fi and Fantasy in general. Also a big book worm; I have my library card number memorized. And to top it off, I double majored in Anthropology and Linguistics with a minor in Classics. Bring on the Geek! I'm also looking to drop about 60lbs. Anyone, feel free to add me. :)

I love Ender's Game! I read Speaker for the Dead as well, but haven't read any others yet.
  • whimsy38
    whimsy38 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I teach high school English and love everything Whedon, tv, movie , and comics. Also love Harry Potter and really good young adult sci-if/fantasy. I also run a student writers club.

I love seeing all the Geek girl posts lately. Add me if you like :)
  • dubird
    dubird Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    Khovde07 wrote: »
    dubird wrote: »

I actually got in on that one very late after it started and there were too many people to sift through, so I thought I'd try out my own :smile:

Well there's also some other good stuff in there, so it's worth looking through when you have time. ^_^
  • murphey21
    murphey21 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    friend request sent!
  • LowCoffinLucifie
    LowCoffinLucifie Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Khovde07 wrote: »
    Hi everybody!

I'm a woman reveling in all my geeky awesomeness and looking for people to share in it. I'm hoping more of my MFP friends will get my references when I post them on my wall. I love motivating and encouraging people with geeky quotes and references!

About me: I'm 26, 5'6", and currently 205 pounds. I'm hoping to get down to 150 eventually. Currently on 1410 calories/day. I enjoy class-style workouts at my gym like Zumba, Cize, Body Barre, etc. I also dislike most vegetables (they're the food my food eats). But I'm finding a good balance in my daily foods.

My geeky interests are:
    Game of Thrones, Firefly, Harry Potter, Doctor Who, BBC Sherlock, World of Warcraft, Avatar: The Last Airbender, Legend of Korra, Star Trek, Star Wars, Full Metal Alchemist, Marvel,The IT Crowd, LoTR, the Percy Jackson Series, Books in general (I'm a huge bookworm), History, Anthropology, Biology and other natural sciences, Mythology (Greek, Norse, Roman), and a bunch of other stuff.

What do you geek out for?

Feel free to add me and we'll bask in our mutual geekiness!

Let just say I'm right there with you Anime, Manga, comics, GAME OF THRONES!, doctor who, BBC merlin, books, books, and more books, games, lol almost everything to a T that you posted and then some ;)
  • ForeverSunshine09
    ForeverSunshine09 Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    I personally geek out on all superhero movies, history stuff, Investigation Discovery, Ghost shows, Invader Zim, most Disney movies, I will pretty watch any animated movie that comes out in theaters, Abbott and Costello, The Eastside Kids, John Candy movies. I am sure there is a lot more.
  • vespiquenn
    vespiquenn Posts: 1,455 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    25 year old video game nerd here. Actually just ordered some video game inspired workout clothing and I'm like a 5 year old waiting for Christmas morning.

But I'm also a comic book nerd as well as in love with things like Harry Potter, Game of Thrones, ect. I've even done a few paintings of characters (I am an art teacher). Feel free to add me if you'd like. :smile:
  • My_Butt
    My_Butt Posts: 2,300 Member
    Options
    I'm 28 and 5'7" at 146lbs. I love superheroes, comic books (mainly the batman universe), I travel across states to go to conventions and do cosplays. My motto for training hard is 'What Would Batman Do?'
  • geminiswede
    geminiswede Posts: 903 Member
    Options
    I'm 28, 5'11 and currently 276 trying to get down to about 180. I'm a HUGE Harry Potter nerd and do quite a bit of gaming (mostly PC, but some Xbox as well), with some interest in Doctor Who, Game of Thrones, and some other things as well.

As far as games, I'm mostly playing WoW and Minecraft (on a HP server) at the moment, but I'm a pretty big bioware fangirl and will divert to replaying Dragon Age or Mass Effect quite a bit.

Anyone can feel free to add me. I don't post on my own wall very often, but read and like what others have posted pretty consistently.
  • sweet4keeps22
    sweet4keeps22 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    I never expected to see so many geeky/gamer ladies here!! I have always geeked out to my professional interests (neuropsychology/psychology/forensics). My fandoms span the genres of TV, movie, books, and gaming. I'm a hardcore Whedonite (esp. Firefly/Serenity, Buffy, Angel, Dr. Horrible, & Avengers). I love all things zombie/post-apocalyptic (esp. The Walking Dead). I also love Harry Potter, Hunger Games, LoTR, IT Crowd, Merlin, etc., too many to name. I've transitioned from MMO's to co-op and single players; I'm currently catching up on some old games like Left 4 Dead and BioShock (silly education got in the way of my gaming).

Oh, yeah, I'm also back on my fitness journey! I made it to my goal weight a couple years ago, and have promptly returned to my start weight. :# Feel free to add me. I'm trying to find a group of folks for mutual support and motivation. :)
  • Elliewebber
    Elliewebber Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Anime and manga are my thing!!! 19yr female 5 foot 6 started at 216lb currently at 177lb :) x
  • vivdenx
    vivdenx Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Geeks unite! :) I'm new to this site and I've already found my spot, I see.
  • shinycrazy
    shinycrazy Posts: 1,081 Member
    Options
    GoT, Firefly, Harry Potter, Doctor Who(classic&modern, started the love affair at age 9), Sherlock, Star Trek, Star Wars, Anything Marvel, LoTR, Neil DeGrasse Tyson, Firefly, Dollhouse, WHEDON. Guillermo Del Toro, Studio Ghibli/Hayao Miyazaki(named my son after him). Outlander (books&show), Anita Blake Series (LKH), The Dark Tower series by King (the best), Walking Dead. Arthurian Legend (took a class in London, tattoos, it's a thing).

Feel free to add me! Would love to chat with my fellow Lady Geeks.
  • ChamayneF
    ChamayneF Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Major Star Wars geek here. I also love so many of the things already mentioned... The Walking Dead, Game of Thrones, Hunger Games, Enders Game, Buffy etc. Sign me up for anything sci-fy, mythical or historical lol. Plus I love video games although I'm terrible at them lol the only game series I ever managed to get far in on my own is Zelda lol