Prozac?

Options
12346»

Replies

• elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Options
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    Oh, for goodness sake, the OP's medical team wants to put her on Prozac to stabilize her mood and improve her judgement to further her treatment for her eating disorder.

Can this stop being a debate about depression and get back on topic?

Prozac is traditionally used for depression, not as a mood stabilizer, hence the divergence to depression.

And maybe the OP wasn't exact in her wording.

Regardless, this thread is about the OP's question, not a platform to debate depression treatment.

For goodness sake, now you're diagnosing her with bipolar. Just stop being doctors over the internet. This poor OP!

+1
  • alittlelife14
    alittlelife14 Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    OP here

Wow this did escalate to unplanned topics and levels. I'm sorry everyone I just asked that single question and it erupted into this:(
  • _Terrapin_
    _Terrapin_ Posts: 4,301 Member
    Options
    sarsather wrote: »
    OP here

Wow this did escalate to unplanned topics and levels. I'm sorry everyone I just asked that single question and it erupted into this:(

No need to be sorry; some very good information in this thread. Best of luck OP....I'm pulling for you.

• PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    Options
    OP here

No need for you to feel sorry! I wish you the best of luck in your overall treatment. Don't be afraid of any effects on your weight with the Prozac, your ongoing management of your ED is paramount right now. Best of luck to you.
  • Lleldiranne
    Lleldiranne Posts: 5,516 Member
    Options
    OP here

Yeah, sometimes we get carried away. Not your fault at all. I agree with PeachyCarol above. Best of luck.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,996 Member
    Options
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    Oh, for goodness sake, the OP's medical team wants to put her on Prozac to stabilize her mood and improve her judgement to further her treatment for her eating disorder.

Prozac is traditionally used for depression, not as a mood stabilizer, hence the divergence to depression.

And maybe the OP wasn't exact in her wording.

Regardless, this thread is about the OP's question, not a platform to debate depression treatment.

For goodness sake, now you're diagnosing her with bipolar. Just stop being doctors over the internet. This poor OP!

Asking the OP clarifying questions is not diagnosing her ;)
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    OP here

Don't be a bit sorry. Your question was legitimate and straight forward. :)
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    OP here

No need for you to feel sorry! I wish you the best of luck in your overall treatment. Don't be afraid of any effects on your weight with the Prozac, your ongoing management of your ED is paramount right now. Best of luck to you.

And this.
  • TheBeachgod
    TheBeachgod Posts: 825 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    mathjulz wrote: »

Thank you for reminding us. I agree.

I did a page before she did. It kept on going.
  • elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Options
    OP here

Not your fault at all! Please don't apologize. I really hope some of the information helped, and you trust your treatment team to work with you.