Can't stop with peanut butter

Options
I keep overeating on peanut butter, and it's making me so unhappy! How do I stop myself? I'm thinking about giving it up for 1 week, just to break the habit, then eat it in moderation. Anyone who can help me? Hold me accountable?

Replies

• ladytwilight72
    ladytwilight72 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I had to quit buying it. Now if I want peanut butter I buy peanut butter proteins bars. Gets rid of the peanut butter craving and keeps me satisfied for awhile
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    I had to stop buying it too. It will jack up my goals whether I'm in maintenance, trying to lose, and even now when I'm in a surplus. I've moved to powdered peanut butter, which I also love so much I have to be careful.

Once in awhile I'll bring it in, and do well for a day or two...then it all goes to hell.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    I had to stop buying it too. It will jack up my goals whether I'm in maintenance, trying to lose, and even now when I'm in a surplus. I've moved to powdered peanut butter, which I also love so much I have to be careful.

Once in awhile I'll bring it in, and do well for a day or two...then it all goes to hell.

Snort!

OP, do you pre-log your days?
  • tugsandpulls
    tugsandpulls Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    get pb2 the powderd stuff 40% less calories and low fat sugar
  • kathy0224
    kathy0224 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    They make Jif in these portion control sizes. LOVE them!
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    I had to stop buying peanut butter. I used to sit with jar and spoon in hand and scoff!
  • WobblyWins
    WobblyWins Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm just like you, I'm a PB fiend. The hardest transition was substituting my oatmeal without it in the morning.

Not sure if anyone's mentioned, but there's a great product called 'PB fit' it's a powdered substitute. It's been working miracles for me :)
  • CrazyMermaid1
    CrazyMermaid1 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    I transitioned to real peanuts. You get the same taste and they fill you up more.
  • joelo_83
    joelo_83 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    +1 on the "had to quit buying it camp". Just not worth wasting 200 calories per serving when I could have some much more filling instead ... but that's just me
  • melonaulait
    melonaulait Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    Definitely stop buying it. Or if you do, get the individual portion packs.
  • brb2008
    brb2008 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Individual packs are a great idea :)

I just tell myself the PB is for my partner and my roommate. Mentally if its not mine I dont even consider it an option.
  • PalmChris
    PalmChris Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I don't buy it anymore. Someday, but not today!
  • tomteboda
    tomteboda Posts: 2,171 Member
    Options
    Develop an allergy to it. 100% effective (experience speaking here).
  • Varamyr38
    Varamyr38 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Just grab a tablespoon of it and then put the jar away. Go in the other room and go to town on the tablespoon full of it. Only around 190 calories or so I think. I love peanut butter too.
  • NinjaChinchillaNZ
    NinjaChinchillaNZ Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Nothing wrong with PB if you buy a brand that doesn't have a tonne of sugar and other stuff added. The brand I buy contains only peanuts and salt. Easy enough to make your own too - blend up some peanuts, salt and a little bit of peanut oil.
  • duddysdad
    duddysdad Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    I use Jif and have a sandwich with 2 tbsp on low calorie bread for a snack. It's enough to satisfy me and it keeps me full for a while. I find that if I don't have it, I will sneak little tastes throughout the day, but if I just make a sandwich, I get just enough to be happy.
  • AndreaEIE
    AndreaEIE Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I also eat PB by the spoonful. I used to go through a jar per week. So, now I only let myself by it every other week. So, I still eat too much of it, but only every OTHER week lol
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    if you dont buy it, you cant eat it lol
  • LKArgh
    LKArgh Posts: 5,179 Member
    Options
    Stop buying it. Problem solved :)
  • kristen6350
    kristen6350 Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    I have the same relationship with Nutella and Reese's Spread. Peanut Butter is something I can have a little bit and put a way (like on celery or an apple), but those sweet spreads I'm like digging into the jar with my fingers after long...LOL I've learned I can't buy them any more...