Can't stop with peanut butter

Options
13»

Replies

• sunandmoons
    sunandmoons Posts: 415 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    I switched to organic powdered peanut butter. It has 50 calories for two tablespoons. Its called Just Great Stuff. Its non gmo, certified organic and gluten free. Tastes better to me plus way lower in calories and fat.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    @sunandmoons I was curious if the powdered PB2 would have as many vitamins as the full fat kind. Here it is for Just Great Stuff two tablespoons, 45 calories: Vitamin A 0%, Vitamin C 0% , Calcium 0%, Iron 2%

By comparison, Kraft All Natural for one tablespoon, 90 calories:
    Vitamin A 0%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 0%, Iron 2%, Vitamin E - 10%, Thiamin - 8%, Niacin - 15%, Folate - 15%,
    Phosphorus - 6%, Magnesium - 10%
  • sunandmoons
    sunandmoons Posts: 415 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    jgnatca wrote: »
    @sunandmoons I was curious if the powdered PB2 would have as many vitamins as the full fat kind. Here it is for Just Great Stuff two tablespoons, 45 calories: Vitamin A 0%, Vitamin C 0% , Calcium 0%, Iron 2%

By comparison, Kraft All Natural for one tablespoon, 90 calories:
    Vitamin A 0%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 0%, Iron 2%, Vitamin E - 10%, Thiamin - 8%, Niacin - 15%, Folate - 15%,
    Phosphorus - 6%, Magnesium - 10%

Thats compairing double to one. The bottle shows for just great stuff, 2 tablespoons is 50 calories. Total fat is 1.5 g. 0 transfat, 0 saturated fat 0 cholesterol, potassium 4%. Fiber 8%. Sugars 3.

Kraft all natural has 210 calories per two tablespoons. transfat 15%, 15% saturated fat, potassium 5%. Sugars 3. Fiber 8.

So no, not as many vitamins or minerals. The real benefit is lowered calories. (160 calories.)and lower in fat (s).

kraft natural would be more of a full flavor peanut butter with higher trans fat and saturated fat. There are more vitamins, minerals in kraft. There wasn't much of a list on p2p, minerals and vitamins.

I like p2p because you can add it to yogurt and use it to bake. A lot of people add it to protien shakes to up the flavor.

Really its just a person preference. I was eating Jiff all natural and tried p2p on a whim...its different.....its not as heavy (consistency) but can be made however you prefer.

• riffraff2112
    riffraff2112 Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    and don't get me started on how amazing peanut butter and nutella is!!! OMG
    2 minutes of pleasure and 1000cals of guilt

No answer here other than you just have to know your limits, have one spoonful and walk away. It is not easy!
    Oh good God @riffraff2112 I cant stop thinking about that combination now!! I'm imagining yummy toast with butter and a tower of nutella and PB on top. Literally drooling right now :lol:
    That's my kid's favorite. We do a small smear of both on one piece of bread and fold it in half. She also likes to mix nutella and pb in a small condiment container (like for ketchup) and dip banana slices into it.

And my job here is done, two more calorie counters ruined! :)
  • jademarriott94
    jademarriott94 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I used to get my house mate to hide the jar in her room so I didn't eat it all in one sitting..
    She hid it very well, no matter how hard I tried to find it!!