I'm not losing weight anymore

Options
I got my first stone off and was so happy.

But I don't seem to be losing anymore. It seems to have plateaued

I've checked my calorie allowance (1800ish) and I should be losing 1lb a week but it's not happening

Would you advise I cut my calories down? If so, by how much?

Replies

• sarahdayski
    sarahdayski Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Ive just had similar happen to me. Been around 5 weeks with my weight going up and down, but finally this week ive dropped 4lbs. So just stick at it, sometimes increasing what you eat for a day or two then dropping back down again can trigger your loss, drinking plenty of water and sometimes you can be losing inches without dropping weight. Just keep going and it will eventually come off.
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options
    a37btb7mxb3t.jpg
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    check your food logging. nearly every time I've plateaued (several times over the past year) it was because I'd become complacent in weighing and/or logging food. Make sure you double check how many calorie needs (as you lose weight, you get fewer calories). Overestimating calorie burns from exercise can also be a culprit, especially as you lose weight and burn less.
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    The flow chart is a good place to start :)

Hope you see some movement soon - hang in there.
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options

I've checked my calorie allowance (1800ish) and I should be losing 1lb a week but it's not happening

An open diary might help. My first thought is that 1800 could be maintenance for a woman...
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    yarwell wrote: »

An open diary might help. My first thought is that 1800 could be maintenance for a woman...

What an unusually generic comment :)

My maintenance is around 2400

• Photograhicsoul
    Photograhicsoul Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    yarwell wrote: »

What an unusually generic comment :)

My maintenance is around 2400

Well said!

Now, on the topic:
    I keep seeing people comment on the diet habits only, so I want to ask the next obvious question. While the flow chart was nicely done and touches on the basics, it's missing one detail...how do you exercise?
    When did you start exercising and what have you been doing? Your body adjusts to workout plans, and eventually you start losing less with exactly the same workout you were using before. Your body has adjusted and gotten stronger, so performing the same exercise requires less effort. The rule of thumb is to change what you do every 6 weeks, although I personally like to mix things up a lot more often. I'm doing the Body revolution program now and the workouts there get switched up every 2 weeks or so. But I also sometimes do yoga, pilates, dance, zumba, tagret HIT workouts, ballet target workouts and more...I get bored easily.
    Whatever you are doing, if it has been few weeks of doing it, you were losing weight, you are eating the same way but not losing anymore./..it's time to switch up your workout a little bit. Try it and see if it improves things!

• SingingSingleTracker
    SingingSingleTracker Posts: 1,866 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options