Macros whaaaaaaat ?

Options
a little lost tbh
So last month started with weights ... Be staring at the weight room for ages so finally got a trainer and got my *kitten* in there ... Deadlifts are a god send

Weights are all going up ... So that's not a problem but hey I wanna look good who doesn't
Starting at 33% BF (last month will check again in jan )
My weight has dropped a little but not as much as I'd like so if anyone has tips on macro levels... I think I'm Endomorph maybe between Mesomorph/ Endomorph (if that's a thing)
For now I'm doing 4 strength days 2 lower body 2 upper body ( a couple days cardio and yoga)
If someone can seriously just tell me how many grams of protien , carbs and fats I should have that would be awesome

Replies

• bellaa_x0
    bellaa_x0 Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options
    try plugging your numbers into the calculator on iifym.com
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options

Are you cutting weight, bulking, or maintaining?

Generally speaking:

Protein - about 0.6-0.8 grams per day per pound of weight.
    Fats - about 0.3-0.4 grams per day per pound of weight.

Those are minimums...any calories above and beyond that; fill however you choose - carbs, more protein, or more fat. If you're bulking, I'd probably lean toward most of those additional calories being carbs.

And ditch the somatotype thinking...it doesn't make a dang bit of difference.
  • smileymaxine
    smileymaxine Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Oh cutting for sure ... For now while building up to some decent weights / before marathon training I just wanna knock my BF down
    Are you cutting weight, bulking, or maintaining?

Generally speaking:

Protein - about 0.6-0.8 grams per day per pound of weight.
    Fats - about 0.3-0.4 grams per day per pound of weight.

Those are minimums...any calories above and beyond that; fill however you choose - carbs, more protein, or more fat. If you're bulking, I'd probably lean toward most of those additional calories being carbs.

And ditch the somatotype thinking...it doesn't make a dang bit of difference.

• AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    ...If someone can seriously just tell me how many grams of protien , carbs and fats I should have that would be awesome

Read the first post in this thread. @Sarauk2sf did a great job of laying it out in detail.
  • joeelliott87uk
    joeelliott87uk Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    for losing weight your defo on the right track exercise wise, one thing i would tweak a bit is the cardio slight increase but keep the strength stuff, so good to hear you found your way to the weight room :)

Check the post or google iifym calculator like mentioned above to get the actual numbers of what you need. To lose weight you want to be in a deficit of 500-1000 calories. 500 is a good starting point for most and then adjust depending on your results. :)
  • mmarie_3
    mmarie_3 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    TBH I never got my numbers right until I hired a coach. Those website #'s are very generic and don't take into account your body type which is sooo important.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    mmarie_3 wrote: »
    TBH I never got my numbers right until I hired a coach. Those website #'s are very generic and don't take into account your body type which is sooo important.

How does your body type determine your macronutrient needs?
  • smileymaxine
    smileymaxine Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    for losing weight your defo on the right track exercise wise, one thing i would tweak a bit is the cardio slight increase but keep the strength stuff, so good to hear you found your way to the weight room :)

Check the post or google iifym calculator like mentioned above to get the actual numbers of what you need. To lose weight you want to be in a deficit of 500-1000 calories. 500 is a good starting point for most and then adjust depending on your results. :)

Cardio has still be happening , been off running properly for a while as I'm still rehabbing my sodding ankle but try fit in 3 45-60 min sessions a week
    1000cal defect though haa I'd died