Rude People

Options

Replies

• KatLifter
    KatLifter Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    Handy tip:
    1) Spot someone being rude.
    2) Click drop-down arrow near username/avatar.
    3) Click on "ignore user".

I generally wait until I recognize a username for consistent rudeness. Then I target them for elimination. Ahhhhhhhhh; so satisfying! Everytime I see the message that I'm ignoring a certain user, I pretend it's a grave marker.

Good to know. I just went through this tread and recognized a few, followed your advise. Very satisfying.

Sure I'm one of those for posting a gif. So here's another
    Blocking people on a forum only makes you miss out on giant chunks of conversations
    you-cant-see-me-im-invisible_2291.gif
  • shutupandlift13
    shutupandlift13 Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    There's people that will blow smoke up your *kitten*, others that give constructive criticism, some have a more tough love approach, and others will just make downright *kitten* remarks in the forums. A lot of times people are just being honest. Pick the positive out of it and move on.

After all, they are just strangers on the internet.
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    Is it just me or does anyone else find that there are a lot of rude, obnoxious, belittling people roaming these message boards? Most of the people posting questions here have legitimate questions and need help only to get replies judging them and belittling them. Grow up people.

peoplebeingrude_c_985517.jpg
  • kristafb
    kristafb Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    Internet or not, I still treat people the way I want to be treated. Hiding behind a computer screen doesn't give me the right to treat people like *kitten*

100% agree with this. Hope that doesn't make me rude!
  • VorJoshigan
    VorJoshigan Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    Is it just me or does anyone else find that there are a lot of rude, obnoxious, belittling people roaming these message boards? Most of the people posting questions here have legitimate questions and need help only to get replies judging them and belittling them. Grow up people.
    I think it's just a few of you. I see very few rude/obnoxious/belittling people on the boards. I'd put it at closer to 15% than 65.

I never belittle, & I'm hardly ever rude, but I could see some people finding my humor obnoxious. I hope your experience improves.
  • shimmygirl411
    shimmygirl411 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Internet or not, I still treat people the way I want to be treated. Hiding behind a computer screen doesn't give me the right to treat people like *kitten*

^^ THIS!
  • ChristinaR720
    ChristinaR720 Posts: 1,186
    Options
    I was just reading another thread and the lady said we'd probably all get mad at her, but she made a good point, and she was right, she did get a lot of replies claiming she was rude. But I dont think she WAS rude, she was expressing her point of view.

What I personally find "rude" or whatever, maybe not rude, but something I dont understand, is when people brag about the junk food they can eat, and exclaim they can lose weight, and are like proud of it. And then give details about all the fattening food they eat. And then belittling others because the other person cant do it but they can, and it comes off as hard for those of us who are tempted by it. I dont get this. If we are trying to lose weight, then it sorta hurts when i read about someone bragging about all this food they choose to eat, it almost is like your out with 4 friends and your trying to eat your salad, and then your "supportive" freinds, all choose to eat a huge pizza, cheese dripping cheeseburger, and a big cream pie in front of you and its like hey we can eat this, tough for you! and then gloat about how the next day they lose 5 pounds after eating all that. so those posts are hard for me to comprehend what are they doing on this site? I dont get it.

I understand what you are trying to say here. I really do. I can't speak for others, but I post quite a bit about my love for pizza, bacon, ice cream, etc. It's not to belittle others, as everyone has the right to make this lifestyle change their own. However, I post comments like these to illustrate the fact that you don't need to deprive yourself to lose weight. If I were to cut everything I enjoy out of my diet (not the process--the foods I eat), I would be absolutely miserable and it would make the process not at all sustainable for me.

You need to find what works for you and do that. Eating the things I love, in moderation, works for me. I am proud of how far I have come and the methods I have used to get here. I have every right to share what has worked for me, as do you! There is nothing wrong with the way I am doing this, and there is nothing wrong with the way you are going about the process. This site (and my friends here) has helped me develop a better relationship with food, develop more mindful eating practices, lose weight, conquer my fitness goals and be a better "me".

There is room for all kinds here!
  • NavyKnightAh13
    NavyKnightAh13 Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    tumblr_m8onrkyTzN1rucurdo1_250.gif

running-into-a-wall-o.gif
  • da_bears10089
    da_bears10089 Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    OHHHH NOOOS!

Surprised-montage.gif
  • silvergurl518
    silvergurl518 Posts: 4,123 Member
    Options
    how-rude-o.gif

i was waiting for this!!!!!!!!!!!!

tumblr_mg2rrm3Rbm1r2mou0o1_400.gif
  • luckydays27
    luckydays27 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    Rude people are everywhere. Even the internet.
  • ThatSoundsHard
    ThatSoundsHard Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    Am I the only one that uses google for my stupid/annoying questions?
    Nothing to do with searching the message boards just google.
    Or is it really that hard to type, look, click, read and then think about what you read?
  • Huebras
    Huebras Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Why are some of you assuming that I started this post because someone had a differing opinion than I? That is the only reason I view the threads, to get different ideas on things. I started this thread because I keep seeing replies that are posted only to hurt or belittle. This site is here to help people.
  • Hi_Im_Jess
    Hi_Im_Jess Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Group hug? :flowerforyou:
  • kaylang78
    kaylang78 Posts: 9
    Options
    How sad!:sad:
  • Shawshankcan
    Shawshankcan Posts: 900 Member
    Options

peoplebeingrude_c_985517.jpg

This is a great question. I generally, have a direct approach. I normally don't sugar coat things. Because of that, I realize that what I say can be perceived as rude. With that said, even though I may have been considered rude, I have never attacked anyone and if anyone has an issue with what I said, I am always more than willing to elaborate or discuss what I have said further.
  • NonnyMary
    NonnyMary Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    How cute another mean people thread...

I was just reading another thread and the lady said we'd probably all get mad at her, but she made a good point, and she was right, she did get a lot of replies claiming she was rude. But I dont think she WAS rude, she was expressing her point of view.

What I personally find "rude" or whatever, maybe not rude, but something I dont understand, is when people brag about the junk food they can eat, and exclaim they can lose weight, and are like proud of it. And then give details about all the fattening food they eat. And then belittling others because the other person cant do it but they can, and it comes off as hard for those of us who are tempted by it. I dont get this. If we are trying to lose weight, then it sorta hurts when i read about someone bragging about all this food they choose to eat, it almost is like your out with 4 friends and your trying to eat your salad, and then your "supportive" freinds, all choose to eat a huge pizza, cheese dripping cheeseburger, and a big cream pie in front of you and its like hey we can eat this, tough for you! and then gloat about how the next day they lose 5 pounds after eating all that. so those posts are hard for me to comprehend what are they doing on this site? I dont get it.

Sounds like you're projecting your own issues on others.

Possibly yes, possibly no. Of course I can only speak for myself which is why I say how what I read makes me feel. Oh I can choose to reject how it makes me feel or absorb it, and feel bad. But in my mind I am thinking, why do people do that? Are they bragging or what? I just dont get it. Why do people need to gush about all the food orgies they have and how delicious it was? I dont get it.
  • charlesnapolitano
    charlesnapolitano Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    sissyr.jpg
  • hookilau
    hookilau Posts: 3,134 Member
    Options
    How cute another mean people thread...

Sounds like you're projecting your own issues on others.

Adini, projection is the Go-to response right after blame here on MFP. Oh, wait, she used projection and blame. Bingo.

^ Agreed. :ohwell: Sadly.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Yes!

(Now I just need "master cleanse" for bingo.)

On topic: You know what's even more annoying than people who provide factual information in a less-than-pleasant tone? People who give bogus information wrapped in sunshine and rainbows.

Edit: because typos are also annoying.