Rude People

Options

Replies

• Cadori
    Cadori Posts: 4,810 Member
    Options

I never belittle, & I'm hardly ever rude, but I could see some people finding my humor obnoxious. I hope your experience improves.

This is pretty much me. I have a weird sense of humor, frequently err on the side of (attempted) funny, and while I crack ME up, I understand that others don't always agree.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    How cute another mean people thread...

I was just reading another thread and the lady said we'd probably all get mad at her, but she made a good point, and she was right, she did get a lot of replies claiming she was rude. But I dont think she WAS rude, she was expressing her point of view.

What I personally find "rude" or whatever, maybe not rude, but something I dont understand, is when people brag about the junk food they can eat, and exclaim they can lose weight, and are like proud of it. And then give details about all the fattening food they eat. And then belittling others because the other person cant do it but they can, and it comes off as hard for those of us who are tempted by it. I dont get this. If we are trying to lose weight, then it sorta hurts when i read about someone bragging about all this food they choose to eat, it almost is like your out with 4 friends and your trying to eat your salad, and then your "supportive" freinds, all choose to eat a huge pizza, cheese dripping cheeseburger, and a big cream pie in front of you and its like hey we can eat this, tough for you! and then gloat about how the next day they lose 5 pounds after eating all that. so those posts are hard for me to comprehend what are they doing on this site? I dont get it.

Sounds like you're projecting your own issues on others.

Possibly yes, possibly no. Of course I can only speak for myself which is why I say how what I read makes me feel. Oh I can choose to reject how it makes me feel or absorb it, and feel bad. But in my mind I am thinking, why do people do that? Are they bragging or what? I just dont get it. Why do people need to gush about all the food orgies they have and how delicious it was? I dont get it.

I'm just guessing here, but maybe because food is delicious? And assuming they have figured out a way to eat it in moderation within their overall plan, why wouldn't they share with their friends?

I know that when I have a delicious meal, I'll sometimes share it with my friends...and they do the same.

*shrug*
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    Assuming you haven't put me on ignore..

You started this thread because I posted a comment that was (while sarcastic) HELPFUL. You even said you read the link. Did I help?

Sigh. You pointed him to a link.

On another note. Makes me sad a 37 year old man is posting topics complaining about people being mean. Something I would have done as a teenage girl.

Yes, I pointed him to a link with a post I wrote with information that would answer the question. I also asked him a question in my post that would hopefully point out what a silly question he was asking and make him think and be able to answer it himself.
  • beelanc
    beelanc Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    tumblr_m6ijbycBwn1rsrbj9_large.gif

crying-oklahoma-state-player-sports-crying-gifs.gif

CRACKED ME UP!!
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    Oh yeah...it seems like it's been awhile since a MFP mean person thread....

MFP forums...be afraid...very afraid...

450swyu45yu3.gif
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    Hey, imagine that, a rude post about rude people.

I don't think that's in the directions.
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options

You started this thread because I posted a comment that was (while sarcastic) HELPFUL. You even said you read the link. Did I help?

On another note. Makes me sad a 37 year old man is posting topics complaining about people being mean. Something I would have done as a teenage girl.

Yes, I pointed him to a link with a post I wrote with information that would answer the question. I also asked him a question in my post that would hopefully point out what a silly question he was asking and make him think and be able to answer it himself.

Link for reference and to put this in context?

I've got one more hour of work to kill.
  • Krys_140
    Krys_140 Posts: 648 Member
    Options
    ...and OP deactivated.
  • Lift_This_
    Lift_This_ Posts: 2,756 Member
    Options
    haha, he deactivated.
  • socajam
    socajam Posts: 2,530 Member
    Options
    Is it just me or does anyone else find that there are a lot of rude, obnoxious, belittling people roaming these message boards? Most of the people posting questions here have legitimate questions and need help only to get replies judging them and belittling them. Grow up people.

For the most part people want to be helpful, the problem is a lot of people don't know how to help themselves. This day alone there was at least 2 other posts asking the same question you did. There are at least 1 or 2 a day. There are faq's and sticky's all over the place explaining all this stuff. A lot of these questions are ones being asked on a daily basis that have been answered on a daily basis. People get tired of doing it when the answer is already there.

It is called being extremely lazy and expecting instant answers. If only people would just take a little time to become familiarized with the site, we would not have the same questions being asked constantly.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options

Damn....why do you have to be such a *****? :drinker:
  • KatLifter
    KatLifter Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options

Sorry! The "sigh" was directed at the butthurt of the OP. Your advice was completely solid.
  • michellechawner
    Options
    OP, You try getting asked the same question 20+ times a day and having to repeat yourself over and over - YES, there is a search, YES I understand you are new - it's best to just ask your friends instead of posting in the forum - that's what I did when I joined (and then came back 3 months ago) because at least the people on my friends list actually know something more about me and can help me better possibly.
  • NonnyMary
    NonnyMary Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    Ok i see. Well then maybe you can give me an idea. For me, since I just started this, I felt that I have to go kind of cold turkey on some things, because it is too tempting for me to eat that one slice of pizza, i will want more. I am better not eating it and teasing myself with it. I admit, I am not strong enough to resist just a few temptations, i will eat more, and that is where I am right now.. perhaps when i am stronger and on this way of eating I can, but for now, im not there yet. I cannot do like the ones who can eat some fattening foods, i kinda have to not even eat it.... i have had to put a space between what i eat and what i used to eat, becuase in the past when i started to eat some of those things, i totally went back to eating whatever i wanted, and gained weight.
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    ...and OP deactivated.

Wow! That never happens . .
  • Alex_is_Hawks
    Alex_is_Hawks Posts: 3,499 Member
    Options
    Oh yeah...it seems like it's been awhile since a MFP mean person thread....

MFP forums...be afraid...very afraid...

450swyu45yu3.gif

what movie is this from? I need to see this in context!!!
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options
    Link to thread where "rudeness" occurred?
  • pastryari
    Options

Link for reference and to put this in context?

I've got one more hour of work to kill.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1029328-the-1200-calorie-rule-question
  • pastryari
    Options

Sorry! The "sigh" was directed at the butthurt of the OP. Your advice was completely solid.

Ahhh, okay. :flowerforyou:
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options

Hey! You can't just clear up misunderstanding like this!!! No. No no no. NOOOOO!!!

No, instead, you are obligated to make a new forum post expressing your disgust...nay, your utter dismay at the shortcomings of...(wait, no, not strong enough)...the failure of...(still not there yet)...the gross ineptitude of the other party who misunderstood your post.

Go ahead.

I'll wait.

Just let me know when it's posted.