2»

Replies

• ThickMcRunFast
    ThickMcRunFast Posts: 22,511 Member
    Options
    DavPul wrote: »
    I'll just let y'all do your thing.

What did I miss?

Nothing much. Random dude was like "I got all the answers so ask me anything" then he didn't like what he was asked so he flounced.

We are poorer as a people for the loss of his great wealth of knowledge, I'm sure

squats and deadlifts, bro.
  • oolou
    oolou Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    Hey Chris. Whenever anyone new to MFP sets up a thread in this forum offering help and mentions their qualifications, it's generally taken as an invite to quiz that person, testing their knowledge.

On the whole folk wishing to help tend to just dive into threads offering advice rather than have their own individual threads - unless they have been with the site for a long time and their progress has been witnessed.

If you want to advise folk on a one to one, I suggest reposting this in the introductions forum. You'll get less attention there from those who like to quiz the new folk.
  • FunkyTobias
    FunkyTobias Posts: 1,776 Member
    Options
    I think I'm done with this website. Y'all don't want to help people, just look for Internet drama.

ONOEZ!! Whatever will we do without you?
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options

What did I miss?

Nothing much. Random dude was like "I got all the answers so ask me anything" then he didn't like what he was asked so he flounced.

We are poorer as a people for the loss of his great wealth of knowledge, I'm sure

AND RKC PLANKS!
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    RKC PLANKS!!!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,701 Member
    Options
    SLLRunner wrote: »
    arditarose wrote: »
    Is that all? There are plenty of threads asking for help. Perhaps you can get in there and share your knowledge.
    arditarose wrote: »
    Is that all? There are plenty of threads asking for help. Perhaps you can get in there and share your knowledge.

Excuse me?

Welcome, Christopher. Please share some of what you know about health and nutrition.

What do you believe causes weight loss?

What do I believe causes weight loss?

Well g such a broad question should be met with such a broad answer, yeah? Proper nutrition and workout plan.

In detail, I would say I am a firm advocate of muscle gain to support long term fat control and overall health of an individual. I think this is far more important than WEIGHT loss. Fat loss. Fat is what gives us our problems in the general populace, not weight. One pound of lean muscle burns 50-70 cal a day basal metabolic so if you add lean muscle over time it will actually be harder to add fat. For me, 6'4" 250 pounds at 12% body fat, it is nearly impossible lol : )

In short, I think our biggest gun in that battle would be a mixture of how you attack the problem and how long you are willing to attack it for.

Thank you for the great question.
    Of course bodybuilders who are well over 200lbs from the 90's with great physiques aren't dropping like flies at less than 50 years old right? And while fat is an issue, it's BECAUSE of over consumption that fat accumulates. Also it's myth that 1lb of muscle burns 50-70 calories a day. Math would dispute it. Based on your stats, your lean mass is 220lbs. I'll give you some leeway and say 200lbs lean muscle. Now multiply 200lbs x 50 calories and you're going to tell me you can eat 10,000 calories a day and not gain? Sorry bro, but your science is broscience.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options

What did I miss?

So a typical week on MFP, then. People who want to help usually stick it out and find ways to answer questions. People who were looking to sell or hoping for adulation disappear. It's the circle of MFP.
  • ThickMcRunFast
    ThickMcRunFast Posts: 22,511 Member
    Options

What did I miss?

AND RKC PLANKS!

Of course. The One True Plank.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options

What did I miss?

So a typical week on MFP, then. People who want to help usually stick it out and find ways to answer questions. People who were looking to sell or hoping for adulation disappear. It's the circle of MFP.

anigif_optimized-30641-1426001634-18.gif
  • ultrahoon
    ultrahoon Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    "Ask me anything...no wait, not those questions, they will expose my crushing lack of knowledge!"

And it isn't even Friday!
  • brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    Options
    If you're truly here to help, you'd spread fact not broscience. Actions speak ...
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Options

What did I miss?

anigif_optimized-30641-1426001634-18.gif

This. Is. Awesome. :)
  • BurnWithBarn2015
    BurnWithBarn2015 Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    Shortest help session evaaaa!!!!

95069916.png
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Well.

That deescalated quickly.