why i am not lossing weight?

Options
124»

Replies

• JRainey1990
    JRainey1990 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Your body should never be under 1200 calorie intake. Your body goes in to starvation mode after that and stores your fats instead of burning it. However, I do agree that you need a food scale to accurately measure your intake.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    Your body should never be under 1200 calorie intake. Your body goes in to starvation mode after that and stores your fats instead of burning it. However, I do agree that you need a food scale to accurately measure your intake.

This isn't accurate.
  • brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    Options

That "starvation mode" claim isn't how things work.
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options

Use search and look up "stavation mode"---it's not what you think.
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,195 Member
    Options

NOT correct...and it just further confuses the issue.
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    fairy290 wrote: »
    thorsmom01 wrote: »
    Op, here's a funny story a bout when I first started. I ate a large slice of chocolate cake with frosting . I didn't weigh any of the ingredients, I just made the cake. Well after eating a large slice I went to log it ( I didn't understand that all the individual ingredients needed it be weighed and stuff yet )
    I found an entry in the databank for 200 cals per slice of chocolate cake. ( remember I didn't know any better yet lol !) So I picked that one and thought the slice was 200 cals because the database said so.
    Well a few months later after I understood that each ingredient needed to be weighed and logged individually , I made the same cake. A slice was actually 560 cals and a large double portion slice would've been about 1000!
    So it was a big difference in calories. Those types of differences can make or break your weight loss plan.
    So now when I make a cake, I weigh the flour, the chocolate and so on until I've created a whole recipe in my food list.
    My point is that being accurate helps a lot ! It takes some work at first but is totally worth it!

Uuufffff....its horrible..its a real difficult task...but i tried to maintain the diary today with concern....but still not satisfied...☺

Yay! The first few weeks are tough, before you know it, you will be very efficient at it. Great job on your first day!
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    Well, the foods are listed in MFP. So you search up the food, measure what it weighs, and click on the nutritional information, and it tells you how many calories are in that amount of food. Adjust the amount of the food to get the number of calories that is acceptable to you. And honestly, ditch the gravy, oil, and fried stuff. That's adding a load of calories. Go look up fried chicken in the mfp database and you will see.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    you can make fried chicken fit into your calories. I eat it from time to time and still lost weight and am still losing it.