Walking tires me out

Options
13»

Replies

• azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,195 Member
    Options
    I'm 43 and have no problem getting in 25,000 steps every day.
    I'd be getting a full check up at the doctor if I were you OP.

Yay! I remember when you were struggling with just a few thousand a day.

Someone mentioned a connection to sleep. I definitely notice that when my sleep is severely interrupted, I have a very hard time getting enough steps the next day. Normally, 10,000 is a breeze for me.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    I'm 43 and have no problem getting in 25,000 steps every day.
    I'd be getting a full check up at the doctor if I were you OP.

Yay! I remember when you were struggling with just a few thousand a day.

Someone mentioned a connection to sleep. I definitely notice that when my sleep is severely interrupted, I have a very hard time getting enough steps the next day. Normally, 10,000 is a breeze for me.

HaHa I was woefully inactive before I got my fitbit. This walking thing thing has turned into somewhat of an addiction!
    I'm walking right now as I'm typing this :lol:
  • juliaky84
    juliaky84 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Well my bloodwork is fine, I actually have 30 pounds to lose, and I can walk 7500 steps a day now and more without feeling tired/sore/exhausted.
  • youngmomtaz
    youngmomtaz Posts: 1,075 Member
    Options
    Great job! Keep it up and you will see more! I got a jawbone after Christmas. I was amazed at how few steps I actually take when I don't have an exercise day or a run. I am also a massage therapist and have to have wrists clear for work so there is a 5-8hr stretch each day I cannot wear it but my arms move way more than my legs in that job anyway. I love the days I am not at work and can see my progress. A 4 mile run plus my regular activities puts me over my 10000 goal. A great feeling!
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    juliaky84 wrote: »
    Well my bloodwork is fine, I actually have 30 pounds to lose, and I can walk 7500 steps a day now and more without feeling tired/sore/exhausted.

That's great!
  • judyvalentine512
    judyvalentine512 Posts: 927 Member
    Options
    dubird wrote: »
    Up your steps gradually. Doing 3000 now? Aim for 4000. When you can do that comfortably, add another 1000 to it. Giving yourself time to get used to extra exercise makes it easier to stick with it.

I read a 'walking plan' from a health site, can't remember which one, but the plan was, add 500 steps every day to the day before, and before you know it, you'll be walking 10,000 steps a day.
    I tried it, but I only counted the steps in my purposeful walk, not all day. I was doing pretty good, in three weeks, I was up to 8000 steps. Then I got sick, and now I have to kinda start over.
    Do what you can.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    3,000 steps is about 1.5 miles. When I first started, I needed multiple rest stops to walk that far. I was 59 yo and in horrible shape. I built up to 7500 (about 3.5 miles) over a period of several months. Now I do close to 10,000 most days at a rapid pace without any stops.
  • kiara1066
    kiara1066 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    You just need to let your body get used to it more. Your body will get used to it soon.
    54363683.png