290 to 178 in 10 Months! (w/photos)

Options

Replies

• DogRiverDude
    DogRiverDude Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    WOW YOU LOOK INCREDIBLE NOW! AMAZING JOB! You are such an inspiration :)

Thank you Noreenmarie! I'm so glad that you found it inspiring. It looks like you've already had your goal! If so, congratulations! !!
  • DogRiverDude
    Options
    Wow, what an awesome job!!!, well done!

Thank you and best wishes with your own goal!

• mysteps2beauty
    mysteps2beauty Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    Great effort! You absolutely look like a different person!

BTW - you are not bragging. We need testimonials of people such as yourself who have been tested and came through on the other end. I am going to bookmark this page simply to come back and look at what you have accomplished to encourage myself to stop wasting time and get on with it. You lost more in two months than I have and all because you stayed committed. And that is the key word: Commitment.

I so wanted to attend my firm Christmas party which is next week with at least 20 lbs lost and I have failed. But I have not given up and reading your journey has helped me redirect my purpose and commitment. So thanks for sharing YOU!
  • kgb6days
    kgb6days Posts: 880 Member
    Options
    Great job and you look fabulous! Congratulations and thank you for putting yourself out there and sharing your story.
  • MeadowsBing
    MeadowsBing Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Well done,mthat an achievement. You look like a different person.
  • zatotheck
    zatotheck Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Incredible job. How many calories per day are you maintaining on now?
  • DogRiverDude
    Options
    davidcliff wrote: »
    Nice Job! That's an amazing accomplishment, be proud!

Thank you David! Nobody's more amazed than me. I was disciplined but "proud",... eeks,... I just can't go there (but thanks)!
  • DogRiverDude
    Options
    WWnot wrote: »
    Boy do you look happy, healthy and full of energy! Good for you. So kind of you to share this with us and i expect that you're motivating/inspiring more than ONE person.

Thank you!!! Yes definitely all of those (now)! I was tentative about posting it but would be thrilled if it motivates other"s" :-)
  • DogRiverDude
    Options
    lemonaid7 wrote: »
    Fabulous! What an fantastic accomplishment, you are an inspiration!

Thank you so much! I see you're halfway to goal; good for you!! You'll be in that T-top and those S-jeans in no time!
  • M3ltD0Vvn
    M3ltD0Vvn Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    WOW What an inspiration! I wont even knock you for the Saskatchewan shirt (Go ESKS!)

\m/
  • LisaPrust
    LisaPrust Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    INCREDIBLE!! Thanks so much for sharing your story and your pictures! So very happy for you!
  • CJ_Holmes
    CJ_Holmes Posts: 759 Member
    Options
    What a wonderful share! Thank you. You are glowing in those last photos. Way to take charge and reinvent your life!
  • rebeccaEsmith
    rebeccaEsmith Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your weightloss and your new life you deserve it!
  • chesnity3
    chesnity3 Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • DogRiverDude
    Options
    Congrats!!!! Great job, great results, great message. You look 15 yrs younger too!

Thank you for the kind words! Smaller face bigger eyes? Hehe :-)
  • DogRiverDude
    Options
    That's amazing. Your girls must be so proud of you!!

Thank you! Although they thought I was fine at 290... yes, they're pretty proud :blush: . They love hugging me now... amazed they can wrap their arms around me. They also like to pick me up.... NOT a fan of that hehe.
  • DogRiverDude
    Options
    Dtester510 wrote: »
    Great job. I started at 310 in March and I am stuck around 225. The holidays have been rough. You are a great inspiration.

Thanks. PLEASE try stick with your routine as closely as possible. I started experiencing plateaus when I moved closer to goal and it was a little frustrating. Nothing for a week then the next week 4 pounds.

The holiday season can be rough. I'm planning on eating two or three large meals and try to stick with the plan the rest of the time. I just have to somehow avoid the treats!
  • DogRiverDude
    Options
    akern1987 wrote: »
    Such a great job, you look so great, you look happier, and younger! Way to go!

Thank you... definitely happier! Everything "physical" is easier! I can't speak to looking younger but I sure feel younger!
  • DogRiverDude
    Options
    olsalt wrote: »
    You look marvelous and the photos are very revealingly of your journey. Great job! My efforts are very similar to yours actually. Started at about 255 lbs or so with not a whole lot of success then started MFP at 232lbs. Currently within the high end range of my target goal of 160-170 lbs at 173.5 lbs. I was wondering what your height is?

Thank you very much! Yeah, I see... you're virtually at goal, awesome! I'm 5'11" and nicely into the normal BMI range! Best of wishes getting through the Holday Season!

• dutchandkiwi
    dutchandkiwi Posts: 1,389 Member
    Options
    Well done. You seem to have lost not only 110 pounds but also at least 10 years in the process!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!