290 to 178 in 10 Months! (w/photos)

Replies

• heatherkballard
    heatherkballard Posts: 19 Member
    Thanks! Just the encouragement I needed today! :)
  • DogRiverDude
    DogRiverDude Posts: 433 Member
    mrsshanw wrote: »
    Congratulations! Your progress was amazing. Super Inspiring!

Thank you very much MrsShanw! I'm so glad that you found my story inspiring. My progress surprised even me but I believe it had much to do with just buckling down and just doing it! My best wishes to you and your own goal!!
  • hancdon
    hancdon Posts: 20 Member
    Amazing story of success, I will reflect back on this during my process many times I am sure. Thank you for sharing!!!
  • gcanter
    gcanter Posts: 194 Member
    Awesome Job!
  • zgiarc
    zgiarc Posts: 58 Member
    Awesome job and very motivational!!! Of the hundreds of SUCCESS stories yours is the one that helped me to see that I'm on the right path! Thank you!
  • bukowski_shine
    bukowski_shine Posts: 70 Member
    You look absolutely wonderful. Congrats on your success.
  • DogRiverDude
    JulieVK64 wrote: »
    Congratulations! Such an inspiration for me!

Thank you Julie! I'm so glad you feel inspired! I really didn't do anything special... I just ate healthy and generally speaking, never went over my calorie goal (or cheated). Doable by anyone :smile:
  • DogRiverDude
    tchenke14 wrote: »
    How amazing! Thanks for sharing. I can see many things in your write up that I can relate to so it gives us hope that it will work for us too. Keep it up!

Thank you Tchenke! It's always nice to find a few things that are relatable. It WILL work Tchenke... you don't even need to hope. Just "do" and you WILL hit your goal!
  • I love success stories! Thanks for sharing. Congrats on your success, you look very healthy and happy.
  • charmmeth
    charmmeth Posts: 936 Member
    What an inspiration! I was lucky and didn't need to lose so much (down to 160 from 198), but am in awe of those who have made a journey like yours!
  • guruduttn
    guruduttn Posts: 1 Member
    Awesome, Congrats and you are a very good inspiration.
  • DogRiverDude
    Schila64 wrote: »
    You look amazing. Didn't read if you use MFP to log in your daily food intake. Is it public?

Thank you Schila64! Yes, most definitely log my food! I opened my Diary to the public a few days ago:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/diary/DogRiverDude
    My MFP start date was March 25th, 2015. There were 4 short rough patches in the past year but overall it's reasonably respectable hehe. I've been maintaining for the past few months so calories are higher than when I was losing. I'm still eating quite well but do indulge occasionally (small treats or alcohol) :smile:
  • DogRiverDude
    wow you look great! awesome job!

Thank you Determined24Girl... feel amazing for sure!
  • DogRiverDude
    I love how much younger it makes you look!!! Holy crap! Amazing transformation! :)

Hey thank you Jennifer. I find it difficult to respond to the "younger" comments (I just don't see it) BUT I do feel younger! I had a peek at your Profile page and WOW... are you ever doing amazing. 1 more pound to hit the halfway mark! Incredible accomplishment... keep on going hard!!!
  • DogRiverDude
    starr68 wrote: »
    Amazing results. Thank you for posting. This is a great accomplishment and very motivational.

Thank you Starr! It's wonderful that you feel motivated,... only a few more pounds for your own goal then "skinny clothes" woohoo :smile:
  • DogRiverDude
    Congratulations - you have worked hard and are a huge inspiration to people! Kudos to your friend who told you to post :)

Thank you MindSpinMegs! Yeah... I was quite fortunate to find an MFP friend that I clicked with! Like you, I'm in "runner in progress" as well. It's a wonderful feeling to clip along for 30 minutes without getting (too) winded! Best wishes achieving your goal... I see you're over half-way there! Wonderful job, I hope your family is proud of you!!!
  • Lextmg86
    Lextmg86 Posts: 102 Member
    Incredible job!
  • launchpadmkquak
    launchpadmkquak Posts: 53 Member
    Wow!!!!
  • DogRiverDude
    Very inspiring; what I needed to see today. Thank you for sharing.

You're very welcome LIMOhio! It looks like we're quite similar (age, weight goals, fitness goals, etc.). You can definitely achieve any goal; you have a wonderful start already. With each week, it becomes easier to become active. As you become more active, fitness levels increase, higher burns are possible,... everything begins to feed off each other. Before you know it you'll be more active and have more energy than you ever thought possible!
  • DogRiverDude
    trinamazur wrote: »
    Wow great job!

Thank you Trina. Congratulations on your own success... 1/3 of the way there (you should be fairly close by Summer!). Great job yourself!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!