290 to 178 in 10 Months! (w/photos)

Options

Replies

• DogRiverDude
    DogRiverDude Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    jen_zz wrote: »
    this is fantastic! thanks for posting

Well thanks Jen, I think so too hehe! It was my pleasure to post; thank YOU for reading and dropping a comment. Best wishes with your own goals!
  • DogRiverDude
    Options
    Jose2716 wrote: »
    Awesome

Thank you Jose! It looks like you have a nice start already so congratulations to you! As the pounds drop off things will become easier and easier! When I began losing weight I didn't exercise at all. A year later and I'm running AND have recently taken up cycling! Just trying to love life now!
  • 120poundstogo
    120poundstogo Posts: 700 Member
    Options
    Congrats you amazingly awesome! I don't even recognize you! I'm sure you get that a lot but no really you look just fab! It is so daunting to lose 120 lbs. which is what I have to lose. I recently lost 40lbs. But enough about me, I can't believe how different you look!
  • lizzelspark
    lizzelspark Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for your story you I was feeling today like giving up but reading your story just made me want to keep going that's just great the accomplishment you have done :)
  • DogRiverDude
    Options
    You did amazing job. And what a great story.
    Thanks for the motivation.

Thank you very much Dolphins! It looks like you're not in too bad of shape! I hope you're out there as much as possible pounding the pavement or getting your burn on in the most enjoyable way you can think of. I began by running but have recently discovered cycling! Other than an encounter with the pavement on Saturday... it's been a blast LMAO (hmm, I should have said LMEAHCKSO --> elbows, arms, hands, chest, knees, and shins hehe). Best wishes achieving your goal... it's there, you just have to reach out and GRAB IT!
  • DogRiverDude
    Options
    sarahlifts wrote: »
    Congratulations! You look amazing!!!!

Thank you Sarah! It feels great eh? Love the tagline on your profile page BTW; "Never Going Back, So I Must Track!". I'm definitely NOT going back either and tracking food and exercise is the only way to ensure a healthy and fit lifestyle. It just helps keep me accountable. Thanks again and best wishes with all the goals you set for yourself!
  • DogRiverDude
    Options
    hjaye75 wrote: »
    Way to go!

Thanks Hjaye!
  • DogRiverDude
    Options
    Yoshi471 wrote: »
    Inspiration man I definitely will use this as motivation 22 and at the weight I am this is definitely a boost thank you

Thank you Yoshi! Even though you may be overweight now, be VERY grateful that you're only 22! We can all lose weight, but none of us can dial back our age. Doing this NOW means you'll have the rest of your life to enjoy. I spent almost 30 years being overweight (my largest regret in life). Please don't make the mistake I made... "now" is your time!
  • Gamliela
    Gamliela Posts: 2,468 Member
    Options
    Enlightening story and wonderful enthusiastic attitude. Its the sustainability in your story that I like the most.
    Thank you for sharing :)
  • Necolodian
    Necolodian Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Oh wow. You look incredible!!! Thank you for the inspiration.
  • ajaygrover626
    ajaygrover626 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Great job.
  • DogRiverDude
    Options
    Looking good!

Well thank you K_Nelson! Double-handed Coffee Cup profile pics must be the 'in' thing to do? I've seen a few on MFP recently. Hmm, maybe I could do a Beer Mug selfie. Hmm, just wait... two hands on the mug AND one hand holding the camera... how's THAT going to work? Can someone take my picture :smiley:
  • DogRiverDude
    Options
    really happy to read your story. and to hear u did it all with just adjusting diet and using mfp tools! i started tracking my calories at the end of jan, and have lost 18lbs so far! my ultimate wish is to be below 200, i'll settle for 199, so that means i have around 55 more lbs to go. but i can do it. like you said, once the weight starts coming off, you feel healthier, and do more things. the one day my son and I walked up and down the road picking up trash in the ditches...i haven't done anything too physical, since i have OA in both my knees, but i'm looking forward to riding my bike when the weather warms up! sorry to go on and on about my story, but your story spoke to me and i had to leave a comment! you look great and i'm so happy for you and your success!!!

Well thank you MyKrisnmiss! Some people need "plans" and that's just fine if it works for them. I really didn't want to be at the mercy of a diet plan so I simply ate nutritious and healthy foods. Congratulations on your loss so far, that's really fabulous! As each pound drops, physical tasks become easier. Not necessarily noticeable day to day but... if you look back one month it's quite amazing how much more you can do. One pound led to another for me, and 10 pounds to another 10 pounds... as I neared 200 pounds I asked myself: "I've come so far, why settle on something half-assed?". So I went for it, all or nothing you could say. Please never sell yourself short on any goal. If you're happy at 200 then power to you but... if you think you'd be happier at 190, go for it AND keep setting small goals until you know for a fact "THIS is where I want to be!". Thank you again... take care, and my very best wishes to you reaching your goal!!!
  • DogRiverDude
    Options
    Jaegur wrote: »
    This is awesome, congratulations! I wish I could say I'm on a similar track as far as weight goes, but I'm around 365 with my first big goal being 250. Posts like this are great for inspiration!

Thank Jaegur! Man, that first 65 will come off FAST if you work at it! I read that you're already active so really... it's all about controlling those calories. I made (still make) some super lean casserole-type meals that allowed me to chow down massive quantities of tasty nutritious food. Example: a Fish-based hearty Creole loaded with Veggies that I would eat up to 5 pounds daily (that's a LOT of food)! I was never hungry and rarely ate salads, or, if I did, it was as a side to some other lean meal I prepared. Good luck achieving your goal and PLEASE don't (as you stated in your Profile) "spontaneously eat you wife"! I almost bust-a-nut laughing when I read that... I KNOW the feeling!
  • DogRiverDude
    Options
    Fabulous.

Thank you GoldenGirl! Good luck achieving all the goals you've set for yourself!
  • DogRiverDude
    Options
    YinxFed wrote: »
    You look absolutely amazing! Hearty congratulations to you! I have a long way to go - 3 stones to lose (about 42 pounds), but I think I'll do it this time. Your story is both encouraging and helpful - thank you ☺

Well thank you so much YinxFed! 42 might seem like a lot but it's really not that bad. The first half will come off very fast if you hunker down! It's just a matter of committing, staying dedicated for a short while and SEEING the results on the scale and FEELING the results for yourself. You WILL do it this time... no thinking, just doing. All my best to you in shedding those 42!!!
  • celadontea
    celadontea Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Very motivating. Thank you for sharing your success with us all.
  • PKM0515
    PKM0515 Posts: 2,937 Member
    Options
    What an inspiration! :)
  • DogRiverDude
    Options
    alfking65 wrote: »
    Great job. My story is a lot like yours. On Nov. 28, 2015 I looked in the mirror and said to myself, you are out of control. I weighted 283 lbs. I weigh myself once a week and today I was at 227.5. I am 69 and have had to have both knees and hips replaced, not because of weight but the weight didn't help. I have so much energy now and am working to get to 180. You are an inspiration and I hope to join you in the below 200 club.

Thanks so much! Congratulations on your own success! The energy is amazing isn't it! Success truly builds upon success... as the weight comes off it becomes easier to be physically active. Keep up your incredible work; you may have already added 10 years to your life! Just fabulous!!

• nwd1976
    nwd1976 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Very inspirational. Thank you
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!