Get cut fast

Options
I am currently 240 and would like to be 200 by march 12. I am earing 2000 calories a day running 10 miles a week and lifting 4 to 5 times a week. Will this be enough?

Replies

• betuel75
    betuel75 Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    all depends on your calorie intake
  • dhaug44
    dhaug44 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    6 2 240 it says to eat 2100 a day to lose 2 pounds a week and I keep it around 1800 to 2000
  • dhaug44
    Options
    With 1 cheat meal a week and a few beers on saturdays
  • AJ_G
    AJ_G Posts: 4,158 Member
    Options
    That's a bit of a stretch, you have to lose a little over 3 lbs a week to hit your goal. It's doable, but I'd just shoot for weight loss without a strict end goal by March.
  • dhaug44
    Options
    Spring break bro that's the goal
  • dhaug44
    Options
    If I am going to do this what do I have to do.
  • blankiefinder
    blankiefinder Posts: 3,599 Member
    Options
    Way too fast, you would be better off to take it a bit slower. Even if you lost 2 pounds per week, that would still be around 32 pounds. Lift and hit your protein goals to maintain as much muscle mass as possible.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    dhaug44 wrote: »
    If I am going to do this what do I have to do.

Start about 6 weeks ago.

If you do somehow manage to do it, you're going to lose a lot of muscle mass in the process. Losing over 3 pounds a week means running a huge deficit (a deficit of somewhere around 1500 calories per day). Would you prefer to go into spring break a few pounds heavier, or looking like your skin is your pajamas?
  • dhaug44
    Options
    Well I am a very strong guy a have a gut that needs to go haha what would you recommend for goals then?
  • dhaug44
    Options
    And I did start 4 weeks ago at 250 I just havent been hitting the weights like normal due to a shoulder injury
  • dhaug44
    Options
    I have muscle to lose
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Do the 2 pounds a week and do the lifting. You will feel and look great at spring break.
  • betuel75
    betuel75 Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    cutting the cheat meals and beer will help... ;)
  • melonaulait
    melonaulait Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    Or, on the days where you'd like to have your couple of beers, you could have salads for lunch/dinner. :)
  • savageman69
    savageman69 Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    why would you want to lose muscle?....why would you workout to waste it away. Losing weight that fast is crazy you will get WAY better results losing .5-1lb a week much better fat to muscle ratio lost. 2000 calories? your kidding right..your 6'2 and 240lbs ...my maintenance is 4000 im only 5'11 and 208...with no cardio.

You can do as you please but losing it slow as possible will give you a much better body in the end.
  • blankiefinder
    blankiefinder Posts: 3,599 Member
    Options
    I have muscle to lose

You have muscle to lose? Not very often we hear that. Most people want to look good when they are done, not just weigh less and look skinny fat.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    With 1 cheat meal a week and a few beers on saturdays

Log your cheat meal and your beers - they should be within your weekly allowance

Lifting 3 times a week plus cardio plus a focus on your calorie intake and nutritional balance - you'll look and feel a whole lot better by March 12th

whether you'll hit an arbitrary scale weight is kind of irrelevant

good luck
  • siluridae
    siluridae Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I have muscle to lose

You have muscle to lose? Not very often we hear that. Most people want to look good when they are done, not just weigh less and look skinny fat.

Who says he's gonna look skinny fat?
    There are varying degrees of muscle mass you can have that all looks good.
  • Packerjohn
    Packerjohn Posts: 4,855 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Well I am a very strong guy a have a gut that needs to go haha what would you recommend for goals then?

When you say you have muscle to lose have you been lifting for a long time, HS athlete and just get into 1 or 2 too many beers and pizzas in college? Or not really been working out long term and think you're muscular?

If you're really 6'2" and muscular now with a gut, getting down to 200 and really lean will make you look like one of the skinny A&F models. Fitness models and NFL receivers your height are around 210-225 and ripped. I'd watch the diet, lift heavy, work some HIIT along with the running and shoot for the 215-220 range. Much more doable from a weight loss perspective and you'll look damn good on the beach.

Good luck.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    Spring break bro that's the goal

instead of dieting for specific events, I would suggest making changes that are going to last you a lifetime. What happens when you go on spring break, stop lifting, and start eating and drinking everything in site?

Eat in a moderate calorie deficit.
    get on a structured lifting program
    get adequate nutrition
    hit macros
    realize there are no bad foods
    get a food scale

do this for life….