(females) Victoria Secret fashion show

Options
Anyone watching the fashion show (haha) thinking hell with this Im working out tomorrow! Hahaha

Replies

• titianwasp
    titianwasp Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Not that particular one...but I will often look for similar stuff on tv when I see my motivation dipping. Pretty much anything where the cast is fit and the fashion is good.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    I watch it every year. I enjoyed it.
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    I won't be watching that. I don't find lingerie shows interesting. I do watch real fashion shows every once in awhile for trend ideas. Models are generally too thin for my taste so they don't affect me in any direction (comparing myself to them or being motivated), but I do enjoy some good fashion a couple of times a year. I especially enjoy fall fashion.
  • ValerieMartini2Olives
    ValerieMartini2Olives Posts: 3,041 Member
    Options
    Meh
  • Pearsquared
    Pearsquared Posts: 1,656 Member
    Options
    I enjoy the show for the theatrics, but never really find myself comparing my body to theirs. I'm 5'1'' with a long torso, "straight" body type, and I enjoy being pale. I guess it's easier when I know their body type is completely unattainable (and partially undesirable).
  • hookahbinx
    hookahbinx Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I watched it this morning for motivation :)
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    yum. sure... lets go kick some butt and be hotties.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    I've never watched it.
  • JenAndSome
    JenAndSome Posts: 1,908 Member
    Options
    I have never watched it. They are beautiful women that work hard for their bodies, I'm sure, but I draw my motivation from the desire to change myself, not look like someone else.
  • Whitezombiegirl
    Whitezombiegirl Posts: 1,042 Member
    Options
    I watched a behind the scenes documentary on the annual bikini shoot. The ladies said that they started prepping for the shoot three months before- and thats with the bodies etc that they have to start with. So much effort!
  • AlisonH729
    AlisonH729 Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    I thought Selena Gomez was ten times better looking than any of the Angels. I posted on my own timeline that VS has helped to perpetuate this impossible body image for so long, it's time they use their massive brand exposure to change it.

I know the fashion industry likes androgyny, they want you to notice the clothes not the models. But that's never really been VS's MO anyway. And since the we know the models work their tails off to look like they do as it is, is it so much to ask that they have a little muscle? Sexy, confident AND strong says 'bombshell' to me more so than the waif-ish models that were walking last night.
  • White_hibiscus
    White_hibiscus Posts: 1,594 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Nope. Comparing myself to others is a sure way for me to be unhappy. I get inspired by being my best. I'm at my goal weight, have been in maintenance for 17 months, do strength training, yoga and running. I'm happy with how I look. I would never in a million years look like a model.

If it inspires you, go for it. To each her own.
    Well, yeah comparing yourself to anyone not just to models is unhealthy so props for you!, however I never once mention anything about comparing myself. Lol Now if I want to look good in one of those lingerie pieces. Hell o yeah!

Thank you for your feedback; )
    Nope. Comparing myself to others is a sure way for me to be unhappy. I get inspired by being my best. I'm at my goal weight, have been in maintenance for 17 months, do strength training, yoga and running. I'm happy with how I look. I would never in a million years look like a model.

• farfromthetree
    farfromthetree Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    I dont know how much they eat in a day but, I'm pretty sure if I tried to look like that I would be passing out right and left.
    I went to a CrossFit competition a couple of weeks ago. There were women there whose bodies I admired so much more. Given the choice, I would prefer the muscle.
  • White_hibiscus
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Okey. People. My fault for not being more specific.

I never said anything about comparisons. Comparing yourself to anyone is no good.

This woman do workout & train hard thats inspirational to me. And 2nd the fact that at the present moment at 180lbd none of those lingerie outfits would probably fit or much less look appealing. Thats really what got me pump. I want to look good in one of those VS pieces for when my husband comes back from deployment. Thats my motivation not to look like anyone but my 50lbd less body.

Thanks yall☆
  • White_hibiscus
    Options

Well, yeah comparing yourself to anyone not just to models is unhealthy so props for you!, however I never once mention anything about comparing myself. Lol Now if I want to look good in one of those lingerie pieces. Hell o yeah!

Thank you for your feedback; )

My apologies then for misunderstanding.

My fault for not specifying. Have a great day☆

• justmaria2379
    justmaria2379 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    They go on a strict 1200 a day calorie diet and exercise. Plus they have to drink lots of water while training and eating foods high in vitamins and omega three so that their hair grows nice and shiny. But they work out a lot to get lean and tone so they look good in the lingerie. I wish I had that kind of motivation because I hate exercise and it's difficult for me to stick to any sort of exercise program. Sigh!
  • summerkissed
    summerkissed Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    Hell yeah!!!
  • annette_15
    annette_15 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    I just watched it after seeing this thread lol. Really just because I enjoy looking at pretty things, the music is good and its a well run show. I honestly think most of the models look healthier than the high end runway models. I would never compare myself to someone whos 5'9 when in 5'1 anyway. I know I'll never look like that, so if anything, them looking badass and fit makes me wanna go to the gym so I can rock some lingerie as well haha
  • Remilia_Scarlet
    Remilia_Scarlet Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I don't find it motivating, but I'll take any excuse to look at pretty ladies. :)
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,483 Member
    Options
    I had never watched it before, but did watch this one while working.
    I was enthralled. Not the women ( they were almost an accessory); the fabrics, staging, music- just the total theatrics of it.
    Now I wish I had recorded it so I could look at what the women's bodies were like.
    I wanted the wings they were wearing. Hee hee.

Cheers, h.